Old 09-30-2010, 10:53 AM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Talking weight loss and urination

LOL!

I have noticed over the past several months that on days that I seem to have to urinate more without any extra water intake, I have a drop on the scale the next day.

Today for instance...I am behind in my water drinking! I have only had half a water bottle with my workout and another quarter of it since. Usually I'd have had two full water bottles by now. Yet I've visited the bathroom twice before I normally have to go even once. So tomorrow I'm hoping for a whoosh.

Does anyone else notice this? Could it be the physical proof of water retention release?

Last edited by Eliana; 09-30-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #2  
*~ZUMBA~*

S/C/G: 324/197/150

Height: 5'5"

Yes! I am a bathroom break tracker. Another thing I have learned on this journey is to pay attention to my body and what is going on with it. If I don't get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, I know I am retaining water.

So~lots of bathroom trips = a happy weigh in!
dewdrop1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:56 AM   #3  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I've noticed it too, and have always wondered, just didn't quite know how to phrase the question.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:00 AM   #4  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Yes, on days I pee like a racehorse, if I don't mess it up by ingesting something salty, I have a good reading on the scale the next day.

If I climbed a mountain in Tibet & reached a wise old woman, that would be my question for her: "Please, master: Tell me all that you know about fluid retention."

Because fluid retention is so mysterious, has so many causes, lasts for unknown amounts of time, passes as unexpectedly as it arrives, and does not always mathematically correlate with input or output.

And it's caused me puzzlement, sorrow, frustration, even mild depression -- you name it.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:21 AM   #5  
Calorie counter

I'm curious to know what I will find tomorrow since last week I had a three pound loss and already I have a 1 pound loss for this week. I am stunned!! This is like newbie territory all over again! Talk about breaking a plateau.

But let's not count those chickens just yet.

My one year anniversary is coming up in just over a month and I'm really curious to see just how low I can go.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:30 AM   #6  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Hehe Eliana, you read my mind!
I've learnt during my journey that if I get two or more days in a row when I feel really hungry but haven't eaten any less, and/or am taking lots of potty breaks like said, that I seem to have a whoosh.
Case in point, last Friday I weighed 157lbs and had been around that mark for 2 frustrating weeks. Had seen 156.5lbs for a second or so, but had also seen 159lbs a few times. Then the end of last week and early this I was SO hungry, plus sick of middle of the night potty breaks. What number have I been seeing the last 3 days? 153lbs, 152.5lbs and 152lbs!!!!
Since Tuesday I've kept expecting it to bounce back up so haven't dared change my ticker or chickie, but tomorrow is my official weigh in day so I'm hoping I'll see one of them again and can make it official, I've had a major whoosh!!! It makes being hungry and potty breaks so worth it lol.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:44 AM   #7  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Now there's a bold Title!!!

Your post is kind of !Ding! for me. I have noticed recently that sometimes I'm thinking, "Where the putt did all that come from?" when sometimes it seems far in excess of what I've drunk. I haven't correlated it to weightloss days though - I'll give it a try.

ps Thanks for the reminder to go drink something too! I was a bit down on today.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

I love those days when i urinate a lot and even during the night i am happy to wake up and go to the bathroom because i know in the morning its going to be a good scale day haha
Jessica88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:54 AM   #9  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Now there's a bold Title!!!
I tossed around similar words to Saef's about "peeing like a race horse" but took the technical route instead.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:02 PM   #10  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I have days where I think I should change my quote in my sig from "dancing away the pounds" to "peeing away the pounds"
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:07 PM   #11  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaP View Post
I have days where I think I should change my quote in my sig from "dancing away the pounds" to "peeing away the pounds"
There ya go! Now I'd like to see the little emoticon that would go with that!

Last edited by Eliana; 09-30-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:43 PM   #12  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Yup walking back and forth to the potty all day long is exercise, so the combo of being "EUROPEAN" (your a pee-in) & walking to the bathroom will most definitely = WEIGHTLOSS!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:48 PM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I've always been a big pee-r. But there are days when I am *this close* to going out there and buying myself a catheter.

But I'm not complaining (well maybe just a little ), I know good things are happening...
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I had a dyslexic moment reading the title. Thought it said weight loss and RUINation!!!!!!!

Now back to your regularly scheduled program. . .
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #15  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
An obesity researcher once explained to me that when fat cells empty out (the fat is burned for energy), sometimes the cells fill up with water. The net result is no change on the scales and we get frustrated because we think nothing is happening. When, in fact, wonderful things can be happening in our bodies -- losing fat, gaining muscle -- that don't show up on the scale right away since stupid scales measures everything in our bodies, not just fat.
WOW!!! That makes so much sense now. Thanks!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote