Old 10-09-2010, 03:00 PM   #1  
The journey begins...

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default What is IP Diet?

Can anyone explain the Ideal Protein Diet? I've heard success stories but I don't truly knwo what it is. Thanks.
JillyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #2  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyM View Post
Can anyone explain the Ideal Protein Diet? I've heard success stories but I don't truly knwo what it is. Thanks.
I only started 3.5 weeks ago, but basically it is low-fat, low-calorie, low-carb diet. It is absolutely not a ever cheat diet. I would not recommend the diet if you want to have a cheat night ever while you are on the diet. The goal is to put yourself into ketosis and stay there to maximize the fat burn. Here is a typical day:

1. Breakfast....ideal protein packet (shake, omlette, etc...powder mixed with water)

2. Lunch... 2 cups of veggies, lettuce with zero calorie dressing (2 cups lettuce), and another ideal protein packet.

3. Dinner....2 cups of veggies, lettuce with zero calorie dressing, and 5 oz protein (lean meat) or 7 oz fish or shellfish

4. before bed snack....a packet

You really are not that hungry and there are not alot of cravings once the sugar is out of your system.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #3  
The journey begins...

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I only started 3.5 weeks ago, but basically it is low-fat, low-calorie, low-carb diet. It is absolutely not a ever cheat diet. I would not recommend the diet if you want to have a cheat night ever while you are on the diet. The goal is to put yourself into ketosis and stay there to maximize the fat burn. Here is a typical day:

1. Breakfast....ideal protein packet (shake, omlette, etc...powder mixed with water)

2. Lunch... 2 cups of veggies, lettuce with zero calorie dressing (2 cups lettuce), and another ideal protein packet.

3. Dinner....2 cups of veggies, lettuce with zero calorie dressing, and 5 oz protein (lean meat) or 7 oz fish or shellfish

4. before bed snack....a packet

You really are not that hungry and there are not alot of cravings once the sugar is out of your system.

So I would have to purchase packets in order to do this diet? Where can I learn about the packets and the diet? I went to an Ideal Protein website and it was not informative. Where do you purchase the packets?

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi JillyM

Ideal Protein is an Eating Program designed to help lose weight by a Dr. Tran in France. It has been used in Europe for over 25 yrs, in Canada for over 7 yrs and the US for 3 or 4yrs. It is designed in 4 phases or steps to help you reset your pancreas and get your body healthy again. The 1st Phase is very structured to help get your excess weight off at a fairly rapid rate. The other 3 phases introduces food back in slowly.
I love IP and have lost 54 lbs and 46 inches since April. If you want more info about it please read the stickes on our forum..the one titled Tips for newbies is a great one also the FAQ is good.
To join you must go through an IP clinic..in the US those are through a Dr. or Chiropractor. I see you are from the New York area...there is probably someone on this forum from there. You can go to the Ideal Protein website and look for clinic locater also.
The very 1st post on the daily --weekend thread has links to Dr Tran`s site and his free book you can download to read.
Hope this helps
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #5  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

What area of NY are you from? There are several clinics in my area....I am upstate. The food cost about 85 a week. I have lost 19.6 in 3.5 weeks. Looking to lose 70 total.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #6  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Journeysend and Darbs7 have said it all...if you are ready to lose weight you WILL lose with this plan....I tried to resist joining but could not deny the success that people have had doing this plan. Run, don't walk, to a clinic and NEVER look back. Then join us here!!!!!

Marilyn
pumpkyparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post

You really are not that hungry and there are not a lot of cravings once the sugar is out of your system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Hi JillyM

Ideal Protein is an Eating Program designed to help lose weight by a Dr. Tran in France. It has been used in Europe for over 25 yrs, in Canada for over 7 yrs and the US for 3 or 4yrs. It is designed in 4 phases or steps to help you reset your pancreas and get your body healthy again. The 1st Phase is very structured to help get your excess weight off at a fairly rapid rate. The other 3 phases introduces food back in slowly.

To join you must go through an IP clinic..in the US those are through a Dr. or Chiropractor. ...

In addition to the above points I would add that, this diet focuses on utlizing multiple sources of protein. It also focuses on being a moderate level of protein from protein sources that are 97% bioavailable. This means more utilization of the protein taken in.

The program is designed to loose fat, maintain and support healthy lean body mass, protect the kidneys and liver, reduce hyperinsulinemia, reduce cholesterol, reduce blood pressure, reset the pancreas, and improve the appearance of the skin by reduction of cellulite and supporting the skins elasticity.

It is an FDA approved program in the United States.

The program is available from multiple sources in the USA but, more recently, is required to be through medical providers affiliated clinics.

The program has typical losses for women of 2 to 5 pounds a week and, 5 to 7 pound a week for men.

YOU DO NOT exercise on this program. You may do light cardio, yoga, pilates, or strength training but nothing strenuous.

The final phase teaches how to eat in a way that maintains a balanced healthy diet/lifestyle and, maintains weight lost.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 161.2 / 126/ 125

Height: 5' 3"

Default Best weight loss program

Jilly, my husband and I have been on IP together since the end of June. Michael has lost 67 lbs and I have lost about 34. I have gone from a size 18 (which I refused to buy, so I was busting out of the few pairs of 16's I had) to a size 6. My husband has gone from a size 48 pants to a size 35 pants. He was diabetic and on 4 Metformin a day, which was not controlling his blood sugar. He was probably weeks away from having to use insulin. His blood sugar came under control quickly, and he had to get off the Metformin within two weeks. His BS is now totally normal. He was also on Inderal for 26 years for benign familial tremors. He was off that medicine within a few weeks and no longer has the tremors. He had both hips replaced last year and still had constant pain after that. Since going on the IP program, his pain has been reduced from a level 10 to a level 1 (on a scale of 10). There is so much more to this program than just the weight loss. It has totally given us back our lives. The packets cost about $85 per person per week, and then you have to buy the fresh foods to supplement it. The results are priceless though. We have tried other weight loss programs and never been successful. We have learned a healthier way of eating that we can continue for life.
nonnag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:19 AM   #9  
The journey begins...

Thank you everyone for the input. It sounds like a great plan, unfortunately I am not in the position to spend $85 a week on this. We are paycheck to paycheck people right now due to hospital bills, extra expense right now. I wish you all the best of luck and when I am ready I will call on your support again!
Old 10-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyM View Post
Thank you everyone for the input. It sounds like a great plan, unfortunately I am not in the position to spend $85 a week on this. We are paycheck to paycheck people right now due to hospital bills, extra expense right now. I wish you all the best of luck and when I am ready I will call on your support again!
Whether or not you do the Ideal Protein program, you should read Dr Tran's website and Ebook. It has so very valuable information about how to eat so that you can lose weight and improve your health so that the weight loss is more permanent. He really gives a detailed description of what to eat in terms of real food that can help you out right now.

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by showgirlaz; 10-10-2010 at 10:28 AM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote