Old 10-08-2010, 09:51 AM   #1  

Default Meta-Quick Duration

I know that Meta-Quick is supposed to be for 7 days per one month period, but I'm wondering if you can be on it longer. I was on HCG which restricts your calories to 500 cal. a day for a minimum of 21 days. I know that Meta-Quick is about 2-300 calories more so I'm wondering if I can be on that for 21 days. I thought that the body going into ketosis (a fat burning "starvation") was the point.

Also, since I'm working out, should I go on Meta-balance after I am off Meta-Quick.

Any advice would be great. Thanks
obiwaunkanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #2  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

oh wow, you are suggesting something entirely off the MRC plan here, so a reply to this will be nothing but a guess? don't think anyone will be able to advise you on this here.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
oh wow, you are suggesting something entirely off the MRC plan here, so a reply to this will be nothing but a guess? don't think anyone will be able to advise you on this here.
Oh, okay. Well, I'll stop obsessing....which is VERY easy for me to do. I'll calm down and be kind to my body. 7 days only.
obiwaunkanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:25 AM   #4  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

would like to private message you obiwaukanoe, but don't see a way to do it here. IF you don't mind, can you send me your email so I can contact you that way. Mine is [email protected]. Want to ask you about your previous plan!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #5  

I think it varies. The director of the center I went to told me I could do it up to 15 days per month (my schedule was ridiculous). Talk to your director and see what they say.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

You know, I LOVED metaquick, always got a good 6-7 lbs out of it for the week of and after. I was obsessing about why I couldn't do it longer... so one month I did it for 9 days instead of 7... and only lost 4 lbs total.

I guess it's karma, but everytime I try to negotiate or outsmart the system, it comes back to bite me.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 226/192/140

Height: 5'4"

I would love to know what a typical Metaquick diet day is? Is that the shakes for 2 meals a day and reduce protein to 3 oz at your third meal? Or is that the balance one?
nvrfatagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Meta Quick is one shake, one bar...one for breakfast, one for lunch (you choose when you would like them) and chicken, turkey or tuna for dinner with a veg and starch. My center told me to eat the same ounces as I normally would...so for me that's 4 ounces of meat and cooked veg.

And you still do your HNS at breakfast and lunch, and 2 more throughout the day.

Last edited by Razorbackbritt; 03-14-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:04 AM   #9  
Horses make the sun shine

S/C/G: 148/135/118

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt View Post
Meta Quick is one shake, one bar...one for breakfast, one for lunch (you choose when you would like them) and chicken, turkey or tuna for dinner with a veg and starch. My center told me to eat the same ounces as I normally would...so for me that's 4 ounces of meat and cooked veg.

And you still do your HNS at breakfast and lunch, and 2 more throughout the day.
Do you also drink any HNS's during this?

oops, missed the last sentence. Nevermind.

Last edited by GoalBound; 03-25-2011 at 02:05 AM.
GoalBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:52 AM   #10  

I was talking to my counselor about Meta-Quick today. The one time I tried it, I didn't lose anything in the seven days. I guess everybody is different. The bars and meal replacements have a lot more carbs than the food. I have a few for 'just in case', but I try to stay away from them for the most part, and the meal replacements have started making my stomach upset over the past year.
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote