Old 10-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Thinking about the Ideal Protein diet

HI out there.
I am thinking about trying the Ideal Protein diet. Any words of wisdom or caution for me? I have an appointment on Tuesday and I have been doing some homework on line. Looking for any thoughts from anyone on the subject.
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #2  

Old 10-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'6

Hello Ladyvrod!
Here's what I will tell you and I know others will say the same. The first 4 days are rough! Then life becomes great, you feel great and motivated to continue. This site is the most helpful for asking questions and seeking encouragement. A good coach will contact you almost daily to see how you are doing, mine did and I love my coach! (for the first week, now he only calls once in a while) He has been there through good and bad times and I rarely leave my weigh in's without a hug!
Some experience extreme headaches, I never did but I feel like I was one of the lucky ones.
This program, if you follow everything and give it your full attention, will work for you and you will be amazed and how fast it comes off.
On the times that you feel like you are quitting come here and ask your friends. On the times that you feel fantastic and want to celebrate come here and celebrate with your friends.

Good luck on Tuesday and welcome to your "Last Diet"! Let us know how you are doing, we are all here to help!

Last edited by Cinders35; 10-03-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Cinders35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #4  

thank you. I appreciate the support and words of wisdom. I already use stevia for sweetener and watch my sugar and I find that carbs, too many at once anyway, give me a "racing heart" so I am hoping that by limiting sugar and carbs already I will escape some of the side effects.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
I am thinking about trying the Ideal Protein diet. Any words of wisdom or caution for me? I have an appointment on Tuesday and I have been doing some homework on line. Looking for any thoughts from anyone on the subject.
ladyvrod! If you have a choice in coaches, work with someone who's lost more weight than you want to lose mostly because they'll know the changes you need to make to have IP work.

Read the old phase one handout in the Phases sticky. There's a pdf attachment to message #9 that you can download. Think about what your challenges might be in making it work and take those questions on to your coach on Tuesday.

If you get hungry in your first 2-3 weeks, drink at least 8 oz of water, and get busy. Check in with yourself in about 20-30 minutes; I sometimes set a timer. After that time, check: Are you still hungry? If yes, mix yourself another packet. The instructions say you can have up to 5/day in the first week. Even after week 1, if you're hungry it's better to have an Ideal Protein packet than what else might be around.

And, don't expect your weight loss to be like anyone else's. That is often the express train to "Make Yourself Crazy" town.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinders35 View Post
Here's what I will tell you and I know others will say the same. The first 4 days are rough! Then life becomes great, you feel great and motivated to continue. This site is the most helpful for asking questions and seeking encouragement. A good coach will contact you almost daily to see how you are doing, mine did and I love my coach! (for the first week, now he only calls once in a while) He has been there through good and bad times and I rarely leave my weigh in's without a hug!
Daily calls at the start? Hugs at weigh-ins? Wow Cinders35 ... your coach sounds AMAZING!
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #6  

It works. My wife is doing IP. I have used this web site to find recipes. At week for my wife has lost 21 pounds. You have to get creative with the vegs to keep from getting bored with them. Make sure you have good coach to help. I have researched the scientific end of this plan and it is sound. There is an increase in protein intake but that is essential to keep your body from eating itself. Vitamins and Minerals are a must. Water is a must. Sugar free breath mints and gum are a must. I work for a hospital and our physicians are supporting this. Here is an other hospitals web address with recipes to help you. http://www.hchc.org/idealprotein/ LOOK at there Stats. Very impressive.
medicman49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:04 PM   #7  

Medicman49,
What are you doing to your veggies to not get bored with them? I could use some creative ideas. Ha-ha.
Thanks in advance.
dreile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #8  

Why the breath mints and gum? bad breath or dry mouth? I am also trying to stay away from all the "colored" sugar subsitutes. yellow (spenda, sucralose) blue (aspartane ? spelling) etc. I use Stevia thankfully there are more and more products being made with Stevia.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:39 PM   #9  
started IP 09/23/10

S/C/G: 165/157.4/130

Height: 5 ft 4.5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
HI out there.
Welcome ladyvrod! I'm a newbie myself and will have my 2nd weigh-in this Wednesday. So, with that in mind, I don't have a wealth of information to offer you. I will say, listen to your coach....and check these boards. I've learned a lot of tricks and tips already by reading the boards. And, I've had some questions answered on here as well. From what I see, it looks like coaches approach this differently, so it's great to have this group as a sounding board. It's really mind over matter the 1st few days....keep busy and stay well-hydrated....and know that you are making a commitment to a better you! Good luck!
NCgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote