Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Wed. 13 Oct. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Have a terrific day!
Old 10-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #2  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

I'm Svelting, thank you so much for your dedication in starting the daily threads, and good luck with the rest of your weight-loss journey.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:12 AM   #3  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

I haven't read past posts, but wanted to pop in to let you know I'm still here before I zoom off to work...
I'm Svelting, thank you so much for your continous efforts to keep us "regular" on these posts.. ok that was a bad pun.. I am over tired..
I am THRILLED your already moving down the phases... wow that went fast!!

Keep up the great losses everyone and welcome all the newbies.. I did read some of Life after Phase one- and so many screen names I recognize.. Good for you all!!
I did take IP puddings with me to Fla and yes still got the headaches from the sucralose that was in there.. They do have a lot- I find them so sweet! Maybe I'm just sensitive to sweetners that they taste stronger to me..

I hope I can trade them in for IP mushroom soup- I eat one of them daily!

have a great day!
angel blessings!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:34 AM   #4  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Wednesday morning! Feeling good today - finally kicked my cold and/or allergies that have been making me feel blahhhh. Scale was down again today to 187.8!! Yay! I remember getting to 188 for about a minute several years ago and I was worried about getting 'stuck' there. Motivates me to make sure today is a really great IP day!! :-)

I also want to say thanks to I'm Svelting for your daily dedication to this board. I was probably one of the unruly ones that started posting on the board back in August as I was struggling to figure out how to interact with the weekly thread and poor search functionality of the board.

I am glad that the transition to the daily chat was decided upon and I love to see how many new people join the board everyday! I'm moving from 'newbie' to a little more 'seasoned' and hope that I can share some of my 1st month experiences with those who are now struggling. Hang in there as it really does get better!!!

Anyhow, have a great, beautiful mid-October day, everyone!! Best wishes for a great IP day, too! :-)
Old 10-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/135/115..started 10/4/10

Height: 4'10.5"

First weigh in on Monday 10/11 went well with 9 lbs lost and 3 1/2 inches gone!! So excited. On past diets on weigh-in day I would go out and splurg a little...it was hard to not do that this time, but I did it and am going strong! This is amazing! I feel good...although I am a little tired...but that could be from my busy schedule? I don't care...at this point, anything is better than what was! I am sticking by my motto: Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!!!

Last edited by sngn4God; 10-13-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #6  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Good morning everyone!! I was just reading the thread about how everyone's sizes have changed since losing weight on IP!!! INCREDIBLE!! Talk about motivation!!! Thanks for setting that up Carla!!

Just want to give a shout out to Mother Duck for the great quote in last night's thread!!! Thanks so much for the motivation as well! Stay with us, MD, IP really works and we will do this thing together.

I love the way IP literally "melts" the fat off of my body!! My face is starting to look younger than it did. Anyone else find that? I haven't started shopping for any better fitting clothes yet, still trying to make do with what I have. When my dress slacks start to look too ridiculous, maybe I'll try to wear one of my dresses. We did book our trip to Maui and I am taking Linden's advice of buying a new bathing suit when we get there!! YAY, thanks so much for the fun advice, Linden!! We are going at Christmas!! Have a lovely time in Germany, Linden, wow what an experience!!

Have a great day, my IP friends!!

Edit to add: Will update my ticker numbers after my weigh in on Friday afternoon!

Last edited by SallyM; 10-13-2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: spelling error and addl info
Old 10-13-2010, 12:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Morning everyone!

After searching and searching I found pants (yep - plural!). Finally! I swear, I must of tried on at least 3-4 dozen pants over the past few weeks. Ridiculous... I bought 3 pairs; charcoal/gray trousers (petite-petite), black cords (petite 2) and gap jeans (double zero (00) - talk about having the goofiest grin of amazement and excitement when the sales lady encouraged me to try them on and they fit!!!).

Buying clothes (and even when just looking) is ssssooooooooooo much fun now that I can actually fit (and look good) in clothes. You know how when you decorate your home, there's something like 7 decorating things to do to make your place look fantastic (paint, furniture, lighting, plants, accessories...)? Well, I'm trying to carry over that same "philosophy" when buying outfits. For example, buying shoes and boots, scarves, bigger jewelry pieces, belts, purses... Even when I was in the 140's, I'd look at women (and pictures in magazines) and wish I could dress like that. Well, no more wishing for me! I'm actually doing it and it feels great! No, I feel great!

Definitely glad I'd been setting aside money for the past few months to pay for my shopping expeditions; otherwise I'd be just looking and not wearing lol. So a small piece of advice to those of you who have a lot to lose, start putting money away now - even if it's only 5 -10 dollars a week. It all adds up and before you know it, you'll be at goal and ready for new clothes.

Gotta get back to work.

Hope everyone's day is going great!
Old 10-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #8  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Yeah for everyone!!
I am still loosing slowly but I did tip the scales in the 128 area so I am pretty happy.
It is not my WI day so I will do that tomorrow.
Happy Wednesday everyone!!
Old 10-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #9  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
Morning everyone!

After searching and searching I found pants (yep - plural!). Finally! I swear, I must of tried on at least 3-4 dozen pants over the past few weeks. Ridiculous... I bought 3 pairs; charcoal/gray trousers (petite-petite), black cords (petite 2) and gap jeans (double zero (00) - talk about having the goofiest grin of amazement and excitement when the sales lady encouraged me to try them on and they fit!!!).

Buying clothes (and even when just looking) is ssssooooooooooo much fun now that I can actually fit (and look good) in clothes. You know how when you decorate your home, there's something like 7 decorating things to do to make your place look fantastic (paint, furniture, lighting, plants, accessories...)? Well, I'm trying to carry over that same "philosophy" when buying outfits. For example, buying shoes and boots, scarves, bigger jewelry pieces, belts, purses... Even when I was in the 140's, I'd look at women (and pictures in magazines) and wish I could dress like that. Well, no more wishing for me! I'm actually doing it and it feels great! No, I feel great!

Definitely glad I'd been setting aside money for the past few months to pay for my shopping expeditions; otherwise I'd be just looking and not wearing lol. So a small piece of advice to those of you who have a lot to lose, start putting money away now - even if it's only 5 -10 dollars a week. It all adds up and before you know it, you'll be at goal and ready for new clothes.

Gotta get back to work.

Hope everyone's day is going great!

That is awesome! How long did it take you to lose all of your weight? You really inspire me
Old 10-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #10  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
I haven't read past posts, but wanted to pop in to let you know I'm still here before I zoom off to work...
I'm Svelting, thank you so much for your continous efforts to keep us "regular" on these posts.. ok that was a bad pun.. I am over tired..
I am THRILLED your already moving down the phases... wow that went fast!!

Keep up the great losses everyone and welcome all the newbies.. I did read some of Life after Phase one- and so many screen names I recognize.. Good for you all!!
I did take IP puddings with me to Fla and yes still got the headaches from the sucralose that was in there.. They do have a lot- I find them so sweet! Maybe I'm just sensitive to sweetners that they taste stronger to me..

I hope I can trade them in for IP mushroom soup- I eat one of them daily!

have a great day!
angel blessings!
I'm glad you're back. I know things were tough and I hope you came home knowing your visit was probably very much appreciated, and needed.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 193/179/140

Height: 5"1'

Just found this website for recipes ... http://idealweightacadiana.com/recipes

Michelle
Old 10-13-2010, 01:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 193/179/140

Height: 5"1'

And another one ... http://arvadachiro.com/custom_conten...n_recipes.html

(If I should have posted this in the recipe sticky, sorry!!)

Michelle
Old 10-13-2010, 02:11 PM   #13  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
YAY, thanks so much for the fun advice, Linden!! We are going at Christmas!! Have a lovely time in Germany, Linden, wow what an experience!!
Yeah. Being with family and losing weight = new life. Pretty good combination.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Make it matter- you are my inspiration! We both started around the same weight and close in height and now you are living my daydreams! Good for you! Can I pls ask when you started IP? Congrats on the double 00 GAP! WOW freaking WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Showgirlaz- thank you for the advice on the keytones .. I drink a ton of water everyday -- usually 3 to 4 litres per day!!!!

Motherduck - you are inspiring as always!

To everyone else! You are doing great! Some days I struggle like crazy to not go to the dark side (pizza, chocolate.. you know!).. however, when I go to bed that night, I always feel so proud.. and you know, its been along time since I have felt proud of myself!

Take care,
Candace..

BTW- WI tonight.. keep ya posted!
Old 10-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #15  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Does anyone know why we cannot chew sugarless gum on the IP plan?
Closed Thread