General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:17 AM   #1  

Question What Am I Doing Wrong?!!

Okay, let me start with a little background on myself. I have always been a eat what I want and never gain weight person, up until I had my 2nd child at 32. Little by little since then, the weight has crept up on me. I am 5'4 and 140 pounds which is 30 pounds heavier than I have ever been. )At 9 months pregnant I was only 130!) With that said, let me give you a sample of my current diet and exercise habits. On a typical day, I have a small bowl of oatmeal with either fresh strawberries or banana in it. I have a snack 3 hours later of 1/2 an avocado or 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with a small apple. For lunch I have a Lean Cuizine-usually Turkey with veggies or Chicken with veggies or a can of Healthy Request soup. 3 hours later a couple tablespoons of Hummus and a tomato cut up or maybe a handful of almonds. For dinner broiled chicken breast or Salmon/Tuna with black beans and brown rice, tomato and/or a small salad with low cal/fat dressing. I drink 70-80 oz of water per day. I exercise like a madman! I am at the gym 6 days/week for 2 hours. I hit the eliptical machine for 45 minutes to an hour. My heart rate at about 125-150. (resting HR for me is 68) and I strength train with weights 3 of those 6 days and the scale HAS NOT BUDGED in 3 months nor do my clothes fit any better AT ALL. I think I'm actually getting fatter. I do drink a couple beers a few days/ week(always have) but I factor that into my calorie intake for the day.Which is 1,200. I never go over 1,400 and I keep a very detailed diary. I record EVERY morsel that goes in my mouth. SO...WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!??
misslilly04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:32 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Have you had a doctor run some tests? There are medical issues that can cause this...I'd ask a doc to check your thyroid levels and generally make sure everything is in good working order.

What do you weigh now? Is your goal realistic?

It may also be that you're not eating enough nutrition to allow your body to drop lbs. While "starvation mode" is debatable, if you are eating 1200 calories and a tenth of those calories are from beer, you may not be getting sufficient nutrients, and the lack of nutrients may be causing your body to hang onto fat.

But first step, if you are 100% sure on your food tracking, is to see a physician.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #3  

You probably aren't eating enough to support the amount of exercise you are doing and your body is holding onto every calorie it can. Cut the beer. There is nothing redeeming in spending calories on it when you are eating so little. What you eat is very important, as much so as the total calories consumed. You menu is lacking in dairy and good fat. LC have a lot of sodium and teach you very little about healthy eating because the portions are too small and they are loaded with sodium. Use them for emergencies.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote