View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #14
Lindsey79

S/C/G: 199/194/152

Height: 5'9"

Thanks everyone for all the feedback---I really appreciate it. I'm definitely going to keep my goal fluid as seeing all this variation from you all helps me stay realistic rather than getting stuck on some number. I'd say that I have a light to medium frame -- I used to think I was large framed, but I do have rather delicate wrists and reasonable ankles, you just don't see it as much when I am heavier as my weight distributes rather evenly. I was just carrying so much weight that I figured it must be in part to a large frame --- it was quite a revelation for me to just go, nope, you're just fatter than you realized (it's like you think you're only 20-30 lbs over weight and it's quite startling when you realize it's closer to 50). But I also know that I have a decent amount of muscle -- pretty muscular in the legs area, even when I'm thinner so I think that may account for a slight higher weight amount per size ratio. I definitely have to wear "curvier" cuts in jeans no matter what size I am -- As an aside, if you're looking for good curvy girl jeans, I love Joe's Jeans in Muse and Honey (Honey is a little lower cut in the waistband where Muse is more normal, even though they call it high waist---it's not high waist, just normal). I've never been an expensive jeans person, but after my sister introduced me to them, I've never gone back. Just saved up to buy them because they may my butt look fabu!

I'm thinking a size six should happen somewhere around 150-155, but I'll remember to keep the idea fluid and let you know how it all works out. Thanks so much!