South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 06:11 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Tuesday Beach Chat

Good morning Chicks I'm in the middle of my crazy three day run. Today and tomorrow are extra long days ending with events I coordinate. Can you guess that I didn't make this schedule?! Once I get to Wed. night I move to general pre-election craziness with no more than 1 event/week that I am responsible for. I'm helping other places but that's less stressful. After the election we all get an extra long weekend to relax and then our work moves into a more normal pace for awhile. I'm looking forward to that! Until then though I'm making the best breakfast smoothies I can to start my day right. That's going to be my only at home meal so I want to make it count. I'm finding 15 minutes to walk and I'm making the best possible choices while out. I've found all the coffee shops with WiFi and the restaurants/co-ops with healthy food choices in all the towns I work in. Come Thursday I'm back to serious menu planning.

That's my week at a glance, how are things shaping up for you? When I want to relax I spend a few minutes thinking about Ruth and her amazing vacation. I sure hope it's at least as much fun as I'm imagining it
Old 10-05-2010, 06:51 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning Cyndi! It sounds like you've done some great thinking and planning, but I sure don't envy your schedule. I hope your day goes smoothly today.

I've been thinking of Ruth too, and wondering what she's up to. I hope her trip is all she hoped for and more.

I've got a humdinger of a cold. It's no surprise I guess, so many at school have had colds the past couple of weeks and I spend my days with 5 year olds who haven't quite learned to muffle their coughs and blow their noses yet - but I'm ever hopeful. lol I'm a big believer in Zicam and I'm popping them every few hours so hopefully I'll be feeling like my old self again soon. And one of the nice things about teaching kindergarten is the kids keep me so busy that I don't have time to notice how lousy I feel!

I'm heading to Massachusetts tomorrow afternoon for the hospice memorial service (for my Dad) and my mom is coming back to Maine with me on Thursday, so I have a some things I need to do around the house after school.

Enjoy your Tuesday friends.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Cyndi. You have a good plan in place to navigate through the next few days, and I hope all goes well! At least being so busy makes the day go fast. Is this all related to your new job? How are you liking it so far? I know you'll be good and ready to enjoy that extra-long weekend!

It's dark and wet and I gave in to the temptation to burrow under the covers for an extra hour of sleep this morning. I didn't get home until almost 10pm last night, and the bed felt so good. I'm going to take my time going in this morning. I didn't get as much organizing done as I planned yesterday, as I had to go grocery shopping, then put together a pot of beef stew, and there was a mountain of laundry to work my way through. So today I'll try to get done as much as I can before it's time to pick up the girls at school and go to gymnastics. Richard has promised to be home between 6 & 7 so he can have supper with his girls, so I'll should be able to have an evening at home.

Right now I need a refill!
Old 10-05-2010, 06:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Heidi! That's too bad that you caught a cold, and I hope it doensn't last too long. I'm just getting over a chest cold that I had all last week. I had laryngitus for several days, which Jake enjoyed immensly, LOL.
Be careful with that Zicam, though. I used to use it all the time and I'm pretty sure it affected my sense of smell.
How long will your mother be staying with you? Have a safe drive down to MA!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:25 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Cyndi, thanks for getting us started. I was thinking I'd be the earlybird, but I went upstairs to retrieve my slippers and it took me over an hour to get back. Thanks for taking the time to share with others how you are planning ahead to take care of yourself both food and exercise-wise while you are totally socked in with work obligations. Take care!

Heidi, I hope you're feeling better soon. I'll be thinking of you as you and your Mom take another step in your journey together, since losing your Dad.

Linda, I resisted the urge, too, to stay in bed. I wish I had a personal assistant! I hope Richard shows up in time for you to get home and enjoy a bit of your evening.

Karen, Hope your back is feeling better.

This messy project has me in my own organizational frenzy because it's just miserable dealing with something that should have been done 30 years ago instead of being able to enjoy a beautiful fall. I'm 2/3 through the canning jars...and determined to finish. This morning I have to go up and fill 2 trash bins with shredded newspaper and moldy boxes and haul them to Moms before the trash guy comes....haul another load of jars, and try to keep some sanity at my house. My drapes are sitting here, but as much as I want them up I don't want to get on the ladder in the bay window until it gets light. I might have done it earlier, but I don't want to be up there when I can't see out and EVERYONE can see in.

Have a great OP day, everyone! I managed one yesterday, despite major confusion. I'm onto the super healthy morning smoothie to get off to a great start! Ok...back to it!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning ladies!!

Cyndi - I am so non-political and hate all the ads and hype leading up to elections. Sigh. Glad you are finding a few moments for yourself in that business.

Heidi - I hope you feel better soon! I did Zicam and Airborne for several days this past week. Maybe it doesn't help but I figure it can't hurt.

Linda - My son out your way texted me that he wants to shop for warmer clothes when he comes home the next time. I guess it has been cold out there. I thought the took the nasal Zicam off the market for just that reason? I use the lozenges.

Debbie - Busy! Be careful on the ladder! Thanks for the good thoughts; it is still "there" but better than over the weekend.

I am going to try riding my bike today I have now missed three days of glorious riding weather and my husband (ada riding partner) is leaving town next week so I need to get cracking while I can. We have company coming this weekend so it is time for some serious house cleaning. Sigh.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies! 9am appt. tommorrow, so I'll have an early night.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #8  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Ladies~ I am in need of some serious I am not sure what my problem is but I can't seem to get back on track! So far so good this morning, drinking an awful lot of today though Suppose thats better than eating the wrong thing. I am planning to eat soup for dinner, chili I think and lunch will be stirfry with cabbage... Wrong place to post that. oops. Im just so off my game! I decided a long time ago I was a all in or all out kind of person but thought I got past it and now that mentality is popping back up... NOT GOOD...

Waiting on the dishwasher repairman to get here and of course I tried to turn it on and it works again. UGH, it didn't for 3 days and now it does, warranty runs out next month so I hope the guy is able to fix it even though it appears nothing is wrong...

Cyndi- Glad the work is good but hope it settles down a bit soon!

Heidi- I sure hope that you feel better soon!

Cottage- Here is hoping you get all you want accomplished today! So many little chores get in the way!

Debbie- Good luck getting through the rest of the stuff as painlessly as possible Did you find anything at jcp? And vaca was lovely, thanks ;0)

Karen- hope you do well with the bike! House guests are the best motivation for getting everything clean!

FO- Congrats on the huge loss! awesome!
Old 10-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Thanks Rikki!
Old 10-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies!
Cyn good luck with the busy remember to find time for you!
Heidi feel better!
Cottage I did the same thing!
Debbie I have a bay window too Any advice and pics would be welcome!!
Karen Enjoy the bike ride
Rikki you can do it!
Hi FO
My trainer's coming tonight so it will be some strength training from me
already feel more sturdy from the other exercise
I'm swimming in a giant cup of green tea and I know there will be a lot of friends for it
Trying to get motivated!
Kierie
Old 10-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #11  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone!

Sounds like everyone is having a productive day today, in spite of some nasty germs trying to get in the way.

I am -hoping- to be productive tonight and make a big pot of chicken soup so I don't have to scrounge around every morning this week trying to put a lunch together to take to work. We'll see though, after that evening commute, I tend to be out of energy a bit. Something about traffic makes my brain check out for the day! Maybe I'll even get some laundry done tonight.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #12  
Be happy.

Thanks Linda. I am feeling a little bit better tonight, but I plan to head to bed very soon.

I use the quick melt tablets and/or lozenges because I don't trust the sprays either. I've had great results with the tablets and lozenges. Whether they really work or it's all in my head - they make me feel better.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

One crazy day down and one to go No planned exercise but 20 minutes of carrying food and handouts and stuff up and down stairs definitely counts. It was my first big project and it went great. Now to sleep.

Karen - I actually work for the teachers union so politics is connected though not the main work. Elections are just good times to get people excited about policy
Closed Thread