Old 10-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #1  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Default Weird...and probably TMI, but I'm curious

So, I get up and get a new low weight. I am shocked at this because yesterday was a horrible day...but I am so back on track. (I have lots of horrible days. Sorry!) Anyhow, so I go to the bathroom and I think, well maybe I will weigh a little less because that eliminated (sorry!) some bulk...but I"m actually UP over a pound after stepping on the scale...why is that? I am just really curious because it seems to happen all the time. I would just be interested to know if its normal and maybe a reason why it could be happening.
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #2  
Out is Through

That happens to me all the time as well. The scale gives me different readings depending on how I step on it.. boggles my mind!

But you're not alone with weighing before and after going potty :-P
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #3  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Did you weigh-"eliminate"-weigh, or did you also do something else in between, like drink water or eat breakfast? That would explain the difference. Or maybe the scale was just being persnickety - they'll do that, you know.

My scale has two memory settings and one setting that doesn't save. I always check the one that doesn't save, and if I like the number, I'll do it again with one of the memory settings so it will be saved. Do you know how many times it decides to go up a smidge when I re-weigh to save the number?
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #4  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I did drink water between them. So I guess I could see the water being the extra weight. Its just so weird!! Not that it really matters in the long run, but you know. LOL.
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Getting on the scale is but one moment in time. That number refects many things: food eaten (yesterday and days before), energy expended, hormones, bodily flucuations, water retension & bioligical influences. It's all those things reflected in that that very moment. Use that number as data to help guide your eating, if necessary.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

8 ounces of water is roughly half a pound... same for an 8 ounce cup of coffee... you get the picture.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote