Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #1  
Rather be riding!

S/C/G: 81.5/75.1/60 since 18Feb2015

Height: 157 cm

Default Calling green-friendly chicks...

I'm hoping there's some of you in here. I'm looking for some ideas on how to curb munchies-related weight gain. Obviously the politically correct answer is to not get the munchies, but I am crossing my fingers that you rockin' chicks will be sympathetic to my recreational indulgences

I'm an occasional pot user and it's approximately then that all my motivation just poofs away...

What do you keep in your cupboard to snack on when the need strikes? Are there any epically tasty items that are also low in calories so I don't eat the kitchen empty...again? lol!

Your ideas, prz!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

haha, i'm terrible at not eating everything in sight. i had a personal pizza from a gas station that was a dollar, low moment definitely. I like air popped popcorn a lot, it doesn't have a lot of calories, and takes a while to eat. I also tend to chill out at parks or at friend's houses for a while, so going through a drive though is not an option.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:52 AM   #3  
this space for rent

S/C/G: 274/274/140

Height: 5'8"

not muc of a 420 girl, but try rice cakes with apple butter...rice cakes never have a lot of calories, and apple butter has less calories and fat than peanut and almond butter. fruit is always a good idea, or if its something you plan, do it after cooking the next meal. foods done, you smoke, you eat the food you cook.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #4  
Rather be riding!

I totally tried the popcorn idea and it was great!! The BEST freakin popcorn I'd EVER HAD, haha

You were right on it lasting forever. By the time the bag was empty, like 2 hours had passed, and I only spent 1 WW point.

Genius. Thank you!
Old 08-30-2010, 12:11 PM   #5  
Rather be riding!

Also- had a potluck on Saturday and set up a bunch of healthy yummies for myself and was able to demolish them guilt-free without any hesitation. What's apple butter like?
Old 09-05-2010, 02:05 AM   #6  
Manifesting

S/C/G: 307/286/170

Height: 5'7"

frozen grapes

frozen banana slices

individually wrapped mini dark chocolates (a few are very satisfying to me)

I wish I liked popcorn.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/173/150

Height: 5'3"

So glad to see this post because I was wondering how to bring up the subject. I have been abstaining because Ive been gaining a lot of weight but I am really unhappy and can't sleep. I just have no control but need to find a balance. I don't think being thin will be worth it if Im a raving lunatic who can't sleep.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:58 AM   #8  

librarian, I dont have any advice but can relate. I've seriously cut back my recreational smoking because i just eat everything in sight, and i find that sheer willpower is just not enough. I find that my anxiety is up though, which is not ideal so i am looking for ideas as well.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #9  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

I just started chewing bubblegum instead of eating actual food when I'm baked. It helps a lot, and I have been smoking throughout my weight loss.
I always have like 4 different flavours of gum. i'm not gonna lie, sometimes I do eat, but I try and limit the damage, like eating dried fruit and nuts, or celery sticks with almond butter, and ALWAYS put it on a plate before I eat it, NEVER straight from the bag/package, or then I will eat all of it.
Popcorn is a really good idea too, you can eat so much of it before you've actually eaten like 200 calories worth.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

Ahem, I'm so old that my first thought on seeing your thread title was "oh, this is about eco-foods and sustainability...." But I do remember that popcorn is a great munchie food. Also, I find that greenery and *stretching* go really well together --- a way to feel good physically that is safe and non-fattening! (Um, and you can do it alone : )
Old 09-21-2010, 06:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by guynna View Post
Ahem, I'm so old that my first thought on seeing your thread title was "oh, this is about eco-foods and sustainability...." But I do remember that popcorn is a great munchie food. Also, I find that greenery and *stretching* go really well together --- a way to feel good physically that is safe and non-fattening! (Um, and you can do it alone : )
HAHAHA that's what I thought it was talking about, too! I was so excited! Now I feel old and I'm only 22.

Anyways, OP I don't partake in those activities... but good luck! Hopefully you can figure something out or decide which is more important.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:06 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by guynna View Post
Also, I find that greenery and *stretching* go really well together --- a way to feel good physically that is safe and non-fattening! (Um, and you can do it alone : )

is this some kind of sexual metaphor.. idk! now i'm the one that feels really old.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:13 PM   #13  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

Ugh, I retract my "I've been doing great" statement from earlier; I've been eating bowls upon bowls of cereal this week in munchie attacks, and gained pounds. Seriously.

We need to stick to the healthy stuff, because honestly there is no gauging how much of the horrible stuff goes into our mouths until it's too late. It's too late for me right now, and I have to start over. FML.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/206/150

Height: 5'6''

haha great thread, i'm not sure if you get rainbow drops where your from? they're like little colourful rice crispies and they're pretty low fat but because they're so colourful you get fooled into thinking they're bad for you, also low calorie ice lollys are a godsend for smoking (the coolness helps your throat if you've smoked a bit too much lol!)
Old 10-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #15  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

The last time I smoked I ate 2 takeout containers' worth of Chinese food so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I find that boiled bok choy is really really satisfying. It takes a long time to chew, a short time to boil (only a couple minutes, or until the stem turns green), and feels like a lot more than it really is.
Closed Thread