Old 10-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #1  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

Default I can't tell if I'm hungry or a little nauseous

I know it sounds strange, but sometimes I have low-grade nausea and I mistake it for hunger and today I have either been super hungry or a little nauseous all day. I am trying to battle it out and not binge because honestly, I only have about 259 calories left in my allowance and I am saving that for a big bowl of veggie soup for dinner (yum!). I know nobody can help me, but it's super frustrating that right now, all I want to do is eat and trust me, I've been eating today, pretty much good choices and one choice that looked good, but ended up being a serious calorie hog: Trader Joe's Tamari Roasted almonds, while they seem like a harmless snack I ate about 2 small handfuls (which I guesstimated to be about two 1/4 cup servings) and OMG! It cost me 340 calories and 30 grams of fat! WTF?!?!?! So now I am spending the rest of the evening on a nice bowl of harmless veggie soup but right now, my body is telling me that it is starving!!!!! GRRR....
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #2  

Height: 5'10

I have this problem when I get headaches. I frequently have migraines or head aches and I always feel like I need to eat to get it to go away. Even if I just ate and am not hungry. I feel like that's what I need to feel better. I hate that.
BassAckwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Maybe you could be dehydrated? I know when I get dehydrated I get very nauseous. You may also have a high amount of acid in your tummy. Do you burp a lot or have a lot of heartburn? I take an OTC acid blocker, Prilosec OTC and that helps with excess acid.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:23 PM   #4  

Location: On Planet Earth...I'm waiting for the Oxygen levels to go up on the other planet's before I move

S/C/G: 250/125/120

Height: 5'3"

It's weird but when I first started loosing weight I had this same problem where I was nauseous frequently and after a while I could not tell the difference between nausea and hunger. I was on a 1000 calorie diet though so in my case I really could have just been hungry most of the time. I also have vertago which makes me dizzy frequently this contributes to my nausea. Maybe you have an inner-ear problem?
WinterJinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #5  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

sometimes if i brush my teeth or swish mouthwash it helps. you could chew minty gum too. whatever works for the strong mint taste.
saltine(or your fav kind) crackers or mint tea could also help. you could make 'chips' by baking a tortilla or flat out ww wrap, and break into peices. would settle the stomach. prob less cal than crackers, depending on amount.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #6  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for all the suggestions...yea I probably do have an inner-ear problem because I am obsessed with cleaning my ears and I am always poking too deep in them (which sounds naughty...lol) and today it was MUCh better, I think I might havebeen dehydrated, which is strange because I was drinking my regular 64oz, but I think I will add another 32oz to that in the near future.
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote