Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:30 PM   #1  

Default eDiets

Been there done alot so now time to try out eDiets.

I started out in 5/4 with Diet-2-Go for about 10 weeks and lost 19 first month and then about 5 the next 5 weeks. I was on the Low Carb plan so after 10 weeks my body desperately needed a change. So I switched to Biggest Loser Meal Plan under Bistro MD. Plan was great did it for 5 weeks and then on 8/18 was told that weeks shipment was the last shipment of Biggest Loser Meal Plan under BistroMD. Stuck around to try the full BistroMD plan and it was good as before no complain other than after about 7 weeks did not see alot of food rotations. I was hopeing after doing the full Plan that the variety would change. Long story short in the 12 weeks with them lost about 4 first month and I think another 4 1/2 the next month.

So time for another change and decided to try again the Biggest Loser Meal Plan but this time wiith eDiets. So here I am doing research to start the ordering process and start out after my final box gets delivered by Bistro...funy as I type this I just got my FedEx tracking # from them and it is slated to arrive on Fri

So if anyone is currently on the program please share your thoughts. Good or Bad. Either you are doing the BLMP with eDiets or just the regular eDiet plans. I plan on ordering this week to start out in the next week or two. I may take a week break between the two programs because of compnay that I will have in town for a week. Wish me luck.

By the way here is the URL for their new program http://www.biggestlosermealplan.com/
tzoavva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #2  

Glad you started this Tzoavva!

I'm very leery of the customer service experience I had in signing up, but I am hoping the food makes up for all of that. It looks delicious. I will be getting my first order the week of October 11th. I will tell you that the rep I spoke to said that it's not a good idea to let the food freeze (they claimed that this was the reason they don't use dry ice). I asked her if they could throw in some extra gel packs since I am nervous about not using dry ice for ground service food delivery, and she said they won't do that because they do not want the food to freeze. Just letting you know this because the food may not taste so hot once it's been frozen, if she is correct (I know you said you might be freezing your first week). You can pick the day and week it is delivered. I had mine put off for that reason (because I have too much food stockpiled right now).

Anyway fingers crossed! If things don't work out, I will just head back to Bistro (I love their customer service, and will really miss Jessica, Adrian and Darlene). I hope I made the right decision. I guess I will know soon enough!

Editing to say that I just got my last Bistro shipment, and everything is absolutely identical to what I got last week expect for a Shrimp bowl, and a chili (and one meal's plastic was torn and exposed to air so I threw it out). Depressing to say the least. That's 6 weeks of the same food again and again and again. What a waste of money. I was so hoping this last shipment would at least have some variety to get me through. Ugh....

Getting a little spooked.....I wish I had read this first. Well I already placed my first order, but I echo what they are saying about customer service. In fact it scared me so much so that I nearly canceled when I was on the phone with them. I'm not going to go into all the details, but trust me, it was bizarre. Now I'm worried. Darn I wish Bistro had the newer foods now instead of later. Shoot. I hope others currently on eDiets can share some perspective on this. Biggest Loser is so new through eDiets that I can't find a thing online when it comes to reviews, however it is the same company that these people are referring to in the link. Please tell me you are having no problems and that they don't keep charging your card after you cancel etc. Boy do I have all the luck. Awww man. I am seeing a lot of cooking in my near future. I don't know whether to laugh or scream.

http://www1.epinions.com/eDiets_--_e...nion_list#list

Last edited by Lisa1978; 10-01-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Lisa1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:35 AM   #3  

Lisa thanks for posting Link I have read some past reviews about ediets and their customer service aspect always comes up. So I am not expectinig alot. Since I need a one week gap from Bistro to ediets (due to out of town guests) I am thinking it is wise to order it now and get it and freeze it. This way if it doesn't come I can make alternate plans and in tiime to start up the week of the 18th.

The one good thing I do with online purchases I generate a one time Credit Card # from my Credit Card (excellent feature they have). This way I specify how much exactly he can charge. Once the make the initial charge to that # only that same company can recharge the account if I have released funds. So if things don't work out I can cancell the one time # as well as cancell with lets say ediets. Even if they try to charge me they will not if I close the one time account. This feature my credit card company has is great, you may want to check with yours as well.

Anyway off I go to read the rest of the reviews.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:00 AM   #4  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

For all those considering this diet, you may want to read their Better Business Bureau (unfortuantely cannot post links yet), but the company is based out of Fort Lauderdale FL. They get a "D" rating Seems there are hundreds of complaints against them from food not being fresh (veggies limp and brown and meat tough and gross).

Hope this helps.
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #5  

Thank you both so much for the additional information. Actually I think I know what you are talking about Tzoavva. My BOFA has something like that, but I never signed up for it (should have....will look into it now). Darn, I wish I had seen all of this before I signed up. I knew there were some customer service issues, but not to the extent I am seeing now (and yesterday was crazy crazy crazy with them)! Nobody can answer a simple question, and then they all give these canned answers that differ from each other! My head was spinning. To be totally honest, I got so spooked that I canceled this morning. My gut feeling was to run and never look back. I kept trying to fight that feeling I was getting (and that was just from my own experience before reading all of this), but now I am full on freaked out here. I emailed them and gave them complete feedback on what I experienced with their reps yesterday, and asked that my order be canceled (its two weeks out anyway). If the people are right at Epinions.Com, I may not be able to stop the shipment or the billing even though it was not to be delivered for two weeks. I see that they have already placed an authorization against my card that shows as temporary right now.

Yikes.......

So frustrated..

I asked if Darlene could drop me a line when they get their new foods in at Bistro because I love love love their customer service. I hated leaving them. They are so sweet and so helpful and the food is good (just not the same food week in and week out). I guess I will have to figure something else out for a while until Bistro gets in more variety.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:14 AM   #6  

As Bill Murray said in Ghostbusters....Mother Pusbucket!!!!!

216 complaints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post the link for you before I go hang myself.....

http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florid...le-fl-23000167

Why would NBC place their reputation in these peoples hands? Bistro was such a class act! Wow! I have a feeling that NBC will be making yet another change this time next year.....
Old 10-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #7  
I'm a SWIMMER!

This quote is from Ediets:

"Customers must read and understand the terms and conditions of membership, which are prominently displayed in the sales funnel. Customers must affirmatively agree to the company's terms prior to purchasing a membership with ediets. Membership may be canceled at any time, however cancellation will become effective at the end of the Billing Period in which you call or email to cancel. If you cancel your membership before the end of the third 28-day billing cycle, an early termination fee of $25.00 will be charged."
Old 10-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #8  

Yeah I saw that in the fine print after I spent 15 minutes trying to find an email address for them. Talk about strong arming a customer! I suppose Vinnie will be showing up at my door any moment with some rope and handcuffs.....

BIG mistake on my part...BIG....HUGE.......(shaking my head in disgust).....
Old 10-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #9  

Lisa did you sign up for the Biggest Loser Meal Plan with ediets or just the regular program. Even though ediets is the supplier keep in mind the agreement under Bigges Loser Meal Plan may be different. I just read the agreement and the only thing it says is he first week is not refundable and there isi no 25$ charge for early termination. I am goiing to give them a shot and see how it goes. Since I was planning to do one week and put a hold for one week and then start again this will work out great. If the order that comes in isi so bad I will just cancell completely since my card will be a one time card I can restrict the funds and will see how it goes. I will see if I still have time order for next week delivery.

I know I must be crazy to give them a try but I figure it is worth a shot to get my own opiniioin either good or bad. I know there are alot of bad reviews but I also have read several good ones as well (deffinately less for sure). I figure if NBC dropped Bistro and went with them they have to have some good agreement in place. We will see.

Last edited by tzoavva; 10-01-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:53 PM   #10  

update just called them and asked what their cancelatiion policy is. Lady said 4 weeks minimum if you cancell before that there is a $99 fee/penalty I said no thanks and hung up. Sorry 99 to cancell after one week if I find out it sucks is not kosher with me. That so sucks.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:37 AM   #11  

I hear you Tzoavva. I am actually very upset over all of this. First of all, the disclaimers they have with the hidden fees, and stuff like that are not easy to find. I don't know where their supposed "sales funnel" is, but if they wanted us to know these policies, they should display them in big bold letters, just as they do their menu and all the other things that pertain to their program! I went to their biggest loser site, and its almost like a maze that just keeps circling around and around again. It was not even easy to find an email address for crying out loud (and I do a lot of shopping online)! I did not sign up through the site. I used the telephone number provided and never received an email confirmation or anything from them. I had to go searching for an email address. I finally clicked on a tiny link at the very bottom of the page that most do not even see or bother with as it shows the web designers link, and so forth in very tiny print. There and only there, do you get the real story (I must admit I looked and looked and saw nothing about a $99 cancellation fee with a four week minimum)! I looked under terms, and saw nothing there about this! I was dying reading what you wrote just now because I asked the nutty rep I spoke to about cancellations, and she said that I just needed to do so before the cut off date for the following week. She never told me that there was a four week minimum ever!

She never mentioned a cancellation fee! I've heard rumblings of a $25.00 fee, but $99.00 with a four week minimum! My God! To be honest, this is the first I have heard of THAT! I went back to read the fine print again, and still I do not see this anywhere. I did see the nasty bit about your first week not being refundable, but what you have shared is spooky. Did you get that from an eDiets rep or from a Biggest Loser rep (same company but they are running their programs differently)? I can't believe that NBC would be cool with such unorthodox, heavy handed, sleazy dealings like these with a company associated with their name, and a program they feature on television! This is pure sleaze here. I feel so dirty from all of this, that I need to take another shower here!

I've been trying to cancel my membership since Thursday evening. They are not returning any of my emails telling them to please cancel, and the wait times on hold have been nuts. The links they send you for live chat are a scam. Nobody is ever there to do live chat!

What a freaking nightmare!

Incredibly disappointed and horrified.

Editing to say that I just spoke to a supervisor who was sorry for everything I have gone through, and promises to cancel me out, and that I will receive no fees or anything. He says that my authorization should be temporary only, and that my card will not be hard charged. I guess time will tell, but it scares me that I ever gave it to them to begin with. The whole thing creeps me out now.

He did mention that $99.00 fee thing you brought up when I broached the subject of scary fees and things that made me uncomfortable that I had read about online from former members. He said that the $99.00 fee would not have applied to me anyway because I did not get 15% off (I had no idea there was a bigger discount available). He said that I would have had to be on some 15% off thing with a four week minimum. All sounds Greek to me. Too much confusion. At least I have him to go to if they do end up charging me something. What a bloody mess.......

I will have to wing it a bit until Bistro gets in some new foods. I may do a week here and there of Jenny Craig or Diet To Go's Low Carb only (not so hot about their fat free plan) to pass some time. There are some meals I loved on Jenny, but they are the frozen meals only (hate that Nasa food). I could live on JC's delicious French Toast With berries or their Chicken Fajita's that you stir fry in a pan.

I am totally getting a chocolate bar today! Either that or a large creamy Starbucks Frappe! Momma mia......

Oy veys mir!!!!

Last edited by Lisa1978; 10-02-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #12  

Lisa I actually called up last night believe it or not before i posted my note at 11pm i called the phone # on the biggest loser meal plan site. I got this lady on the phone that it was obvious that she was reading a script and wasn't really waiting to hear my responses cause she asked if I had done a meal delivery plan before and I said yes I did the BLMP but with Bistro and she went on to the next question stating how great their program was and blah blah blah and I stopped her to ask the cost per day and she was caught off guard and had to look for the daily price she finaly gave me the price same as the website buttttt the shipping cost was only $13 not the 25 listed on the site I thought hmmmm so I asked her is there a minimum amount of weeks for the program and she said 4 and started to say how great the program was and you have to follow it several weeks so i stopped her again and said what is the penelty if you stop after a week she goes if you stop anytiime before the 4 weeks there iis a $99 fee I reiterated the number and she said yes. I said ok thats all I wanted to hear and she asked what is preventiing me from signing up. I said well if I try a program for one week and don't like it and have to pay $99 to get out of it then it isn't worth my time to try it and said thanks and hung up. I am going to try again to call this morning to see if another rep says the same. Will let you know.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #13  

He Tzoavva....see my update (edit) above. Apparently they suck you into 4 week minimum if you get their 15% off deal (which I was never even offered). If you do their regular 10% off promotion, there is no $99.00 fee. You would need a bloody attorney to wade through their waters! The supervisor also admitted that they really do record all calls, and play them back to the customer, if the customer later states that they were not told about any fees.

All I can say is run! Seriously run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad bad bad.....really bad. Did I happen to mention bad......

Let me know how you make out...
Old 10-02-2010, 11:35 AM   #14  

I just got off the phone with a German accent speakinig lady called Anna she offered me at first $25.50 day (including shipping and handling) and when I asked about any commitments she offered me the 10% for life for 19.75 day. I asked her is there any penalty cancelation fees she said no. So I said if after week 2 and before week 3 being charged if I cancelled would there be any penalty and she retierated no.

So I am tossing the idea to try them out. Of course using my one time card so they can't charge me more then what I want. I like the fact the record you so they can play you back so this way if you ask them all he questions up front and make the commitment they shouldn't be able to squirm their way ou.

ok just read the post you updated that you spoke to a supervisor and they cancelled you out. Glad you were able to do that. Deffinately consider gettiing that one ime card deal from you credit card. It is a life savor trust me. Especially with these types of situatiions and also siince you do online business you don't want your credit card stolen if the company gets hacked trust me this happend more offten then one thinks. So cover your on a$$ by doing so. Oh torn about about what to do. I really want to give them at least a try since Biggest Loser is backing them up. I mean wiih 19.75 a day if there is no penalty/commitmen how bad can it be. Other than the shipment comes hot and I just say screw the whole thing.

Torn what to do.

Last edited by tzoavva; 10-02-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #15  
I'm a SWIMMER!

I always follow my "gut" and right now it's a pretty big one! My momma had a sayin, "if if looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it's a DUCK!" Biggest Loser clearly didn't drop Bistro MD for lack of quality nor quantity...perhaps it was Bistro that dropped Biggest Loser. In the end...this is "Corporate America"...it's all about dollars and cents...not necessarily quality.

Like a relationship...when you're already fighting on the first date...this is usually not a good sign that you will have a long term happy relationship. I mean from what I've read, it seems that Ediets prices keep changing...too much haggling makes me wonder about the quality. Not saying that Bistro MD is for you, but you don't want to trade in "filet mignon" for a lousy cheesburger for relatively the same price either. Given the customer service experience...Ediets is looking more and more like that cheeseburger!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 10-02-2010 at 12:27 PM.