Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 03:00 PM   #1  

Default LA Weightloss #64

Just wanted to start a new thread and say Welcome to Kim!
Old 03-13-2003, 05:33 PM   #2  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

My treadmill came and then went There was a defect..and for what we spent on it..I declined the delivery and I am getting a new one...on Sunday.

Hope that is not an omen..LOL :0

Kim...I am really suprized they told you to slow down on the excersize...I mean I understand that muscle weighs more than fat....but still. I dunno what to tell ya. I love the LA LITES too...but as far as the dessert goes..I am pretty sure that is not in the plan...and they would probably recommend looking in the cook book for dessert ideas..
Old 03-14-2003, 08:16 AM   #3  

Kimbo-
I just bought 2 boxes of balance bars...I am using one of those a day and one LA shake a day. I LOVE the balance bars...especially the caramel nut blast. They taste just like snickers!

I ran in circles from 10am until 5pm yesterday...and then I had class for 3 hours. By the time I got home I was exhauseted. Today I have a meeting at 10 and then I am off to weigh in. I hope that I am down a bit from Wednesday. We will see!

I have been exercising at least once a day, sometimes twice, so I hope it is helping. Now...if I can only keep up the good work!!!
Old 03-14-2003, 08:59 AM   #4  

Good morning Ladies!

Hi Jibbelle--I went out looking for those balance bars yesterday after work. I couldn't find that flavor anywhere. I went to GNC and checked 2 grocery stores. Maybe that kind is not in my area. I will continue to check. Are you doing weight training? I was told to only do cardio, it's been hard not doing some type of weight training but I really want to lose the weight. By the way, how was weigh-in?

Monkeybabies-I don't understand about the working out myself but I must do something. I had even considered working out twice a day 3 times a week. I'll see what happens tomorrow at weigh-in. I've been very good this week so we'll see. Hopefully, I'll get a good weigh-in.

I am Tab-Thanks for the welcome, l've been lossing weight I feel like all my life, I hope this will be the last time. I'm glad to be a part of a good support group.

Anyway, I worked out this morning, it was refreshing. I perfer to workout in the AM, I feel like I'm starting my day off to a good start. The good thing about doing afternoon, my 2 girlfriends whom I've worked-out with for years, we are an inspiration to each other. Oh well, I guess I better get some work done. I'll check back in later on this afternoon.

You girls have a great day!
Old 03-14-2003, 09:21 AM   #5  

Kimbo-
If you want to do weight training do it!! You will not lose weight as fast, because muscle weighs more than fat...but who cares? You will be leaner and toned!! LA is a high protein diet so it is PERFECT for building muscle and losing fat!

I do "Walk Away the Pounds" video tapes with 2 lb weights....2 mile walk per day. My fiance and I recently started biking (weather permitting). We are trying to build up to a 6 mile bike around the lake by our house. Another month and we will be there!

I bought a case of the caramel nut crunch balace bars off ebay for $5.50 plus $5 shipping. So $11.50 for 15 bars. Cheaper than LA Lites!
Old 03-14-2003, 01:37 PM   #6  

Definately cheaper than LAWL. I'm going to check out ebay, especially since I have an account with them. You can get any and everything from ebay!

Thanks for the encouragement Marcie, I know I have to weigh in tomorrow so I'm feeling the stress. I went and worked out again. This morning I did 50 minutes of cardio and 100 sit-ups. This afternoon I did 40 minutes of cardio. I really feel good after exercising, I've worked out for the last 6/7 years straight inspite of being overweight. I've never felt intimidate by the smaller/fit chicks, I know I can hang just like they can, I've been overweight because I've chose not to do something about it.

I'm going to weigh in at 7AM and then come to the gym tomorrow. I have such a hectic schedule all day. Also, I'm going to look for that video. I was telling my sister about it because she doesn't like to workout or even walk but maybe she will do this since she can do it at home.

I'll try to look-in before the end of day. If not you girls have a great health weekend!

Kim
Old 03-14-2003, 01:52 PM   #7  

I got the DVD....and it has both the one mile and two mile walk on it! It was a nice way to ramp up.

I just weighed in and I was back down to where I was before I went to my parents. I gained mostly water weight from moms cooking! Doubt I lost 3 lbs in 2 days. : )

Back on track! woohooo

The sun is coming out!! Maybe it will warm up enough for us to go bike! I never thought I would actually enjoy exercise!!
Old 03-14-2003, 08:23 PM   #8  

Angry I'm new

Hi everyone!
I thought I would say hello and introduce myself. I am a SAHM to a 9 month old boy, new to the US, new to marriage and new to being a mommy but loving all of it.
I joined LA Weightloss on Jan 6th and I have lost 21lbs so far, weigh in tomorrow but hormonal so I hope no water retention!
Sometimes I find it frustrating...carb lover...dh is vegetarian and I used to eat lots of rice and pasta. I miss it terribly.
I find some of the options with LAWL bland and sometimes eat just to get my food in!
The lites are expensive and many of the other bars do compare. Once I finish this amt I bought I am going to try others, I just can't manage the price anymore.
Anyway I guess I talked enough....was having a hard time last few days with it and was so happy to find this!!

Old 03-15-2003, 10:03 AM   #9  

Hello NVBB...

Congrats on your loss so far!! How much more do you want to lose?

All is well here. We got up early to go on a bike ride, but it was 37 degrees!! I guess we are waiting until lunch since we are too wimpy to ride in the cold.
Old 03-16-2003, 09:40 AM   #10  

Default more to lose

I joined for a full year because I want to lose 100 lbs. Long way to go but I am starting somewhere. After many attempts it's finallly going somewhere.
I had my measurements done and I am down a total of 18 inches. I find I see more in inches than I do on the scale but that's ok. As long as I am seeing the difference.

Thanks for the welcome
Nadine
Old 03-16-2003, 10:34 AM   #11  

I just bought 40 weeks....I doubt I will make it to goal by then, but I am up for the challenge! So far so good. : )
Old 03-16-2003, 03:59 PM   #12  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Welcome Nadine...and good afternoon everyone.

I just receieved my treadmill..and I am excited to start...and get into shape.

I am finally motivated to get back on plan..ahh, what the heck took me soo long. Maybe because I feellike I took 5 steps backwards.

Anyways, today is beautiful..and we (the boys and I) Went to Cape Cod for lunch...it was a perfect day for a nice 40 minute drive down. AHHHH, I am looking foward to SPRING..hopefully here in New England we will not "skip" spiring and go into summer ...it tends to do that sometimes around here.

Do any of you gals watch Oprah? Well, last Wednesday, she had a great show on getting back your energy. It was all stuff we all know, but just do not do. It was motivating. Check out her website..for more info. SHe also had a great chef on (I wish I could afford him to cook for me) who makes a great POWER PUNCH..basically..a power smoothie/shake....we can use it with LA ...and fit it in our plan...
2 tablespoons soy or whey protein powder
1/2 c. skim milk
1/2/ c. plain fat free yogurt
1/2 c strawberries
1/2 medium bananna ( I know this is not on our plan but we can skip it )
1 1/2 c. ice cubes
260 Cal. 1.5 Grams of fat, 0 grams of Saturated fat 5 mg of cholesterol, 190 grams sodium, 51 gams of carbs, 5 grams of fiber, 16 grams of protein.

I dunno..it looked soo yummy

Also, I have a question for ya...does any one get why we can only have 1 cup of cooked veggies like broccoli, or squash? Is it because of the carbs???? Or is because of discipline??? I will never understand that..I always thought veggies are "FREE FOODS" and are soo good for you. Does any one else feel that way.

I'lll check back later, gals..
Old 03-16-2003, 04:42 PM   #13  

Gina-
I did weight watchers once and the lady there told me WW has veggies as a free food because "no one ever got fat from eating too many veggies". SO....if I am hungry and I want more veggies...I eat them. Better than a big mac or chocolate cake!!!
Old 03-17-2003, 08:15 AM   #14  

Good morning Ladies and welcome to Nadine. I'm a newbie also.

I signed up for a year also, I actually went in at a good time. I got mines for better than half price, they were running a special, so I'm really pleased about that.
Anyway, I went in on Saturday and weighed in, I'm down 3lbs. I was really excited about that, I wasn't really expecting that much but I would have been so disappointed if I hadn't lost anything after having such a good eating week.
Even though I'm not on the weekends off program, I do allow myself to indulge a little over the weekend, it's the only way I can stay on the program, I guess that's why I only weigh in twice a week.
Even though I didn't write this weekend, I did think about you girls. You really helped me stay on plan. I actually think I'm going to do it this time (after lossing about 1000lbs from all the diets I've been on).
Anyway, I worked out this morning. It was a good one but I didn't get everything in because I was running late so I'm going back this afternoon to finish up. I did 2 workouts on Friday and I hurt all weekend long. I hadn't done that in a lonnng time! But I felt it was worth it when I steped on those scales and 3lbs was gone.

Jibbelle--contrats on your loss. I checked ebay and placed a bid but of course I've been out bid several times. I'll keep trying. The have a 100 bars, my last bid was $16 which I don't think is bad at all. I'll keep trying. Could you tell me where you purchased the exercise DVD? I really didn't have any luck finding that either.

Until later on, have a healthy day!
Old 03-17-2003, 10:44 AM   #15  

Good Morning Ladies...

Wow...looks like we had a lot of post over the weekend. That is wonderful.

As for me...I am still on track...Weighed in on Saturday and I was down 1.8lbs. This weekend was hard for eating. We were soooo busy that I found myself only eating one meal a day. And to be honest I wasn't that hungry. So that is a good thing. I weigh in again tonight so we will see how that goes. Keeping my fingers crossed. Tonight is also my fitness challenge weigh in at my gym. I know that I have met my 5% goal but I want to see the others success. It will be fun. Saturday after weigh-in I went for a day at the spa. Boy was is wonderful. I had a massage and then she used hot stones all over my body...I just can't tell you how wonderful that was. I already booked my next day at the spa...*smile*

Kim....First congrats on the 3lbs....WTG......I too am surprised that they told you too slow down on exercising. I exercise 2 times a day 5 days a week and then I work out on Saturday and Sunday. I also weight train 3 days a week. I do spinning, kickboxing and yoga. So I consider that I do a lot of exercise and I have done well so far. As for my weightlifing I do not lift heavy. I lift low weights with lots of reps...better for toning that way. And I have lost inches also. I find that eating low carbs that I get tired easier....but...I push through it. We can all do it with support and motivation.

Jib...Congrats on being back down...That is such a good feeling. I feel the same way you do about the veggies. I know that certain veggies have higher carbs and I will not over indulge in those certain ones but when it comes to lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers, etc...I eat what I want. I too have never heard of anyone gaining weight from eating veggies. I can't remember how many weightloss weeks I bought...I know I reach my goal and then continued the weightloss weeks and then I just bought 4 more weeks. I am losing weight and I love the way that I feel. I just wished I would have done this before my wedding. I was wearing a size 14 on my wedding day and I just bought some new clothes in size 6 and 8. What a surprise that was to me. I am sure that these clothes are just made big. Well it was rainy here on Sunday so we did not do any bike riding. I went to the gym and my hubby went fishing..in the rain...but all in all a great weekend.

Monkeybabies.....So how is the new treadmill?? I eat as many veggies as I want. I would rather fill up on veggies than breads and pasta.

NVbb76....Welcome...Nice to have more people posting. Wow...that is great with the measurements. Sounds like you are on the right track. We are all hear to help motivate and support you.

Well I feel as if I have typed a book. That is what happens because I don't post on the weekends. Everyone have a great day.
Closed Thread