Old 10-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #1  
started out 6/30/10

Height: 5'2"

Default Back after a hiatus...

Hi everyone!

Just stopping in to say hello. I haven't been on since August. Since August, I moved 1,000 miles from home, started a new job, started teaching, started my PhD, and had an ovary taken out. And my mother-in-law has been staying with us for the past 6 weeks and has filled my home with junk food. Despite all of that upheaval, I have only gained two pounds and am feeling great.

Tonight I got back on the treadmill and decided to start off with Couch to 5k. In August I was on week 6 of c25k. Tonight I started off at week four and got through the whole thing with no problems.

Through all of this change my eating habits went a bit south but not at all close to what they once were. Still being very careful about what I eat and am looking forward to really embracing a healthy diet again. My mother-in-law has returned home and we dumped all the junk food, so that helps!

So excited to be back in business!!!
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:55 AM   #2  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

I have to say congratulations to you for staying strong through all of that! I've been in a tailspin and gaining more than that because someone didn't notice my weight loss, and here you are going through REAL actual stress and you did beautifully! Definitely pat yourself on the back, and welcome back! I think this is definitely a post that I needed to read to put my own petty crap into perspective.
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #3  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

wow! awesome job on keeping the weight off with all that going on! I went through a job change and it derailed me some pounds that I'm working on now. Welcome back and you really should feel good about that.

dudesmom, my family doesn't really say anything to me even after all the pounds lost. there are so many issues everybody deals with around eating, and body image, and just plain not wanting to say the wrong thing and upset or insult someone, I think most people find it easier just NOT saying anything.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #4  
started out 6/30/10

Height: 5'2"

Thank you! I'm glad to be back. I'm one of those people who just fall apart when I'm under any sort of stress and the FIRST thing to get off-track when I start anything new is my diet and exercise, and then I usually don't pick it up again. I really tried to keep that in mind during the past couple of months and it has really helped.
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote