Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #1  
Be Healthy...

S/C/G: 288/267/238

Height: 5'5"

Default First Exercise Day....no more excuses!!!

I almost always have a gym membership somewhere. How many times have I been to the gym in the last 2 yrs.....maybe 10. My defense, Oh...I walk on my feet all day at work, I am not sedentary, or am I. No more excuses. If I only walk 10 minutes today down my street, I am doing something. This is a day off. My usual routine of laying in the bed staring at the ceiling must stop. I have slowly modified my eating habits, and of that I am proud. But there is much more modification necessary. I want to be healthy. I don't want to end up with any health problems that I can consciously avoid or slow down the progression. Hopefully I can motivate someone else that has not yet started moving to move, and get you exercise junkies to push me out the door!
fattiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

If you don't like the gym don't force yourself to go- stop wasting the money. I haven't had a gym membership in years and exercise more now without a gym membership! I bought a treadmill and run on it at home, I also do exercise videos and sometimes go bike riding with hubby. Heck we even go now and then to the swapmeet- that's a two hour walk! Sure it's leisurely walking but we are still moving.

I hated driving to the gym and I felt like I wasted half an hour getting there and back- I love working out at home

My nutritionist said even TEN minutes a day is better than nothing. And once you get started you find yourself doing more than ten minutes

Last edited by beerab; 10-12-2010 at 12:21 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #3  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Go get 'em!! Once you start, you'll never regret it. My motto when I feel too tired to workout is "I'm too tired to NOT workout!" For me, the energy boost from a good session is essential for mind & body.

BTW, I don't belong to a gym either. Haven't for years...
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote