Old 10-14-2010, 01:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/181/150

Height: 5'4

Default Help-Lunch

Gahhh! I lost over 20 lbs and then went off the diet for my birthday cause ya know...girls gotta have her fun...so anyway I've been off it for a couple weeks now and luckily staying the same weight I'm just having the hardest time getting back into it! The recipe threads are great for dinner but lunch is where I suffer. I'm so bored with salads..I'm 5 seconds away from bringing in two cups of cucumbers...I mean it really doesn't sound that bad...maybe do the vinegar and salt thing, that's always yum...I'm getting off track, if anyone has any tips or ideas on what to do for lunch...or even want to share some motivation to shed the last 20 that'd be much appreciated
serendipity04080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #2  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

At lunch I usually do steamed broccoli or cauliflower with some salt/pepper and some Mrs. Dash seasonings. I microwave those steamfresh bags (forget which brand).
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity04080 View Post
Gahhh! I lost over 20 lbs and then went off the diet for my birthday cause ya know...girls gotta have her fun...so anyway I've been off it for a couple weeks now and luckily staying the same weight I'm just having the hardest time getting back into it! The recipe threads are great for dinner but lunch is where I suffer. I'm so bored with salads..I'm 5 seconds away from bringing in two cups of cucumbers...I mean it really doesn't sound that bad...maybe do the vinegar and salt thing, that's always yum...I'm getting off track, if anyone has any tips or ideas on what to do for lunch...or even want to share some motivation to shed the last 20 that'd be much appreciated
I know the feeling. Lunch was such a dilemma for me. This week I discovered I could microwave the omlette. So I sauteedgreen peppers and onions or zucchini and green pepper, then put them into the omlette. I make a romaine salad with cucumbers and it's a great meal. I also have made the chicken soup with sauteed broccoli and mushrooms. There is a great recipe in the Recipe #2 thread for Asian "fried" Cauliflower - that is delicious!! One of my favorite lunch items. Just remember - this program is a short-term and you can do it!!!
nursemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

If it's getting colder you can always start switching over to soups I made a large pot of lentil soup and I portioned it out for a quick and easy lunch I'm glad it's soup weather cuz I was ALSO sick of salads.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Height: 5'6"

Lentils? Wouldn't that be a no-no on IP? I thought all legumes were out, at least in phase 1?

I have been craving soup -- but my first experiment trying to come up with an IP approved soup was a disaster. I know I can throw some veggies in the IP soups, but I long for filling the house up with the smell of a pot of soup slow cooking on the stove. I never realized how much my fall "traditions" were tied to food until being on this diet!
calebs grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/135/115..started 10/4/10

Height: 4'10.5"

I also have cooked the eggs in the microwave (and they are great) and do a lot of the frozen broccoli and cauliflower. Pickles are also a staple in our office fridge, so I use that to pick me up when I am bored
sngn4God is offline   Reply With Quote