South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #1  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Default On Plan Thread - Week of Oct. 11

It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!
This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

Because people from different parts of the plan are posting here, it'll help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!
While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?
Old 10-11-2010, 09:53 AM   #2  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

This is my second day on phase 1, new to this. I did well yesterday. Today I had spinach quiche cups for breakfast, and a small handful of cashews.

I also had coffee and plenty of water.

I am feeling a snack attack, I will resist it because I mean for this to be a true lifestyle change and I don'r need to be snacking in the late morning.

I am not sure what is for lunch, I'll probably do a turkey and swiss roll up and perhaps some avocado, yum.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:53 AM   #3  
beachin'

DS has a dentist appt. this morning, so we're running crazy trying to get all of us out the door on time. I so wish I had gotten a sitter for DS2.

-
1: greek yogurt, blueberries
2: big salad (3 + cups veggies) topped with salsa and a crumbled black bean burger
workout
4: pumpkin pie smoothie (greek yogurt, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, almond milk, ice)
5: maybe some scrambled eggs with spinach

filled up my ipod with new music last night, so i'm pumped to workout today.
exercise: 60 min. treadmill routine, 30 mins. strength training

Last edited by zeffryn; 10-11-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:57 AM   #4  
beachin'

beloved, on South Beach, you're encouraged to snack mid-morning. I don't normally snack during the morning because I tend to have my breakfast around 8:30 and then lunch between 11:30 and noon. If you're hungry, you should eat, just make sure those snacks are SB friendly. A lot of us snack on cut veggies and hummus, roasted chickpeas and reduced fat mozzarella cheese sticks.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Didn't have a very good plan for eating yesterday, ate way too late in the day. Weekends are always hard for me to stick to a schedule.

b'fast
coffee w/sf creamer

snack
nf plain yogurt w/ splenda and pumpkin pie spice
cucumbers wrapped in ham w/ lf cream cheese

lunch/dinner
bunless burger loaded with veggies
eggplant casserole

snack
white bean turkey chili
Old 10-11-2010, 01:43 PM   #6  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Phase 2

B - blueberry yogurt smoothie - might be with unsweetened soy yogurt. (I have to say, that stuff is weird. I wanted to be a supporter but I don't think I'll buy it again.)
L - um, grilled tofu with sauteed cabbage. (Why do I keep making so much of this? It lasts forever...) Brewed white tea.
S - broccoli and orange pepper strips with hummus
S - tofurkey, cream cheese and roasted red pepper roll ups
D - Soybean and onion curry on a bed of spinach (oh man, sooo filling)
dessert - ??? maybe celery with peanut butter (For some reason that sounds really good.)
Old 10-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #7  
Call me Finki =)

S/C/G: 400/300/155

Height: 5'6"

Day 8 of ph.1

Feeling sooo much better yesterday and today(day 3 & 4 almost did myself and DH in). We have both stayed totally op and are doing so much better having done so.
Last night I made the vegetarian chili with avocado salsa for dinner. Oh it was soooo good, you have all got to try this stuff(in the SBD Cookbook) I did add extra lean ground beef(DH can't live without his meat) and a can of crushed tomatoes, also I used 2 cans of beans because I could'nt see how 3/4 a can would feed 6.
I have a question about the 2c. dairy allowed daily. I have always had a hard time drinking milk, but my DH seems to be loosing and feeling better by getting his in. Has anyone else noticed if they loose better or feel better if they get a little milk in each day?
Old 10-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #8  
beachin'

gelene, you can also use yogurt if you don't like drinking milk. also, i drink almond milk instead of cow's and count that towards my dairy.

emma- yeah, i'm not a fan of soy yogurt either. the aftertaste is funky! i really like coconut milk yogurt, it's SO rich and creamy without a lot of fat.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #9  
SouthBeacher Phase 2

S/C/G: 315/297.6/175

Height: 5'10"

Today is my day 7 of Phase 1...and I am feeling pretty good.

B: 1/4 Ricotta Cheese mixed with 1 egg, 1 packet Splenda, 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice and 1 turkey sausage patty cut up. Top with 1 tsp SF Maple Syrup. Micro for 2 min and you have a homemade Mcgriddle.

L: Salad with 1/2 grilled chicken breast with 2T Newmans Ceasar Salad dressing with cucumbers, roasted chickpeas, 1 cheese stick cut up and a boiled egg.

D: Tonight we are going to have Taco's with ground turkey and while the family uses traditional shells, I will use a lettuce leaf.

Snacks are Hazlenut Decaf Tea with Splenda w/Fiber Packet, Creamer (counting towards dairy).

I have found this easier for me to do this time. I think because I am now working full time so I don't have the temptations at work that I do when I was at home mom. I took my daughter out to eat this weekend, had a burritto and just felt SICK, it was a good thing for me to feel so I remember what the bad stuff is doing to me.

Have a great SB day ladies!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/144/145

B-Chocolate PB oatmeal
L-Almonds, laughing cow, v8 (purchased at a gas station because lunch was in the fridge )
D-SBD meatloaf, creamed spinach, sweet potato, laughing cow
Old 10-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #11  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Phase II

B: V8, 2 boiled eggs
S: RF cheese stick
L: Large salad, black beans
S: Tall skinny hazelnut
D: Amy's Lowfat Black Bean Chili
S: Almond butter
Old 10-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #12  
beachin'

1: blueberry smoothie (blueberries, 1/4 banana, greek yogurt, spinach, almond milk); 2 slices turkey bacon
workout
2: broccoli cheese soup (phase 1 recipe, some variation)
3: rf cheesestick
4: ww tortilla stuffed with lean turkey, tomato, lettuce, hummus, a few kalamata olives, cucumber and sprouts; big salad (basically the same stuff as on the wrap sans turkey and more lettuce)
5: fat free vegan cherry "ice cream" (frozen banana processed in the food processor with a couple cherries)

exercise: 60 minute treadmill, maybe some yoga this evening.

Last edited by zeffryn; 10-12-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #13  

phase 2
b-
smoothie
water/chia seeds
coffee/almond milk
s-
ls v8
cheese
l-
large salad/dressing 2 hb egg whites
water
s-
apple
s-
turkey
potatos
turnip
sm bit of cran sauce
its our thanksgiving dinner today
s-
tea
Old 10-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #14  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usernametaken View Post
L-Almonds, laughing cow, v8 (purchased at a gas station because lunch was in the fridge )
Congrats for finding something at a gas station! I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeffryn View Post
1: blueberry smoothie (blueberries, 1/4 banana, greek yogurt, spinach, almond milk)
I'm going to try this!!

Phase 2: (hmm today looks a lot like yesterday. I ate dinner for lunch and then all the rest of my plans went to heck )

B - coffee with almond milk
walking, yoga
Zeff's blueberry smoothie - eta: no yogurt, so this is for tomorrow. Today: 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese with 147 g (random, but that was the serving size) organic strawberries and cinnamon
L - grilled tofu with cabbage... <sigh>, brewed white tea
S - broccoli and orange pepper slices with spicy hummus
S - tofurkey roll ups with cream cheese and roasted red pepper
D - Eggplant lasagna, big green salad, some other veggie?
dessert - 1/2 a honeycrisp apple and some raw walnuts

Last edited by EmmaD; 10-12-2010 at 03:38 PM. Reason: update
Old 10-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #15  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Phase 1

Hmm, For breakfast, scrambled eggs with cheese and spinach

Snack, cashews (yum)

Lunch, turkey roll ups with swiss and avocado

I'm planning phase 1 moussaka for dinner

Last edited by BelovedK; 10-12-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Closed Thread