Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 06:46 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Fri. 15 Oct 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Yesterday's thread

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Have a terrific day!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-15-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:20 AM   #2  
started IP 9.1.10

S/C/G: 197/175.8/120

Height: 5.4

Default any advice?

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was one of the whirl wind, hang onto your hats, kind of day. Off to work in a rush and left my IDP drink on the counter - drank lot's of water til lunch. Lunch was good stuffed mushroom, zucchini pesto and salad - orange drink. Then my husband couldn't come to pick me up until 9 pm. No dinner - more water and when we got home at 10 I had a vanilla RDT and off to bed.

My question - will a day like this throw off my state of ketosis? How should I proceed today? Has this ever happened to you.

I'm a slow looser but my weight loss has been steady and I'm determined to keep it that way so I follow the plan to a T!

Thanks for any tips...Judy

Last edited by Judon; 10-15-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All!

Well, I had WI#2, and was a little disappointed, but then remember, I had an exceptionally high first week loss.

Down 3 pounds, and 5 inches! I am happy and am hoping to be in the 160's next WI. Once I get to the 160's, I should be able to start getting into some of my clothes.

Carla, what can you tell me about aspartame and its effects on this diet? I have researched what aspartame does, am just unclear to its effects?

I don't use a lot of aspartame, but do have some in a day, am always searching for something different, but its tough.

I am also still feeling very hungry between lunch and supper.

I bought some Ketostix, and its showing trace amounts, so that is good, I haven't fallen off then? LOL

Have a great day everyone (I stopped using ladies when I noticed the man, sorry about that Dave)
Old 10-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #4  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. Just stopping in quickly... I am having a great week with my sister.. I kinda fell off the IP wagon with Thanksgiving last weekend, but I'm back on track now. I didn't get to weigh in this week because of Monday being a holiday, but I wasn't too upset about that. Hope everyone is having a good week!! I will be around more next week once my sister is gone.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone !

Well, I think I'm an official member of the losing hair club. I haven't noticed big clumps falling out or anything but yesterday my bathtub plugged up and wouldn't budge. I discovered that I am a plumber replete with plumber's crack - ha ha. By the end of the day that drain was flowing nicely again - SWEET I RAAAWK !

Have a great and safe weekend everyone !
Plumber Em Jay !
Old 10-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #6  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Pretty sure I've officially hit the 200's!!!! I am on my way out of town today, so I'll miss my official weigh in tomorrow, and now have to wait until next Saturday for my official numbers. However, my scale is 2 lbs more than the one at the clinic, and I've hit it at home, so I can celebrate as far as I'm concerned!! GOODBYE FOREVER 300's!!!

Last edited by OnMyWayForGood; 10-15-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #7  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Good morning! Just checkin in...
yesterday before work I went for a flu shot about 11am.. walked around the pharmacy 5 mins looking at the cards..then it hit .. a wave of "am I gonna faint feeling" and nausea.. I felt embarrassed but told the pharmacist.. he sat with me 5 more mins and I left.. ( My daughter drove me home) I didn't feel right all day.. just arm ached and felt extremely tired.. but 7pm the feeling passed.. FINALLY! ..... I have never had this reaction before..weird.

Well today I am zooming, already baked my chicken and steamed my veggies for lunch ( dinner for lunch today with my son and his fiancee visiting)

have a good friday everyone.. stay strong..

Hi Carla- I signed up for 1 year at $75. so the increase at my clinic will not effect me.. good!!
Old 10-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #8  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Good morning! Just checkin in...
yesterday before work I went for a flu shot about 11am.. walked around the pharmacy 5 mins looking at the cards..then it hit .. a wave of "am I gonna faint feeling" and nausea.. I felt embarrassed but told the pharmacist.. he sat with me 5 more mins and I left.. ( My daughter drove me home) I didn't feel right all day.. just arm ached and felt extremely tired.. but 7pm the feeling passed.. FINALLY! ..... I have never had this reaction before..weird.
My husband faints at injections. His blood pressure is so low and it drops more when he feels the needle and so he usually just passes out.

I know with IP my blood pressure is running lower, so it may be that you just moved in a way to cause it to drop lower and it hit you. Doesn't sound like fun though!

I have a Sports Law test to take this morning and tomorrow we are off for a huge Catholic Conference in Des Moines. I can't wait!
Old 10-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 224/220/150

Height: 5 foot 2 inches

I just wanted to say hi, I started IP (on my own due to cost restraints) on Tuesday and I'm already down 4 pounds -it's amazing. I am using Dr. Tran's site and I've poured over this board taking notes for a week before I started the diet and joined the board and got a wealth of information and I thank you all for that.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Everyone!

Someone asked about Crystal Light and aspartame. I noticed when I drink thinks with other artificial sweeteners I don't seem to lose as much so I just occasionally do it. I truly believe if I vary at all of the program like a diet pop or a few packs of splenda even it seems to slow me down.

I started the big breakfast on Monday and so far so good. WI yesterday and down a little over 3 lbs. Body fat and inches down so I am very happy. I love my breakfast but I am full all day, it is screwing up my schedule. I also got my bottom braces on Wednesday( I have had top ones on since Feb.) and now my teeth don't match up and I can't chew stuff. What a bummer when I can finally have toast, I didn't give it up though. It just takes me like 45 min to eat breakfast!

Good job to everyone on their great successes and keep it up to all!! Have a great weekend!
Old 10-15-2010, 10:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!

OnMyWay - congratulations! You must be so happy! Am a reading that right and it means over 50 lbs since July? That's great!
Medicmom - 3 lbs and 5 inches is fabulous! Way to go!

I am feeling much better this morning. After swearing I would not look at my own scale, I peeked this morning and it says I'm down 2 lbs, so everything's good!
There was a discussion on another thread about water and, whereas I thought I was drinking enough (over 80 oz), bumping it up to over 100 oz a day may help me out.
I also have a question. I drink plain water all day, at least 60-70 oz. But in the evenings I enjoy either Perrier or flavoured noncarbinated water. I just wanted to clarify once and for all, does the Perrier and flavoured water count as water as long as I drink at least as much plain water during the day? Your guidance would be appreciated!

I am off work today (mental health day ) and plan on spending a lovely, sunny fall day raking leaves in my yard and pruning back spent perennials. Nothing like some garden therapy after a stressful work week.
Have a wonderful IP day!
Old 10-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 256/236/185

Height: 5 foot 9.25 inches

Hello all you wonderful people! I've shared the site with others wanting to start IP and they have all been amazed at the support, information and sense of community.
Congratulations on all the success everyone has had. I had a great WI - 3 pounds from goal What a journey - and still more to go. All have contributed to my success - and I am profoundly grateful. Wishing you all a great weekend.
Jean
Old 10-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/131/140

Height: 5'4

Good morning all. I was just getting ready to order some stuff and am looking for your opinions. Has anyone tried any of the following WF products? I have only tried the ranch and thousand island dressing and I'm not too happy.
-Bacon Ranch or Creamy Ranch dressing
- BBQ sauce (hickory smoked)
-Veggie ranch dip
-Raspberry vinegrette
- mayo
-any of the fruit spreads or syrups

Thanks for your input.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Noticing a pattern. A couple of days after my WI I tend to drop a couple of pounds but last week over the next couple of days they were back on. This morning the same think down 1.5 from Wed a.m. so I'm hoping that stays off and more. Eating my 3 packets per day so that might be the trick as I had slacked off to 2 most days not being hungry. I'm in the 160's and having to pinch myself because it's been so long. I get so much inspiration looking at everyone's success on this board. Living in the south, there are so many temptations as my goal is to get down to healthy BMI before the holidays because I know they will be tough.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #15  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
Good morning all. I was just getting ready to order some stuff and am looking for your opinions. Has anyone tried any of the following WF products? I have only tried the ranch and thousand island dressing and I'm not too happy.
-Bacon Ranch or Creamy Ranch dressing
- BBQ sauce (hickory smoked)
-Veggie ranch dip
-Raspberry vinegrette
- mayo
-any of the fruit spreads or syrups

Thanks for your input.
I don't like the ranch either, but I do like the Thousand Island. IMHO, the Bacon Ranch is better than the regular ranch, and better than the Bacon dressing.
I like the BBQ sauce (though I'm not much of a sauce on meat kinda guy)
Never had the dips the or the raspberry vinaigrette.
I used the mayo to make some homemade ranch dressing. It was good for the first couple of salads, then started tasting nasty.
Thumbs up to all of the fruit spreads and syrups. They're all really good.
Closed Thread