Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 11:39 PM   #1  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Default Thoughts and Prayers

So, it's on...the war has commenced.

No matter how you feel about the war, I urge you to support the troops. It's not an oxymoron; you can totally disagree with the President, but still understand that the men and women deployed don't have a choice. (For anyone saying, "They didn't have to join the military," well, wars are fought by the poor. Lots of folks join the military because they had no other real option. My husband was one.) Remember these men and women - and their families - in your thoughts and prayers tonight. (Let's especially send out thoughts and prayers to Bella23, whose husband is currently deployed.)

Jennelle (who married a sailor and was once a sailor herself!)
Old 03-20-2003, 12:04 AM   #2  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

I so agree, Jennelle! The war has now started. No matter what your opinion on this war, I think we should now focus our energy and attention to praying for and supporting our troops, who are poised bravely in harm's way with a most noble and decent spirit.

May angels surround them and protect them, and may God go before them.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:21 AM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Some guys from my dad's unit went, but not my dad yet.

I hate our president. I support our troops. The two are not mutually exclusive
Old 03-20-2003, 03:28 AM   #4  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I'm sending up prayers for these brave young men and women as well.

glynne (Gayle)
Old 03-20-2003, 07:25 AM   #5  
Searching

When you support the troops help them out by supporting thier families too. Meals and babysitting are helpful thing right now. Thank you.

Miss Chris
Father, cousin, and sister are all over there
Old 03-20-2003, 10:16 AM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I'm sending my prayers out!!!
Old 03-20-2003, 01:39 PM   #7  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I feel terrible that the Canadian government has taken the stand that they have. I'm quite certain that the citizens don't support the decision not to become involved in the war. We don't have a whole lot to offer militarily as compared to the US and Great Britain but I'm sure there is something we could do.

I don't think that Bush has done the right thing, I'm certain there are hidden agendas (oil) and a lot of stuff not being told to the public but since he has started this I think the least his allies can do is support the men and women who are the troops fighting this war. I think Chretian will change his mind shortly as po'ing the US would be very bad for Canada economically.
Old 03-20-2003, 01:40 PM   #8  

While I don't agree with the war, I hope that those men and women who are fighting return safely. I support their decision to join the armed forces, and understand that they are simply following orders. I support them in any way possible. My thoughts are prayers go out to those who are overseas, and their families. May every last one of them come home safely.
Old 03-20-2003, 02:05 PM   #9  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Send a message that counts! Send a message to the brave men and woman in the middle east!

http://anyservicemember.navy.mil/About.html

I support President Bush 100% and I hope that Saddam gets what's been coming to him for some time. I hope for this war to be fast and for the people of Iraq to taste freedom soon.
The world will be a much safer place thanks to the many troups overseas (my husband was one of them in the first golf war - he was a marine for 10 years!)

Dana
Old 03-24-2003, 01:06 PM   #10  

I first want to say a big THANK YOU for all the support you have given me. I also want to thank Miss Chris for mentioning the families. I think, in a way, that the families have it just as hard as the soldiers and when we hear people bash the military it hurts. I am one that agrees and disagrees with Bush, but I won't get into that. But I strongly support the soldiers. One of my biggest fears is that our troops will be treated bad when they return home. That would be horrible.

Anyway, my family support group will be sending care packages to the soldiers in a month or so. If anyone is interested in sending the soldiers care packages, please pm me and I'll tell you how you can do it. ( I hope this isn't against the rules)

Again, thanks for all your support. It's needed.

Bella23
Closed Thread