South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 06:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default It's The Weekend On The Beach Chat!

Good morning and Happy Saturday!

The sun is making an appearance here for the day, but it's feeling a lot like Fall out there today. We're going out to breakfast first, and then heading to Arendtsville to the Apple Harvest Festival. We went last year and really enjoyed it. Apple everything and lots of demonstrations and crafts.
I'm hoping to finally get my hydrangeas and other shrubs planted later today, too, if the ground isn't too soggy. I wish I'd had time to get them planted before all this rain, as they would have gotten an excellent start.

How's your weekend shaping up?
Old 10-02-2010, 07:13 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage Sounds like you have a lovely fall weekend planned. I used to love apple festivals but haven't been to one in years. There are so many fall festivals here but it's a crazy time with heavy tourist traffic.

My To Do list awaits. I know it will start with apple picking and getting that dehydrator running. I also heard that a local farm has free pick your own tomatoes because they are clearing out their fields. I'm going to see if that's still going on. If not another farm has a great price on bushels of canning tomatoes. After that it's all weekend chores - groceries, laundry, cleaning. I'm going to start a new book too. I forced myself to start reading again and it's really helping me sleep better. It's also fun Last night I stayed up past midnight finishing a mystery. Haven't done that in ages!

It's sweatshirt and jeans weather here for sure. Time for a nice pot of soup and a crockpot of beans and rice for the week. I love this time of year
Old 10-02-2010, 07:37 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning Cottage and Cyndi
(And good morning to those who come later, too.)

It's a windy 49 degrees here this morning. Nice for walking, but still pretty windy.

The Fryeburg Fair opens this weekend and Fergie would really like to go but right now I don't see how we can fit it in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though, it's been 'tradition' since the kids were little. We usually go for the big parade at the end of the fair, but my mom will be here next weekend so that won't work. I had just started phase 1 when we went last year and I remember drooling over all the food Fergie ate but only drinking bottled water. It will be a lot easier to say no thanks this year though. Half the stuff doesn't even look appetizing to me anymore.

If I want to be at the transfer station when they open, I need to get my sneakers back on and get going. Enjoy your Saturday!

Last edited by Heidi58; 10-02-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! Cooler here today too; maybe in the 60s later. The weather has been so great this week that I have gotten in bike rides every day! I will spend most of my weekend hovering over my son and his very incomplete college applications. Broken record. Sigh.

Have a great one all!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A late morning here, but definately with a fall touch. My Sis and I embarked on the photo project(for the cookbook) yesterday which turned into a late night. We also went up to my GM's house and started loading canning jars out of her cave. The house has been vacant since 1976 and is starting to be vandalized a bit. So I've already started this mornings loads in the dishwasher. Today, more of the same.

Everyone, have a great day!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 243/199.4/190

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning everybody! Isn't fall wonderful...sigh. I've made it through week 1 and lost 4 lbs. Although I had one day where I didn't eat nearly enough, I've been doing pretty well! I haven't given into the wine yet...lol. On my way to the farmers market. Have a great day!
Old 10-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi all! Have a great weekend!
Old 10-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, everyone (hey, it's morning to ME, LOL). Just killing time until I have to get ready for work...only 6 more minutes left to goof off, though. Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. Here's to hoping my Dawgs can pull through and win tonight...they've been doing HORRIBLE so far this year. Maybe w/ AJ Green coming back in on this game it'll be better.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Natasha-I was just in Boulder and everyone was wearing red w/ a G...finally asked and CU is playing U of G. I know who will win that game and have no emotional attachment even though CU is my alma mater.lol I have to head back, but I think the game has already started so traffic will be better.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #10  
Beautiful Underneath

S/C/G: 220/211.8/110

Height: 5'4''

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I'm in Ohio and I love love love Autumn, yes, even though it's rain, rain, rain so far! I <3 the rain! I'm so excited to go to Harvest festivals in town!
I was wondering if there are any books you ladies love to read; more so motivational about weight loss, or books with beautifying tips and tricks (like Cosmo's beauty secrets, already have it). Two I like are Age Erasers &Look Better Naked. I love literature! And I am always at the bookstore Borders or the library. Please let me know!

Good luck for the coming week everyone! It will be a busy one for me!
Old 10-03-2010, 03:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
Natasha-I was just in Boulder and everyone was wearing red w/ a G...finally asked and CU is playing U of G. I know who will win that game and have no emotional attachment even though CU is my alma mater.lol I have to head back, but I think the game has already started so traffic will be better.
Mark Richt is sitting at home drafting his new resume as we speak. LOL

I swear...I can't believe we BLEW a 10 point lead!!! UGH!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 07:38 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning
Happy Sunday!

I've been very busy since arriving here on Monday. In addition to our family cookbook which has now entered the photo phase, I decided it was time to clean out my Grandmothers cave-in the side of a mountain-the Colorado version of a root cellar. It has been untouched (at my Mother's request) for 34 years now. In the past 2 years, the house (vacant and filled with stuff), has been vandalized several times, and more recently, the cave has been broken into. So I have begun the process of hauling cases and cases of rotted canned goods down to my house for disposal. Wow! My house is a wreck, to put it mildly. I have done 6 dishwasher loads so far, have 10 cases outside my back door, and have 2/3 of the project yet to go. I've been afraid that the kids (or bears) would eventually totally ransack the place making a clean up nearly impossible. I finally just started and now have my Mother's blessing. I had to shuffle 10 years worth of Natl Geographics to recycle to make room at her house for the antique canning jars. I'm leaving Kirk out of the loop on this one. He's happily picking tomatoes at our other house which is for the best.

Mom, Sis and I went to Boulder yesterday which was a nice break, but I'm thinking I'll stay closer to home today. We'll see. I'm staying really close to plan, which I'm really happy about....good food choices yesterday and I'm feeling great. Yay SBD!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-03-2010, 07:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I slept in until almost 7 this morning!

Debbie, I hope you can somehow show us your family cookbook when it's finished. It sounds like quite an undertaking, with pictures and all, and I'm really eager to see the finished product. That sounds like quite a job, cleaning out your grandmother's house, too.

I'm going shopping with my daughter today to help her find a dress to wear to the Barrymore Awards tomorow night. My SIL has been nominated again for the 10th year in a row, this time for two of his shows. She's not coming out until after church, though, so Jake and I are off to Cracker Barrel and then to pick up a few things at Walmart.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #14  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Debbie, I agree with Linda, I'm very impressed with your cookbook project and would love to get a glimpse of it when you're finished. I'm glad you're staying close to plan and feeling so good about it. Here's to another great, on plan day!

Cottage, congratulations to your son in law! I hope your daughter will find the perfect dress this afternoon. Enjoy your shopping trip!

My house smells soooo good this morning! We finally bit the bullet and pulled the rest of the plants in the garden yesterday. It's October and we were tired of covering the tomatoes every time we got a frost warning, even though they were still going strong. I've got sooooo many green tomatoes to deal with! I used Splenda and no sugar added orange marmalade so it's as South Beach friendly as I can make it, but I didn't mess with my mincemeat recipe. It's full of sugar and has been cooking in the crockpot all night... the house smells soooo good! No pies this weekend though, it's going right in the freezer til Thanksgiving once it's cool.

I've got a green tomato soup recipe that I want to try, and I'll make more relish and mincemeat for the freezer, but I will still have tomatoes left. We love green tomato bread (similar to zucchini bread) but I have a hard time eating just one small slice so I'm only going to make a couple of loaves and stick them right in the freezer, too - for when the kids are home.

Does anyone have a SBD friendly green tomato recipe? Something I can eat instead of sticking in the freezer for the holidays?

I was up late last night cooking so I got up later than usual this morning. I want to do a quick 20 minutes on the treadmill before I get ready for church so I need to get busy. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, friends!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Linda! Your day sounds really nice! Great news about your SIL! I hope the dress is smashing!

Hi Heidi! I totally didn't know you put green tomatoes in mincemeat! I googled Dilled Green Tomatoes. I've never made them, but there are some really nice jars of 34 year old ones in my project.

When we finish our recipes, I'll link you to it for a peek by PM. It has turned out pretty nice, especially now that we're adding the pics. My Dad loved photography and was very gifted. Yesterday when we were trying to get some bigger ones scanned several passers by commented on them.

Ok, dishwasher running....time for more coffee.
Closed Thread