Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:36 AM   #1  
Love on a Diet

S/C/G: HW:155 SW:147/141/107

Height: 5'2"

Default Two News Articles to Encourage You When You're Feeling Down!

USA Today reports that most Americans don't get daily exercise. No surprise there. However, it then goes on to list percentages: only 5% of American adults get regular exercise. The most reported "moderate activity" was food and drink preparation, at a whopping 25.7%.

This means that if you are working out/running/walking/exercising regularly, you are already better than 95% of Americans. 95%! If that's not something to feel proud of, I don't know what is.

In this second article (linked from the first) a study finds that exercise can override a genetic predisposition for obesity. That's right! That means even if your body has a tendency towards fatness due to a losing ticket in the genetic lottery, it still isn't an already foregone conclusion. You CAN overcome it! You are not automatically sentenced to a life of obesity! (But it does take a lot of hard work.)

Don't get discouraged, guys, no matter your size. Just keep on exercising and the rest will follow!

Last edited by MiniMo; 10-05-2010 at 08:37 AM.
MiniMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Wonderful post!

I think it's hard to exercise EVERYDAY. No one can do that- no matter what life will always get in the way and you are bound to miss a day here and there. I've been on the P90X for over two weeks and I've missed 2 days in that time. Once in week 2 and once yesterday- but it's okay- LIFE happens and I am still on the plan and will continue.

That being said- I have PCOS and when I heard recently someone say "exercise doesn't really help PCOS" I almost died. I was like omg that's IGNORANT. Exercise isn't just about weight loss! It's about improving your insulin resistance, lowering your blood sugars, getting your heart moving, etc. Exercise is ALWAYS good for you as long as it's appropriate for your level.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote