Old 06-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/139(?)

Height: 5'6"

Default Exercise-how much is too much???

I just began this program and was wondering if you could throw your body into starvation mode if you worked out too much. In the past, I have always tried lower calorie+more exercise. I am still able to do many of my activites (kickboxing, spinning, running), but do not want to sabatoge myself by working out too much. I am currently on day 2 and in what my sheet calls "clensing" (?) Thanks!
meg22alyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #2  

I work out pretty hard for at least 1 hour, 6 days a week. They put me on a specific plan because of this (meta-balance, I think requires 200 minutes of exercise a week?). I think more people are on the meta-slim plan (which it seems like you actually have to stop working out to make that plan work). I'm a few weeks into the plan, and still losing.
mouse120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse120 View Post
I work out pretty hard for at least 1 hour, 6 days a week. They put me on a specific plan because of this (meta-balance, I think requires 200 minutes of exercise a week?). I think more people are on the meta-slim plan (which it seems like you actually have to stop working out to make that plan work). I'm a few weeks into the plan, and still losing.
Hi there,
What, on average, are you losing per week? I love working out and have a very expensive plan with a trainer going to waste b/c I tend not to lose on the weeks I work out with him. I'm on meta-slim and I REALLY don't want to be soft and mushy underneath all this weight! hahha!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #4  

I'm not sure exactly...I started June 2 on preconditioning, yesterday (June 29) I had lost a total of 9.5. I'm not in this thing to lose it fast...I only want to lose 28 total, so I don't really care about loss per week. But I am losing weight even though I'm working out.

I was 29.5 pounds of muscle on my first big weigh-in, so I know what you mean about not wanting to stay away from the gym! I'm curious to see if that number has changed at all.

You might want to talk to your center about meta-balance? I think the idea of this one is that I eat less protein than most other people because of the workouts.
mouse120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:51 AM   #5  
Shawna

S/C/G: 157.5/143/125

Height: 5' 3"

Oh man! I work our more than 200 minutes a week and have been VERY slow in my weight loss...maybe its because Im on metaslim and working out too much? What is the difference between metabalance and metaslim?
sgustin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:47 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgustin8 View Post
Oh man! I work our more than 200 minutes a week and have been VERY slow in my weight loss...maybe its because Im on metaslim and working out too much? What is the difference between metabalance and metaslim?
Metabalance spreads the food out a bit more throughout the day and adds a fruit and 2 dairys. So, you only have 3oz meat at meals, but add a dairy to breakfast and evening snack. 3 HNS max, but between meals and with a very small starch.

I was completely stalled at 172-174. I went in Tuesday and said, "This is for the birds!" because I was staying on on plan, but exercising 6-8 hours/week. They switched me to metabalance and I have dropped to 169 in 4 days! Obviously, that was the problem.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 210.5/160/130

Height: 5'3"

can someone breakdown the menu for me. i think i need to switch to this, i am losing soooo slow now. before i would lose atleast 2lbs a week. once i got to the 150s it has slowed, but i exercise atleast 6hours a week. maybe this is my problem.
skinnyby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #8  

Breakfast - protein (3oz meat or 1oz ch or 1 egg), starch, dairy (lf plain yogurt, skim milk, soy)
Snack - HNS + fruit
Lunch - protein (same as above), fruit, 6oz/3oz veggies
Snack - HNS + starch (approved list)
Dinner - protein, starch, veggie
Snack - HNS + dairy

You can replace 1 snack per day with a meal bar, but you have to skip your starch or fruit for the meal closest to it. No meal replacement shakes.

Seriously, I lost 4lbs in 4 days when I switched, but now, I'm paranoid that I can't even stop exercising! (That's a good thing.).
Best,

Last edited by hatethesweatpants; 09-03-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
Breakfast - protein (3oz meat or 1oz ch or 1 egg), starch, dairy (lf plain yogurt, skim milk, soy)
Snack - HNS + fruit
Lunch - protein (same as above), fruit, 6oz/3oz veggies
Snack - HNS + starch (approved list)
Dinner - protein, starch, veggie
Snack - HNS + dairy

You can replace 1 snack per day with a meal bar, but you have to skip your starch or fruit for the meal closest to it. No meal replacement shakes.

Seriously, I lost 4lbs in 4 days when I switched, but now, I'm paranoid that I can't even stop exercising! (That's a good thing.).
Best,
Your progress is amazing! 222-164, you're my hero! How long have you been working on this new life style?
obiwaunkanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:03 AM   #10  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

When I began, I just started to work slowly into some walking, shooting for about 1.5 miles 4-5 times a week, then eventually worked my way to about 4 miles 5-6 times a week. I lost at a really nice pace throughout (I began on the beige menu and then to the green menu), so between "Aug 09 to Feb 10, a loss of about 70 lbs". I have since taken a long break, but am back in the game as of now. I believe that due to my walking, although my weight reflected that I still had quite a ways to go, I was wearing size 12 gap jeans and people thought I was at my goal. (NOT!). But anyway, it is simply a choice, so it may slow down your loss, but what are you seeing in inches lost. That really is the bottom line, I believe.

You just have to look at yourself as one big experiment. You try this, try that, keep a note of what you see working, and make your own way.

Last edited by Joy2MeNu; 10-08-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwaunkanoe View Post
Your progress is amazing! 222-164, you're my hero! How long have you been working on this new life style?
6 months. For the first 4 months, I only worked out sporadically and was on the regular menu - it worked great. As soon as I was down about 40 lbs, I began having so much energy that I took up karate, went back to my personal trainer, started doing zumba, and hiking 1-2x/week. My weight loss completely stalled. I switched to Metabalance, which is working great for me now.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Good to know about working out. I work out 3-4 times a week for an hour. My loss has been great...14 pounds in a month...but good to know that if it slows, exercise may be to blame (crazy huh?). Good discussion!
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 182/163/149

Height: 5'5

I haven't exercised at all since joining at the end of August. Still losing weight. So paranoid that I'll kill myself in the gym for nothing or worse, gain weight from too much muscle. I know that inches lost are important, but i'm focused on the number on the scale. I love the elliptical and usually burn about 600 calories on it. Am going to the gym today and aiming for 4 days a week. If my loss slows I'll try the Metabalance. Thanks for the info.
bbygrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote