Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:39 AM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default ~~October Golden Girls~~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....

We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark? What's the best thing that happened since you passed the 60 mark?
Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Everyone,

Happy October. Rainy day here in PA. My DF and I are going into Philly to try to get tickets for Jersey Boys. Probably do lunch and a movie or a museum.

Today begins my "official" 3-vegetables/day challenge.

Lynn
Old 10-01-2010, 09:02 AM   #3  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy October to all
Lynn...what's with the 3 vegetable challenge? What do you consider a serving/raw or cooked? Only non-starchy? I think consentrating on 3 vegetables a day would be a good thing. Jane's October challenge would be a good place for me to do the same thing, maybe adding at least 40 grams of fiber per day too.
Jane? you starting one?
Old 10-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #4  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Hmmmmm. A challenge not connected to exercise or pounds lost? Now, that might be just what the doctor ordered for THIS fat chick! (Well...you know what I mean....what the doctor WOULD order if I went to see her).

Weekend's amost here! Hooray! My baby girl is turning 33 tomorrow! We're spending the day at Sturbridge village, and then will have a big birthday dinner for her on Sunday. Tonight, I'm taking her clothes shopping! Fun!

Windy out there today, with rain moving rapidly up the coast, I understand. I was out in Holyoke (western part of the state) yesterday, and there were torrential rains which tapered off as I came farther east. Now we're supposed to get hit with flooding and such later today and tonight. I hope it doesn't interfere with our shopping plans!

Alas, work beckons......but am thinking of all my wonderful Golden Girlies today. Have a great weekend, and stay dry, fergoodness' sake!

Z
Old 10-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #5  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All....
Quick check in... gotta go earn some money today!

Status quo here. I'm looking forward to October, always like the "new" months/years/beginnings. It's all fresh and new and still sweet!

PT/Zoe, have fun with your baby! Stay dry... oh, I look at the weather and am so glad to live here!

Rosey, how are you doing? Any news? Everyone, have a lovely Friday, and be safe!
Old 10-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #6  

Hi everyone..dreary rainy gloomy day..nothing much happening here..dont have a surg ok yet..the wheels turn slowlly.. for all rosey
Old 10-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Happy October to all
Lynn...what's with the 3 vegetable challenge? What do you consider a serving/raw or cooked? Only non-starchy? I think consentrating on 3 vegetables a day would be a good thing. Jane's October challenge would be a good place for me to do the same thing, maybe adding at least 40 grams of fiber per day too.
Jane? you starting one?
Hi Bobbi,

I track my weight & exercise & food every day. For the last 3 years, my monthly goal has included 60 + exercise; 1200 or fewer calories. Basically, these 2 have become habit for me. Therefore, I decided to start working on making other behaviors habit.

This month, I am focused on eating at least 3 servings of vegetables/day.

Today's veggies - V8 juice (low sodium); asparagus; brown rice veggie sushi.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 10-01-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all....Quiet day today....so happy being painfree and scared to death it will come back. Am losing my mind. I know I bought 1 lime Sunday. Can not find the little bugger. Found two extremely old lemons in the bottom of the refrig but that wee lime is gone. Even checked the cloth shopping bags in the trunk and not there....Must have grown wee feet and escaped. sighhhhh

DH told everybody about the grilled pimento cheddar cheese sandwich. Think he's hinting for another one. Will never tell him how diet friendly it really was. Looked and tasted sinful.

The car goes into the body shop Tuesday am.....poor Nancy. Have to fix dents down here before the salt air gets rust going.

The 14th of Oct is our wedding anniversary. I was a child bride. 52! He married me when I was 3!

Connection is fading....hugs, karen3
Old 10-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #9  

really quite in here! whatever you are doing and whoever your with i hope its fun..its gloomy here rain and more rain..im just veging out reading watching old movies with soup simmering on the stove..nice way to spend my day ttfn rosey
Old 10-02-2010, 08:01 PM   #10  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Haven't been online much recently because our youngest dd (33) and her two children 4 & 16 mo. has been visiting with us. We have really enjoyed them! I baked chocolate chip cookies and brownies for them though and you know how I am if things like that are around I did fairly well with the cookies but when I got to the brownies...forget it! I didn't even bother to take my bs!

We joined the kids at a skating rink where they got lessons. It was our gs second lesson and his little sis's first. So cute!! After about an hour out there, the 4 year old said, I give up! LOL He's such a perfectionist, but he really did well considering only his second time. And even the baby was beginning to be able to walk short distances without falling. I'm amazed as I know I can't do that well....once I saw the 4 year old fall and went right into full splits! I told my dh that that move would have ripped me apart and I wouldn't be getting back up either!!

We said good-bye to them in the parking lot so now we are back to our usual life and I am trying to get back to my diet too.

Karen - I lose things like that all the time! Is this getting older or what? I think I just don't focus as well any more on what I am doing at the time. I can't tell you how many ginger roots I have bought and lost in the fridge! By the time I find them they are no good.

Lynn - gfy on the veggie challenge! You are so disciplined in your eating and exercise, I should think you will do fine with it. I love veggies so they are not a problem for me....but limiting my calories and carbs continues to be a problem. Occasionally I have a day when I don't eat my usual number of fruits and veggies but usually I get 4 or 5 at least. I try to get double the veggies to fruits. If I get to eating junk though I notice I don't eat them.

Ellabella - our babies are the same age..33! Mine was our little "accident," who God sent when we thought we were through, 19 mo after our last boy. She has been such a blessing too! I don't know what I would do without her.

Almost time to start dinner and I haven't a clue as I've used up all my planned meals...hmmm...know I have some ground beef I pulled out the freezer and didn't end up fixing...so maybe something with that...or just something from the pantry.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:55 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

I won't be starting an October challenge, so please, one of you go ahead with it if you want.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
I won't be starting an October challenge, so please, one of you go ahead with it if you want.
Hi Jane - Will do.

Please move it up to the Sticky area.

Thank you,

Lynn
Old 10-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone,

Today, I accompanied my daughter as she sat outside a local grocery store and solicited for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. She will be running a marathon in AZ in January & must earn 3,000+ for the Society.

This evening, she came to my condo's gym & ran 2 hours on our treadmill. Her hubby and I kept her company in the gym. My toe blister has healed nicely & I am back to my fast walking (with my bigger shoes).

This evening I tried to buy something on E-Bay. Somehow my E-Bay info conflicts with my PayPal info and although I "won" it, I don't think the system let me pay for it. I searched the site for over an hour looking for a phone number - NO luck. Now I don't know if I paid for it (once or multiple times) or if I never paid for it at all. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn
Old 10-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #14  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Lynn, is PayPal or eBay thwarting you unduly? Aren't computers wonderful? Bah, I say!!

Nothing much going on. I'm appreciating the cool, and it's beautiful. I may try to gather the old ladies and take them to the hills to see the colors this week. We'll see!

No news... PT/Zoe, did you enjoy your day with your DD? Rosey, how's your patience these days? Everyone, hope you have a good Sunday! Be safe........
Old 10-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #15  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! Hope you are having a good Sunday!

Since the kids left, our house seems very quiet. We worked together trimming some plants but otherwise took it easy.

Today we went to church then had lunch at Olive Garden. I need to go over my grocery list for tomorrow then think I'll pamper myself a bit with a warm soak.

Have a good evening!
Closed Thread