South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 05:32 AM   #1  
Be happy.

Default Monday on the Beach Chat

Good morning

I couldn't think of a positive "m" descriptor for Monday that fit this morning, but I don't have time for a more creative person to start the thread. LOL

I had a hard time rolling out of bed this morning, it was so dark and cozy in our bedroom. It will be good for me when we turn the clocks in November. I went to a wonderful technology conference on Friday and I'm excited to get to school this mroning and see what I can start implementing. And the scale finally budged, so all in all I'm a happy gal this morning.

Enjoy your Monday friends.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:50 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Heidi. It's hard to be creative at the crack of dawn Monday. Have a geeky fun day

I've got an event tomorrow night on the west side of the mountains so it's working the doors, dropping t-shirts and planning all day today and tomorrow. It's a nice time to go over the mountains and I have a coffee shop with wifi and healthy good food over there so a fun couple of days. Wed. is zombie job day and then I'm off to a Burlington conference through Sat. morning (Ruth - in the mood for a road trip??). We got word that it's pretty much straight out through the election now but we have the rest of that week off to recover.
I am really testing my SBD on the road skills. Some days are great and others are not so great. Have to keep working on that.

The cats are reminding me that they get fed before I post here. Oops

Have a good Monday
Old 10-18-2010, 05:55 AM   #3  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Good morning Heidi :wave

I know what you mean about a warm and cozy bed. I keep forgetting about the time change, it's coming up in November? I thought it was at the end of October. I'm trying to push it up lol, I want that extra hour.

I am up bright and early. I put on a workout DVD and really worked my lower half. My right scapula and shoulder was a bit off before, but it really feels so bad now that I didn't do anything for my arms today. I have a PT appointment today so I am looking forward to talking to them about it. I have a million things to do today, have a nice day everyone
Old 10-18-2010, 05:57 AM   #4  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Oh Cyndi, I just saw your post, we crossposted. Good morning I hope your day is nice. What is zombie day? You sound busy. I hope your day is productive!
Old 10-18-2010, 06:11 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Heidi, Cyndi and Beloved. Yes, the time changes Nov. 7 so it'll be a bit brighter in the mornings ... for a while. It sure is dark and cold right now.

Did not get a chance to do outside stuff yesterday as the reception ran until almost 5. I came home to find my dishwasher has sprung a leak. I really wanted to wash my kitchen floor before supper! I think I may be ready for a new dw but will call the repair guy anyhow in case it's an easy (cheap) fix. It'll be hand washing for the next while and I'm glad I have no entertainment planned.

Time for coffee, breakfast and on with the day. i have a meeting at four this afternoon and need to cobble together a financial report. Then there's another meeting at 7 about Country Christmas. Where is the time going?

It's starting to feel like a manic Monday.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Monday girls!

It was hard for me to crawl out from beneath the covers, too. We haven't turned on the heat in the house yet, and it's pretty chilly in the mornings.

Heidi, that's great that your conference last Friday was motivating enough to make you eager to get to your classroom today! And CONGRATULATIONS for finally breaking out of the 50s!

Cyndi, it sounds like your work week will be fun, and good luck staying OP with being on the road all day. Do you have a cooler to keep in the car?

Beloved, I hope your PT can help your shoulder feel better. We turn back the clocks on November 7 this year. That will be easy for me to remember, it's my birthday.

I had a pretty good weekend despite my head cold. Monica and Carley spent the day with us yesterday and brought a new Wii game that we had a lot of fun with. It got me motivated to start doing my Wii Fit workouts again, too.
I have my routine cut and color at the hairdresser's this morning before going over to the farm. It will be a long day, as the girls have Cotillion after school, but I can sit in the car and read while they're having lessons, so I don't mind.

Ruthie!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-18-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:56 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Beloved - zombie job = the job that won't die. It's just my own warped sense of humor again

Cottage - I have a cooler but in this weather I really want something warm and I want wifi Wish I could find a place to eat my own food and do a little work.

Ruth - I can't believe it's Christmas planning time already. Wow, it does just fly by.

Time to get moving
Old 10-18-2010, 07:07 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Heidi, thanks for getting us started and congrats! on your WL. Your title was creative enough...I found it. Have fun with the kiddos!

BelovedK, enjoy your busy day after coming off a successful beachin' weekend. I hope the PT has some good news for you. I hear ya' on the million things to do, me too.

Cyndi, although your week is full of work it actually sounds like fun. I hope your driving is stress free, although I'll bet the new car sure helps with that. I haven't seen my kitty yet this morning. Last night when we came home she had gotten shut in the basement...not too happy.

Ruth, although a new dishwasher would be nice getting the old one fixed would be much simpler. I'm on a new plan outside which is just 10 minutes a day and things are getting done. I find it easier to find the time that way. I hope your report goes smooth so you can move on....geez Country Christmas already...are we getting closer to Spring?

Linda, we aren't using much heat yet...we have the old steam radiators here. I just felt this one and it's a tad warm. Yes, I think it will be Wii season for you all very soon. I don't know if this will be my year for one or not. I hope your cold is getting better.

Karen

Me, up an at em'. I left my phone at Home Depot yesterday (15 miles) so I persuaded Kirk to clean up after painting and we went to the country club for dinner and picked up my phone on the way home. Nice because the kitchen is a wreck. I have the laundry in, 1/2 a pumpkin in the oven and clean canning jars ready to come out of the dishwasher. I have a pile of relics which need to get in the mail to family members so I'll get those out of here today, too. There sure is alot of work here for us...keeps us as busy as before we retired down here.

I'm working towards and OP day...if I can just get the freezer food unburied it will help.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 10-18-2010, 08:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Another Monday already!

Heidi - I am always so glad someone gets here before me. My mind is a blank in the mornings. Glad the scale moved.

Cyndi - I envy you and Debbie your mountains

Beloved - Awesome job working the parts you can! The time used to change in October; I can't remember why they moved it. To confuse us probably.

Ruth - I am looking forward to appliances dying, almost, so that I can change my white for stainless! Hope your repairs are cheap.

Linda - I always feel so much better after I de-gray my hair.

Debbie - Hi back!! I'd panic if I left my phone somewhere. Isn't it amazing that we lived most of our lives without them but are now so dependent?

I heard from DH last night; he is out of the Utah mountains and was on the road back to CO. He'll spend the day there then drive home tomorrow. Yes, I missed him a little, but I honestly really have enjoyed the quiet and having the bed to myself. I got a bit spoiled this week. And I had a great eating week - the first whole week I have strung together in I can't remember how long. Gotta go be sure the teen is in the shower...

Have a great day chicks.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/136/125

Height: 5'4''

Hey y'all

Just had to share that I'm 135lbs this morning, the smallest I have been in years. Yay for the breakup diet/never really being hungry!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Congrats Erin! Good morning all! My bestie is coming tommorrow.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

ugh
Old 10-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'll have to come back later and read through the posts....so Hi everyone...I just had to come share my great news!!!

Today was weigh in day for me....drum roll please....188.8!!! Do the happy dance!! I was getting SO frustrated with NOT being able to get out of the 190's....so being in the 180's is a HUGE deal to me right now. I felt like they were being SO elusive...darn scale! I've been messing around with the 190's for about 6 months! I'm done with those buggars!!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good for u J-78!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #15  

S/C/G: maintaining

Jyoyo and Erin
Closed Thread