Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 09:16 PM   #46  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Thanksgiving to our friends to the North
Old 10-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #47  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Carla, you are going to be an awesome coach. You already are. Lucky folks in AZ!

I really appreciate the words from a couple of you about our bodies healing from the inside. I weigh every morning (only recording on my ticker once a week), but I know it is not about the scale, but about my health. That makes it easier for me to stay on protocol.

My coach measures chest, waist, hips, thigh and biceps. Not shoulders and not calf. interesting. I just now added up my lost inches at week 3 and it was 13.75" in those five places. I'll take it.

I have Journeysend's cabbage roll casserole in the oven. I really love to cook and it is nice to do a bit more than open a packet. Hmm, yummy, I can't wait to eat. It smells delightful.

Haven't seen a post from salesgod in a few days. If you are reading, no worries, but you are missed!

Dinner time!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Height: 5'6"

I know it's late in the day, so I may have to repost ... but I searched the recipe thread for crepe recipes to no avail. My first experiment with the crepes was not good ... don't want to waste the box as my clinic does not allow returns ... so please, any crepe recipes out there?
Old 10-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #49  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I think measuring should be consistent. If it matters to you, discuss it with her and you remember where you want your body measured.

My coach always measured around my bust across the center. Around my wasit at the belly button. Around my abdomen at the top of my hip bones. Around my hips across the pubic bone. Around my thigh 4" down from the groin which was my thickest point. Around my bicep about 4" up from elbow joint. I have a scar on my calf and that was my marker for there. My shoulders were about an inch down from the top. My measurements were kept fairly true that way.
For my arm measurement, my coach has me put basically my right thumb in my left armpit and then, the rest of my hand around my arm and measures at the bottom of my little finger.

For the thigh measurement, I put my hand straight down to the fold of my leg and she measures at the fingertips.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
For my arm measurement, my coach has me put basically my right thumb in my left armpit and then, the rest of my hand around my arm and measures at the bottom of my little finger.

For the thigh measurement, I put my hand straight down to the fold of my leg and she measures at the fingertips.
That's really smart -- you always have measurement markers with you!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:48 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledwithdiamonds View Post
I have a list of approved stuff, and on it is a list approved vegtables as well as a list of vegtables I can have twice per week. The second list has green beans on it.

I was never told no canned vegtables either... makes sense but was not voiced to me. I'm also allowed 1 bar or snack item per day.

I find it intersting the huge difference in "clinics' and who administers IP. Clinic I go to is a family practice clinic but the person who distributes the IP products is in the basement. She has not medical background at all. She is just someone who is also on the diet as far as I can tell. This is day 6 for me...... no phone call from her nothing. At our first appointment/sign up she answered all my questions but spent most of the time talking about HER experience. She is a nice person don't get me wrong but not the medical professional I was expecting. I got 2 bars for my first week I have only used one. I sure didn't get one a day.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #52  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebs grandma View Post
I know it's late in the day, so I may have to repost ... but I searched the recipe thread for crepe recipes to no avail. My first experiment with the crepes was not good ... don't want to waste the box as my clinic does not allow returns ... so please, any crepe recipes out there?
I just posted one yesterday on the recipes 2 sticky. Check the last page. I love making muffins with all flavors of the crepes. Feel free to PM me for any advice.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:34 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Default day 6

Hello all tomorrow is my first official WI. Wish me luck. I am however tracking my own WI's at home. I just feel that there are too many variables at the clinic, the scale is on the carpet (mine is on tile), I will have been eating and drinking for 7 hours, (at home I weigh first thing in the morning), I don't know if tomorrow's clothes will weigh the same as last Tuesday's clothes (at home I weigh in the buff). etc.

So far my scale says a loss of 3.5 lbs and 3/4" in my waist. Not bad, not great, but not bad! As I see some of these great losses 6+ lbs a week, I look to the left I notice that many of the big losses are to those that have more to lose to reach their goal weight. (I may just be saying that to make myself feel better however. )
Old 10-12-2010, 02:48 AM   #54  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post
Carla, you are going to be an awesome coach. You already are. Lucky folks in AZ!

Haven't seen a post from salesgod in a few days. If you are reading, no worries, but you are missed!

Dinner time!
Thank you!

I wonder if the ferrets and goats coordinated an ambush of dear Dave??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post

I like that! Your coach is really clever!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:41 AM   #55  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
Hello all tomorrow is my first official WI. Wish me luck. I am however tracking my own WI's at home. I just feel that there are too many variables at the clinic, the scale is on the carpet (mine is on tile), I will have been eating and drinking for 7 hours, (at home I weigh first thing in the morning), I don't know if tomorrow's clothes will weigh the same as last Tuesday's clothes (at home I weigh in the buff). etc.

So far my scale says a loss of 3.5 lbs and 3/4" in my waist. Not bad, not great, but not bad! As I see some of these great losses 6+ lbs a week, I look to the left I notice that many of the big losses are to those that have more to lose to reach their goal weight. (I may just be saying that to make myself feel better however. )
You got it in one. Best of everything from her on out.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:45 AM   #56  

Default Tuesday thread open soon

The new daily thread is open. This thread will close sometime later today.

We leave this thread open so that you can multi-quote posts from this thread and reply to them in the new thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the new daily chat thread.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-12-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Closed Thread