Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 10:00 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,
Well, I'm a little bummed. My worry this morning about WI came to pass and I only lost .6 lbs from last WI. So I'm going through my head is there anything I'm doing differently, or is it just my body catching up? My coach can't quite figure it out either. We do think it's mainly water retention because I've been drinking all my water, but not going to the bathroom as much as I was the first week (when I lost 9 lbs). Also my one ankle, the one that always swells more when I'm retaining water, was .5 inches more this week.
I was reading Carla's comments about how little things can throw some people out of ketosis and wonder if that's what's happened to me. I have been drinking a little more coffee than the first week, so I think I'm going to cut that out altogether. The only other things that I'm not perfect about is getting all my veggies in at lunch - maybe one 1 cup instead of 2 - and I sometimes go 4-5 hours without eating at work because I'm busy with clients.
If anyone has any ideas (or encouragement) I'd love to hear. Thanks!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #62  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Try a little grated zucchini or a tablespoon or so of chicken or leek soup (you know, the one that's been sitting around since week one because you couldn't stomach it.)
Linden, you can see right through the computer to my little IP pantry!
The soups sounded good, but I'm not a fan. I have seen a recipe (on a IP facebook page) called all-day chicken soup, or something like that, where you use one soup packet with some broth and a bunch of vegetables and turn it into a soup you can have all-day long. When the weather cools down, I'm might try it, but the soups made as recommended? Ick.

I'll look through the recipe threads and if it is not already there, I'll post it.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:16 PM   #63  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

I'm happy to see all the new faces. Haven't been around since 9/6. Any of the oldie but goodie's around? Hopeful Tricia can't wait to hear how your trip went. Mine was great. Gained 7 lbs. and finding it hard to get back on track after Phase 3 and cheats. Need some motivation. Best wishes to all!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:29 PM   #64  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post
Linden, you can see right through the computer to my little IP pantry!
The soups sounded good, but I'm not a fan. I have seen a recipe (on a IP facebook page) called all-day chicken soup, or something like that, where you use one soup packet with some broth and a bunch of vegetables and turn it into a soup you can have all-day long. When the weather cools down, I'm might try it, but the soups made as recommended? Ick.

I'll look through the recipe threads and if it is not already there, I'll post it.
I just saw it and it looks wonderful! In fact, I copied it to my special IP recipes file. Thanks a lot.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:20 PM   #65  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Kudos to my DH's NSV

He is moving into Phase 3 tomorrow! Yea for him. He is a little nervous, but he spent 5 weeks on Phase 2 trying to get his fat %s down so he is so ready to move to the next step.

I am really proud of him. I drug him along with me to the initial consult with our coach, and he decided to follow the plan in support of me. Now with nearly 60 lbs lost in 12 weeks my DH is eatting veggies and excited to eat fruit, both of which he was never much of a fan. Yipppeeee!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:24 PM   #66  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Well....I came home today to find a letter taped to my door. I am getting kicked out of the house I have rented for the last 7 years. My landlord is selling the place. I have 30 days. Ugh. Thanks a lot. 7 years and I get 30 days. JERK!

On the upside....I have slunk under 215...can't even remember when I weighed this LITTLE....maybe 7 years ago when I MOVED IN!?!?!?! Anywho...NSV- I am out of belt notches. Might need to see if I can unearth old belts that will fit.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #67  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Well....I came home today to find a letter taped to my door. I am getting kicked out of the house I have rented for the last 7 years. My landlord is selling the place. I have 30 days. Ugh. Thanks a lot. 7 years and I get 30 days. JERK!

On the upside....I have slunk under 215...can't even remember when I weighed this LITTLE....maybe 7 years ago when I MOVED IN!?!?!?! Anywho...NSV- I am out of belt notches. Might need to see if I can unearth old belts that will fit.
I am sorry to hear this news about getting kicked out of your house!!

I can only hope that this bad news affords you the opportunity to find a place that you will love and be happy in!!

You're doing so well with IP - good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tminus80 View Post
He is moving into Phase 3 tomorrow! Yea for him. He is a little nervous, but he spent 5 weeks on Phase 2 trying to get his fat %s down so he is so ready to move to the next step.

I am really proud of him. I drug him along with me to the initial consult with our coach, and he decided to follow the plan in support of me. Now with nearly 60 lbs lost in 12 weeks my DH is eatting veggies and excited to eat fruit, both of which he was never much of a fan. Yipppeeee!
CONGRATULATIONS to BOTH of you!!! Well done!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:04 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Thumbs up Thank-you!

Hi everyone. I've been off line a few days and took like 4 days off of IP. I felt awful, eating those foods was just not the same and felt like the definition of insane. I'm working more on addressing my food addiction and paying closer attention to my thought patterns. I've had two solid good days back on IP and I'm feeling much better.

I read through the thread, it's good to here how all of you are doing.

Svelting I hope you'll still be a regular on here, I enjoy your comments so much. Thanks for all you've done, your so dedicated! A friend of mine posted this on her Facebook, I feel it is very fitting to share for you and for the two woman who've come forward to continue the work.

‎"I do not know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." Albert Schweitzer

Truly all of us are doing service to others by being here and sharing with and encouraging each other!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:50 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

I'm Svelting....best of luck to you on your weightloss journey. Please don't be a stranger. Your stepping in and helping organize the forum when it started to get 'unruly' was amazing.

Carla: There will be no better coach than you -- your clients are so lucky to have you. You are already basically coaching all of us, you might as well be an official one!

Linden: How long will you be in Europe for? So, does this mean you'll still post? Hope so.

I am moving to phase 3 on Friday, and am really excited. I probably could have moved this week, but some 4 a.m. mornings for work talked me out of it....I wasn't sure how I would get the breakfasts in that early! I'm already going to have to wake up early just to eat all that.

Its kind of fun to see all the new people on the board, welcome! My best advice is to read, read, read the forum. The reason I got so addicted to it is because I kept feeling as if so many people were posting great things, that I didn't want to miss any tips that would help me! The old posts are a great resource, too.

JC
Old 10-13-2010, 01:49 AM   #70  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
[B]I

Linden: How long will you be in Europe for? So, does this mean you'll still post? Hope so.
I'm hoping to get a residence visa, so I can stay longer than 3 months and come and go without a problem. I know I'll be back on the east coast for my father's 100th birthday. He and my son and his family, in Berlin, are my entire immediate family and I want to see my granddaughter grow up. She's two.

If my fingers don't freeze, I'll continue to post. I need the advice as much as anyone and I'm hoping to find some sensible way to restart IP Phase 1 once I get settled, through a German Christmas (with real candles on the tree) and New Year's in Venice. If I can only get two animals there, alive.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:51 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
Hi everyone. I've been off line a few days and took like 4 days off of IP. I felt awful, eating those foods was just not the same and felt like the definition of insane. I'm working more on addressing my food addiction and paying closer attention to my thought patterns. I've had two solid good days back on IP and I'm feeling much better.

Svelting I hope you'll still be a regular on here, I enjoy your comments so much. Thanks for all you've done, your so dedicated! A friend of mine posted this on her Facebook, I feel it is very fitting to share for you and for the two woman who've come forward to continue the work.

‎"I do not know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." Albert Schweitzer

Truly all of us are doing service to others by being here and sharing with and encouraging each other!
Hi MotherDuck! Glad you are back with us, and also that you are back on track. I pray you will continue to find the courage to continue to discover who you are with less weight--and who God created you to be.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:58 AM   #72  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:

To be honest, I think both of you are amazing. Really. And so pleasantly up beat.

Quote:

Well, the notches are good, but what rotten luck to be kicked out in November, probably the hardest month in the year to find housing because things don't start to turn over until the end of December. I think you deserve better. Any chance of renting from the buyers until the first of the year?
Old 10-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #73  

The new daily thread is open. This thread will close sometime later today.

We leave this thread open so that you can multi-quote posts from this thread and reply to them in the new thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the new daily chat thread for today.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-13-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:12 AM   #74  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post

Motherduck, that quote has changed my day and my attitude. Sometimes I get so caught up in the politics of my job, I forget what is really important. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2010, 10:47 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
I'm happy to see all the new faces. Haven't been around since 9/6. Any of the oldie but goodie's around? Hopeful Tricia can't wait to hear how your trip went. Mine was great. Gained 7 lbs. and finding it hard to get back on track after Phase 3 and cheats. Need some motivation. Best wishes to all!
ChelleFL Welcome back!!! You will do great..I too found it hard to get back on track after our trip to Germany...but have lost 13lbs in the last 6 wks...You can it !!!!

Quote:

Tminus80Congrats to your DH....you both have done amazing..it must be so nice to have your spouse along on this amazing journey

Quote:

wyoangel What bad timing...but remember when 1 door closes another better 1 opens....Congrats on "shrinking" out of your belt!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I'm hoping to get a residence visa, so I can stay longer than 3 months and come and go without a problem. I know I'll be back on the east coast for my father's 100th birthday. He and my son and his family, in Berlin, are my entire immediate family and I want to see my granddaughter grow up. She's two.

If my fingers don't freeze, I'll continue to post. I need the advice as much as anyone and I'm hoping to find some sensible way to restart IP Phase 1 once I get settled, through a German Christmas (with real candles on the tree) and New Year's in Venice. If I can only get two animals there, alive.
Linden Christmas in Germany!!! I love that country, it is so pretty and the people are super nice...it will be so much fun to be near your granddaughter (they grow way too fast)

Last edited by Journeysend; 10-13-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Closed Thread