Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 06:47 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Tues. 12 Oct 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Yesterday's thread

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Have a terrific day!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-12-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Happy Tuesday to everyone! I need to refocus myself. I went off plan a couple of times over the last few days. I know what I have to do, now I just need to do it.
I rode my bike this morning and hope to go for a walk at lunch.
Smiles,
tle1103
Old 10-12-2010, 07:28 AM   #3  

Question Daily threads, and first post

I'm moving to phase 2 this week, maybe even today. Within a month I will likely be posting to my progress thread, another forum/thread on 3FC, and my blog, as irregular as that has been.

A couple of things to think about:
  • Does it make sense to continue posting the list of helpful links in the first post of the daily thread?
  • If yes, who -- or what group of whos -- would like to take it on?

I've set up my PC so that I can do the morning tasks (start new thread and post link in yesterday thread) in less than 2 minutes. If desired and requested, I'd be happy to assist whoever would like to take it on with some tutorials (We could do a web-based tutorial and a conference, Skype maybe?)

Also, I've been doing come version of links in the first post since August 21 (or so). I forgot that I originally suggested doing it as a 1-week trial and I've never checked in about how it's working. Oops. I'd be interested in hearing whether it makes sense to continue for the next month. Your thoughts?

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-12-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Question? I mistakingly went off of plan a couple of nights ago and ate about 1 cup of red beans as my veg. I haven't been eating all 3 packets per day as if I'm not hungry in the evening I don't eat it. It's week 6 for me and I've noticed I don't have the bad taste in my mouth some mornings. So this morning (even though I had the taste) I tested for ketosis and only came out with trace/mild. How much carbs per day will kick you out of ketosis. I've only tested once in week 3/4 and got a strong on my strip as I haven't tested often. Since I'm loosing the weight I figured I was in it. I'm confused???
Old 10-12-2010, 08:21 AM   #5  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
I'm moving to phase 2 this week, maybe even today. Within a month I will likely be posting to my progress thread, another forum/thread on 3FC, and my blog, as irregular as that has been.

A couple of things to think about:
  • Does it make sense to continue posting the list of helpful links in the first post of the daily thread?
  • If yes, who -- or what group of whos -- would like to take it on?

I've set up my PC so that I can do the morning tasks (start new thread and post link in yesterday thread) in less than 2 minutes. If desired and requested, I'd be happy to assist whoever would like to take it on with some tutorials (We could do a web-based tutorial and a conference, Skype maybe?)

Also, I've been doing come version of links in the first post since August 21 (or so). I forgot that I originally suggested doing it as a 1-week trial and I've never checked in about how it's working. Oops. I'd be interested in hearing whether it makes sense to continue for the next month. Your thoughts?
Congrats on moving to phase 2. I think the links at the top of the daily thread are very helpful...especially for newbies (and every day there are more newbies). You have a done a fabulous job.

I know I don't post as often as some, but I live on my computer (IT manager by day) and rise early. I can take on the starting of the new thread if no one else wants the task.

Congrats again on phase 2, you have done a fabulous job cleaning up this forum and getting it more organized.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #6  
started IP 9.1.10

S/C/G: 197/175.8/120

Height: 5.4

Default thanks I'm svelting! and EatAnts

Thank you I'm svelting! for keeping this going and thank you EatAnts for volunteering.

I love checking in to the 'daily's' when I can but I don't have a consistent time when I can log in.

Your efforts are appreciated!
Judy
Old 10-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #7  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

I'm back from vacation and excited to get back on plan. I basically just low carbed since Friday with a few IP packets PLUS beer, and I'm where I was before I left weight-wise so I'm thrilled.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 219.9/168.7/169.0

Height: 5'9"

Happy Tuesday everyone.. I did an at home WI this morn and I've lost.. my official WI isn't til tomorrow but I made it thru my first major holiday weekend and came out on the lesser side.. HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE.. lol.. that for me is a huge victory as I had a wedding and 2 family dinners to attend..

congrats on phase 2 I'm Svelting and thank you EatAnts for offering to keep this going as I find it to be an amazing strength to draw from...

have a great day everyone!!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

First of all, congrats to I'm svelting for phase 2! Thanks for the great job of managing this thread for us. I'm not very techy, otherwise I'd take it on since I'm bound to be here for a while yet!

On another note, I'm a little worried about WI this afternoon. I WI at home almost everyday and before the weekend I hit 215, which I was really happy about because my goal is 213 for this week. Anyway, I got on the scale this morning at I'm back to almost 218.
I don't get it, I have not cheated at all and have drank all my water (then some). The only thing I'm not good at is that at work I go 4-5 hours between eating something when I have back to back appointments. But this weekend I tried to be really good about that too.
Thankfully I'm not as freaked as I would have been because of belonging to this group. I know the body can do weird things. I'm sure I've lost more inches because I went through my closet yesterday and got rid of a bunch of stuff and am fitting (snuggly) into two good work suits that I haven't been able to wear for over 10 years. I am hoping this is just that 3rd week stall that some of you have talked about. Either that or the batteries in my scale are going and I've really lost 10 lbs!
Have a wonderful IP day everyone!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #10  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! Congratulations to I'm Svelting on moving to phase 2 and everyone else for their accomplishments!

Today I feel so sluggish and swollen. Scale at home hasn't moved in a few days. I'm getting frustrated. I know it will move, but.......I want it to move now! I've been sticking to the program and even being very active with outside winter preparation to the yard and house. I still walk around 2 miles a day. I think this is week six for week on ip.

Going to try and up my water intake and see if that helps. Has anyone else had this slump in weight loss at this point into the plan? I have this fear that my body is trying to hold on to its fat. HELP!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone!!

Congrats to I'mSvelting for moving on through the Phases!! You have done a great job of starting each daily chat thread. Thank you EatAnts for volunteering to take on the task. I think the format of the opening post is important for all of us

Had a great Thanksgiving weekend, never went off protocol, but don't think I lost very much...just one of those weeks where my body is trying to catch up, I guess!!! My WI is at noon, so will see then.

Hope everyone has a great day, those on the 20lbs by Hallowe'en Challenge don't forget to post your weights for this week, Nitenic will be doing the updating this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
I'm back from vacation and excited to get back on plan. I basically just low carbed since Friday with a few IP packets PLUS beer, and I'm where I was before I left weight-wise so I'm thrilled.
amylew great job on coming back from vacation and being at the same weight!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenley View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone.. I did an at home WI this morn and I've lost.. my official WI isn't til tomorrow but I made it thru my first major holiday weekend and came out on the lesser side.. HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE.. lol.. that for me is a huge victory as I had a wedding and 2 family dinners to attend..

congrats on phase 2 I'm Svelting and thank you EatAnts for offering to keep this going as I find it to be an amazing strength to draw from...

have a great day everyone!!
BrenleyCongrats for making it through a very busy busy weekend, IP works, doesn't it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning everyone!

First of all, congrats to I'm svelting for phase 2! Thanks for the great job of managing this thread for us. I'm not very techy, otherwise I'd take it on since I'm bound to be here for a while yet!

On another note, I'm a little worried about WI this afternoon. I WI at home almost everyday and before the weekend I hit 215, which I was really happy about because my goal is 213 for this week. Anyway, I got on the scale this morning at I'm back to almost 218.
I don't get it, I have not cheated at all and have drank all my water (then some). The only thing I'm not good at is that at work I go 4-5 hours between eating something when I have back to back appointments. But this weekend I tried to be really good about that too.
Thankfully I'm not as freaked as I would have been because of belonging to this group. I know the body can do weird things. I'm sure I've lost more inches because I went through my closet yesterday and got rid of a bunch of stuff and am fitting (snuggly) into two good work suits that I haven't been able to wear for over 10 years. I am hoping this is just that 3rd week stall that some of you have talked about. Either that or the batteries in my scale are going and I've really lost 10 lbs!
Have a wonderful IP day everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Good morning! Congratulations to I'm Svelting on moving to phase 2 and everyone else for their accomplishments!

Today I feel so sluggish and swollen. Scale at home hasn't moved in a few days. I'm getting frustrated. I know it will move, but.......I want it to move now! I've been sticking to the program and even being very active with outside winter preparation to the yard and house. I still walk around 2 miles a day. I think this is week six for week on ip.

Going to try and up my water intake and see if that helps. Has anyone else had this slump in weight loss at this point into the plan? I have this fear that my body is trying to hold on to its fat. HELP!
Kaarin & Iowahawkeyemom Hang in there, sometimes the body just has to say "whoa" for a day or 2, then the lbs start dropping off again, I think this was my "whoa" week
Old 10-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAShutterbug View Post
Question? I mistakingly went off of plan a couple of nights ago and ate about 1 cup of red beans as my veg. I haven't been eating all 3 packets per day as if I'm not hungry in the evening I don't eat it. It's week 6 for me and I've noticed I don't have the bad taste in my mouth some mornings. So this morning (even though I had the taste) I tested for ketosis and only came out with trace/mild. How much carbs per day will kick you out of ketosis. I've only tested once in week 3/4 and got a strong on my strip as I haven't tested often. Since I'm loosing the weight I figured I was in it. I'm confused???
You need to eat your three packets every day, even if you're not hungry. You need the protein and supposedly it helps keep you in ketosis overnight. If you research ketosis online, you'll find that one loses more weight when the ketostrips show trace to mild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebs grandma View Post
I know it's late in the day, so I may have to repost ... but I searched the recipe thread for crepe recipes to no avail. My first experiment with the crepes was not good ... don't want to waste the box as my clinic does not allow returns ... so please, any crepe recipes out there?
I used the crepe packets to make pancakes. It never worked out to make just one large crepe. I made about 4 pancakes from each packet. Preheat the pan just as you would for regular pancakes. Spray the pan with PAM or use one of your oils if you want to keep the pancakes from sticking. When bubbles start to form on top of the pancake, it's time to turn it over and cook for another minute or two. Serve with Walden Farms pancake syrup.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Showgirlaz You will be an amazing coach!! Whoever comes to your clinic will be so lucky to have you. Carla, could you be my on-line coach when we get to AZ for the winter??? Pretty please

Last edited by Journeysend; 10-12-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #14  

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Height: 5'5"

I've been so busy with "quilty" events, that I haven't been able to post for a while. After last week's snafu (sp?), I'm on track and losing again. I judged the quilt show and vended at the Salem Apple Butter Festival this past weekend and only had size 20 jeans in the closet. I had to wear a belt and they were so baggy on me! So on my way home Saturday, I stopped at Fashion Bug and tried on some smaller sizes. Imagine my excitement when the size 16s fit very well - no holding my breath to zip and button, no muffin top!! I bought two pair of jeans and 2 pair of dress pants for work - all 16s!! They also had a sale on sweaters, so I tried on two - both size L, not XL, or 2X or 3X - just Large and they fit so well! I'm actually wearing some of my new stuff today and don't I feel great!!

I have WI tonight - my scales said 192 this morning, so I know that I've lost. Last week was just a bummer, but then TOM showed up and added to the fun. But I lived through it, and am stronger for it!

By the way, I had a C-section with my first child, 15 years ago. The scar along the bikini line is irritated and red - I've been using Palmer's stretch mark lotion on my stomach and hips to try and reduce the marks. Is it possible that this is the culprit or has anyone else noticed trouble with skin irritations? I've never had the scar this sore before - I put Vit E oil on it last night and this morning, but it has me a little worried.

Wish me luck for tonight and have a great day, everyone!

Barbara Ann
Old 10-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!

Hope all is well.

Congrats I'msvelting on the Phase 2. Very exciting.

Journeysend - Staying on protocol was tough this weekend, but I also managed to make it. Congrats, that was a great accomplishment, specially after preparing all that food.

I was so worried about what was going to happen when I went for my surgery, as I have to have clear fluids for 3 days prior and I thought that I would mess things up permanently, but thanks to you ladies, I see that I can jump back on track and straighten things out.

Curious, how do you test for Ketosis. I am on Day 11, and am successfully losing, but am not sure if I am in this.

I weighed this morning, just for fun and am down to 175. Yesterday, I wore some "fat" pants that I had bought and they were actually baggy. My goal is to be in the 160's by the end of the month.

I am hoping to hit q goal of 150 by Christmas, HOWEVER, I have this pair of pants that my X bought me. They are a pair of leather dress pants, that are very very nice. I have only worn them once, and that was in 2005. My goal is to wear them by his birthday, February 23! I figure it will be a great tribute to myself, that he is missing out on his special birthday, and I will be wearing the pants. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Cheers! Have a great day!

Susan
Closed Thread