Old 10-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/143.5/140

Height: 5'5

Default Chocolate Soy Puffs

I LOVE THEM! I received a new order of food and decided to try these! I'm in love. I'm not there yet but when I am in maintenance I would love to continue with these treats but it could be costly. Has anyone found a delicious comparable IP alternative?
msren10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

We actually just talked about them in the Alternative thread -- it's a sticky up above. Check it out!

Eat Ants found them, I compared with my IP box, and they appear to be exactly the same in calories, fat, ingredients, etc. I bought a bunch!

My aunt did a diet last year that is similar to IP. She sent me a link to where she bought her food b/c she saw my IP food and said it was exactly the same. After a little research some of the food is exactly the same as IP, others are more like Lindora's food.

The site is Nashuanutrition.com. Check the food under the Proti-Thin and ProtiDiet sections. They even have chocolate covered soy puffs.

Also, for those who love the RTD shakes, newlifestylediet.com has both the vanilla and chocolate in stock and they are almost exactly the same as IPs, I think there were only 2 ingredients in a different order meaning slightly different amounts of those ingredients.
JessicaCourez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/143.5/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
We actually just talked about them in the Alternative thread -- it's a sticky up above. Check it out!

Eat Ants found them, I compared with my IP box, and they appear to be exactly the same in calories, fat, ingredients, etc. I bought a bunch!

My aunt did a diet last year that is similar to IP. She sent me a link to where she bought her food b/c she saw my IP food and said it was exactly the same. After a little research some of the food is exactly the same as IP, others are more like Lindora's food.

The site is Nashuanutrition.com. Check the food under the Proti-Thin and ProtiDiet sections. They even have chocolate covered soy puffs.

Also, for those who love the RTD shakes, newlifestylediet.com has both the vanilla and chocolate in stock and they are almost exactly the same as IPs, I think there were only 2 ingredients in a different order meaning slightly different amounts of those ingredients.
Thanks! I love this board! It makes staying on track a lot easier!
msren10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:46 PM   #4  
Began IP 8-18-10

S/C/G: 179.7/152.9/130

Height: 5'3'

Quote:
Originally Posted by msren10 View Post
I LOVE THEM! I received a new order of food and decided to try these! I'm in love. I'm not there yet but when I am in maintenance I would love to continue with these treats but it could be costly. Has anyone found a delicious comparable IP alternative?
OMG!!! I received my first box today and tried them! I know this is off protocol but I could eat the whole box! These will be hidden away!
Starrfish23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Alas I loved them too much! I bought a few packets to try, and ate them waaay too fast - sort of like my old pre IP behavior. I couldn't stay away from them!

So once they were gone (let's face it, had been snarfed up by me) I decided not to buy them again. I like so many of the foods that giving up the most addictive (for me) one was just essential for me to reach my goal.
Crystal88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #6  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

I have to say they are one of my favorites. My strategy in phases 1 and 2 was to only buy one box per month and my DH and I had to share that box. So, when we opened a package, we would share them.

This actually helped me develop a new strategy for how to eat "candy" or other "treats". I don't need to eat all of it, or eat it right away. (DOH! really?? this reminds me of someone's post yesterday about how skinny people think differently).

It took ME several months of purposely structured behavior to learn that. Now (phase 4) I still buy them for my "treat" but almost never finish a package in one sitting (if my DH is not there). And I have learned to do the same thing with other incredibly nummy items...NEVER thought I could do that. NEVER. And now I am TOTALLY psyched to find I can find them somewhere cheaper, THANKS so much for the tip!
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
I have to say they are one of my favorites. My strategy in phases 1 and 2 was to only buy one box per month and my DH and I had to share that box. So, when we opened a package, we would share them.

This actually helped me develop a new strategy for how to eat "candy" or other "treats". I don't need to eat all of it, or eat it right away. (DOH! really?? this reminds me of someone's post yesterday about how skinny people think differently).

It took ME several months of purposely structured behavior to learn that. Now (phase 4) I still buy them for my "treat" but almost never finish a package in one sitting (if my DH is not there). And I have learned to do the same thing with other incredibly nummy items...NEVER thought I could do that. NEVER. And now I am TOTALLY psyched to find I can find them somewhere cheaper, THANKS so much for the tip!
I got the ones I ordered today and I did a side by side taste test...they are really, truly the same! Amazing!! Thanks, Eat Ants for the tip!
JessicaCourez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 221/165/155 started 8/10/10

Height: 5' 8 1/2"

So jealous! I tasted one puff and absolutely loved it...unfortunately, it turns out I'm allergic to them...also allergic to IP's candy bars. Maybe that's a good thing though, considering my behavior with food I love, which is what got me here in the first place. lol.
loves2swim is offline   Reply With Quote