Old 10-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #1  

Arrow Is there a certian time you exercise?

I usually procrasanate it untill 8 or 9 at night. I hate it. Do you have a set time each day to do your work outs??? Do you stick to it? Was it hard to get into that routine? Why did you pick that alloted time??
anna78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #2  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

the best time is anytime you can consistently do it. i do it anytime of day.

the important thing is finding something you enjoy. then it will be fun, you'll look forward to it.

if traditional exercise isn't for you, look at other options.
what did you enjoy as a kid/teen? hula hoop, jump rope, walking out in nature, bike rides outside.
maybe try interesting dvds- belly dancing, kick boxing, anything you want to try. you could look at reviews online at collage video. or borrow some from your local library.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #3  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

All the time! Just like katy_trail said, I aim to work out quite a bit around the week and then at various times. I usually make it to 80% of workouts, and some are better than others based on energy levels, sleep levels, food, etc.

Diversify and see what works for you
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi. I usually exercise around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I don't like exercising and I used to try to do it in the morning but my walking partner went back to work and I don't seem to be able to motivate myself. My husband retired a couple of years ago and he will go to the health club or walk with me but is not a morning person. He is a very active guy. How I motivate myself is by saying, "I may only do 10 or 15 minutes." I almost always find myself doing more once I get started.I get so sweaty when I do cardio that my hair is soaked and my clothes are drenched so that takes more time to get cleaned up. Just finished. I've had some fibromyalgis and rotator cuff problems and stopped doing anything beside walking, or recumbant bike but realized I could start doing some situps and leg exercise. On days when I just can't do the cardio I try to do some situps. Just takes a minute out of my life and I don't get very sweaty. It's also very nice to be able to tell someone -hey, i just did some exercise!- and have them say - good job! I hope we can find that here. I'll be glad to do it but I'm not always on line. Anyway, good job to you for trying to figure this out. I did 32 min. of cardio today - I really thought I would be lucky to do 15 min. Yay!
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #5  

i do it at any time, i usualy try to do it when no one else is home lol and if they are only going to be gone a few minutes i really try to do as much as i can lol
ghostgirl811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #6  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

I do it as soon as I get up, before I eat. If it doesn't happen then it isn't going to happen.

I have bought a new WII game (walk it out) that is fun and cleverly hides from me the fact that I am actually doing exercise.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #7  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm usually home by 4:15 pm and I give myself some time to unwind, but everyday at 5pm I'm doing my exercises for one hour. I schedule it into my day and give myself NO excuses- over time it's just become a habit

I think scheduling it into your day helps a lot. I know at 4:50 pm it's time to start getting ready for my workout

I eat dinner right afterwards as well
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #8  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

For me it is late afternoon, when I get home from work. Occasionally it is very late in the evening but I try to avoid that so I don't cop out from end-of-day tireds.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

My dogs keep me on track with my big afternoon walk; I always go about 10-30 minutes after I get home from work or else they tear me up with scratching on me to get outside =) During the day I take 2 15-minute speed walks around the block and up 2 hills near my work which are always taken at the same time, plus I have a short 10 minute walk in the morning at 6 freaking AM, again because of the dogs. I am very regimented.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #10  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

On the weekdays immediately after work. What makes that so easy for me is I work from home as a programmer/systems analyst so tied to my desk all day working by myself and by the end of the day I'm ready to MOVE and see some people. Even if I don't talk to anyone at the gym, just being around other live humans is good for me.

If I know I have evening committments then I exercise over my lunch hour. When work is slow sometimes take 2 hour "lunch" so I can get to the gym and back. If only taking one hour, I can fit in an exercise DVD or a 55 minute walk.

Last edited by caryesings; 10-18-2010 at 08:27 PM.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:31 PM   #11  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I try to exercise right after I get home from work during the week. If I have dinner plans or something, then I just squeeze in an exercise DVD whenever I have time. There's always an hour to do Tae Bo in my living room. I also walk to/from work (about 2 miles, up a big hill) which is better than nothing.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:31 PM   #12  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

OMG... if I exercised at 8 or 9 at night, I would never get to sleep. I take Zumba on Tuesday evenings (it was 7 to 8) from 7:30 to 8:30 and even at that time, I have a hard time sometimes getting to sleep (I try to get to bed by 10).

I tried exercising first thing in the morning. Some people love it - they do their best at that time and then it is done and out of the way. I suck first thing in the morning. I drag butt and have a horribly hard time pushing myself. I am NOT a morning person.

SO - for me, I find 2 to 3 in the afternoon is perfect. I have a gym at work and my co-workers expect me to take my lunch at that time... so it helps to have everyone (including my boss) expecting me to be off at the gym at that time. I also seem to do best at that time, physically.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #13  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm a ridiculous morning person, so it's 5:30 AM for me, even when I'm off work for the summer. No, it wasn't hard to get into the routine for me, though really getting up at 5:00 AM is a little on the early side, even for me.

I wouldn't have it any other way! There are never any other commitments in the morning, EVER! No meetings, no school events, no doctor's appointments, no homework...nothing ever. It's my no excuse time and I'm very protective of it
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

As soon as I can after waking up, although it varies a bit.

I have two kids, one in elementary school and one in preschool. On M&T, when my preschooler doesn't have school, I typically work out after we get my elementary schooler on the bus. When my preschooler has school, I usually get up before the kids get up and work out and shower, then do the morning routine.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #15  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I have to have exercise in my schedule or I don't do it. I do a short early morning routine, walk during breaks at work, and then stop off at a free county facility on my way home. If I wait until I get home, I often get distracted and never do it.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote