Old 09-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Default Feeling sick... all the time

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'm down to my last 10 lbs or so and for the last 2.5 weeks, I just don't feel good. Some meals make my stomach hurt, every day I have a couple moments where I get dizzy (like getting out of bed) and generally just don't feel great. It got especially bad two sundays ago and I had a yogurt to see if the probiotics would help and I felt better that day but it's come back since then.

I've had a busy couple weeks and have had a few off plan choices but nothing BAD. It feels like i'm growing intolerant to other foods which isn't very sustainable in the long run. After the first week, I thought it would pas, but now i'm getting worried. The center is just pulling the whole "well, eating on plan is important" or "perhaps we need to change menus to get dairy in your diet". But in any case, I'm worried I've been doing this too long and I'm tempted to start stabilization now and work on the last 10 lbs on my own.

Anyone else experienced anything like this? I've been on plan for 7.5 months.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My doctor told me when people lose a lot of weight they also can lose vitamin stores in their body- do you take a multivitamin? You may be low on vitamin D- I was and I started taking a daily multivitamin and the dizziness and fatigue and ocassional nausea went away.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #3  

Thanks for the advice, I do take the MRC daily multi, fish oils, b6, iron, CoQ10, plus MSM and MRC6.

I will look into the vitamin D and I'm going to find a primary care physician and have a blood panel done. At this point, I'm feeling like I need to get off the diet, but it kills me to think of giving up 10 lbs early.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

There are many, many ways to lose weight - this isn't the only one. I'm wondering if your body is telling you to slow down and lose the 1-2lbs/week through healthy eating and exercise. I don't look at this as giving up; I look at it as making the best choice for your body. I know that when my body is about to give up a few pounds, I feel exhausted and dizzy for a couple of days, then BOOM, I lose. But 2 weeks is not good. By all means, go with what your doc says.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 219/161/155

Height: 5'6"

Sorry that you don't feel well and you're so close to goal. I started stabilazation with ten pounds left. I kind of lost my drive, motivation, and boredom was starting to set in. I started on program in January and this far have lost over 50+ pounds.
I did start wanting other foods so stabilization has helped me. I've lost about 4 pound since then and I feel much better. As you know, with stabilzation a new food is introduced every week. Some weeks I really don't care for the food--corn so I don't eat it. I was very happy when dairy was introduced back in my diet. I can now have two servings of dairy every day which is a definate plus.
I don't eat as much food as allowed because I don't want to eat that much anymore. I do eat a few things off program but the weight is very good.
What I think is making a difference is my exercise routine. I'm working out about four-five days a week. Even though I've just lost 4 pounds, my BMI has improved.
I'm glad that I started stabilization when I did. I felt like everything was "new" again and eating some of the old familar good foods felt great.
Good luck with your decision and I hope that you're not having anymore problems.
thinknthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #6  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

its entirely possible youve made your body sensitive to dairy and gluten/wheat sugar/fat, all that stuff...

feeling so run down is an OBVIOUS warning sign that your body is stressed from undereating for so long..... many of us dont get such large, red flags until its too late.
Not trying to pry here, but how has your menstrual cycle been lately? That is another sign tat your body just cant take this stress.....the starvation, the hormones being outta whack, low carbs, etc.....
its been over one year now since i stopped menstruating (caused by being on the MRC diet) and i still havent got my period back, . I lost the weight, but at what cost? My doctor told me i might not be able to have anymore children ( i only have one, and im not even 30!)
I think your body might need a break.....
its been over one year now and i still havent got my period back
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:50 PM   #7  

So my lab results are back from my doctor and it turns out my liver levels are extremely high along with my iron and my B12 levels.

My Doctor has requested I stop taking everything beyond my doctor prescribed medications (all supplements) and is running additional tests.

She's concerned that the supplements I've been taking for such a prolonged period of time has exhausted my liver. So I think this makes the decision for me, I'm going to the center today to get my stabilization menu and will tackle my last 10 lbs once i'm feeling better and by body gets a chance to recover (assuming none of the other tests my doctor does says something else is going on).

My recommendation to you all, make sure you're having your annual checkup/ blood work done by your doctor at least once while you're on program to make sure everything is cool. I probably should have done that sooner.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Just curious...what all were you taking?
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #9  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
So my lab results are back from my doctor and it turns out my liver levels are extremely high along with my iron and my B12 levels.

My Doctor has requested I stop taking everything beyond my doctor prescribed medications (all supplements) and is running additional tests.

She's concerned that the supplements I've been taking for such a prolonged period of time has exhausted my liver. So I think this makes the decision for me, I'm going to the center today to get my stabilization menu and will tackle my last 10 lbs once i'm feeling better and by body gets a chance to recover (assuming none of the other tests my doctor does says something else is going on).

My recommendation to you all, make sure you're having your annual checkup/ blood work done by your doctor at least once while you're on program to make sure everything is cool. I probably should have done that sooner.
WOW!!! Thanks for letting us know. I hope that all the other tests come back fine & that you start feeling better soon. Keep us posted!!!
Good luck!!
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Yikes, scary. So glad you went in before you did permanent damage. I have dropped off to about 1/3 of the supplements I was taking. It just seemed excessive to take 3-4 B12's when 1 has 2000% of the RDA. Good news is that you know how to lose the weight and you already exercise, so I'm sure you will lose that last 10! Please stay on the board - we would love to hear more from you!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #11  

My blood work was awful also -- liver function too. I've told you all before, my doctor HATES this plan and HATES that I did it and am doing it again. He said it was too much protein and with extreme restrictions, the chance of keeping the weight off later were poor. (I didn't take their supplements), it's harder for your body to process all the protein according to him. My cholesterol also went up while on plan (and I had NEVER had cholesterol above 160 in my whole life before). It's hard for me to give up, because this is the only program I've tried where I lost so much weight. (and I've tried lots of them) So I guess it's a conscientious choice we must all make. But I have to agree that you should be followed by your physician and have your blood work done, then follow up. The follow-up is important, because all blood work is, is a picture of your body at that exact moment ... it could be different every time you do it, so doing it while fasting, at the same time a month or two later will give you a better idea.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #12  

Thanks everyone for the support. My doctor has no problem with the program, she said it looks like a very healthy way of eating and is glad it's not Adkins-like where you can get all your protein from bacon and call that 'healthy'.

As for the supplements I've been on, here's the list:
- multi
- 25mg iron a day
- MSM
- MRC6
- B6
- CoQ10
- Enhancer
- HNS's

My doctor asked me to stop taking all of them including the HNS's because anything that's not a completely whole food is harder for the liver to deal with and since it's already showing signs of distress, even the HNS's are a bad idea.

I went to the center last night and they said there are only two weight loss menus that don't include the HNS's, 1) Pre-conditioning and 2) "meals made easy" which is like a $99 thing for a nutritionist to put together. I'm going to stay on preconditioning for a bit and see how that goes. Part of the problem is i've gained 5lbs this past week because of whats going on, so I'm afraid to just start stabilization, because I actually want to stabilize first.

I have a bunch of weight loss weeks left on the books and I would like to sort of put them on hold, start stabilization and then come back to use them later. My doctor said I'll be off supplements for a full 3 months to let everything catch back up and then can add one supplement at a time one month apart from each other, so it sounds like that will be a while. I'm also flirting with the idea of doing stabilization and then do just a basic calorie counting diet for the last 15 lbs.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #13  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the support. My doctor has no problem with the program, she said it looks like a very healthy way of eating and is glad it's not Adkins-like where you can get all your protein from bacon and call that 'healthy'.

As for the supplements I've been on, here's the list:
- multi
- 25mg iron a day
- MSM
- MRC6
- B6
- CoQ10
- Enhancer
- HNS's

My doctor asked me to stop taking all of them including the HNS's because anything that's not a completely whole food is harder for the liver to deal with and since it's already showing signs of distress, even the HNS's are a bad idea.

I went to the center last night and they said there are only two weight loss menus that don't include the HNS's, 1) Pre-conditioning and 2) "meals made easy" which is like a $99 thing for a nutritionist to put together. I'm going to stay on preconditioning for a bit and see how that goes. Part of the problem is i've gained 5lbs this past week because of whats going on, so I'm afraid to just start stabilization, because I actually want to stabilize first.

I have a bunch of weight loss weeks left on the books and I would like to sort of put them on hold, start stabilization and then come back to use them later. My doctor said I'll be off supplements for a full 3 months to let everything catch back up and then can add one supplement at a time one month apart from each other, so it sounds like that will be a while. I'm also flirting with the idea of doing stabilization and then do just a basic calorie counting diet for the last 15 lbs.

Wishing you all the best and much much wisdom as you "sort out" the best approach to being the healthy person you initially set out to be! Sometimes a change in the plan can really work to your advantage!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 313/Going down/175

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'm down to my last 10 lbs or so and for the last 2.5 weeks, I just don't feel good. Some meals make my stomach hurt, every day I have a couple moments where I get dizzy (like getting out of bed) and generally just don't feel great. It got especially bad two sundays ago and I had a yogurt to see if the probiotics would help and I felt better that day but it's come back since then.

I've had a busy couple weeks and have had a few off plan choices but nothing BAD. It feels like i'm growing intolerant to other foods which isn't very sustainable in the long run. After the first week, I thought it would pas, but now i'm getting worried. The center is just pulling the whole "well, eating on plan is important" or "perhaps we need to change menus to get dairy in your diet". But in any case, I'm worried I've been doing this too long and I'm tempted to start stabilization now and work on the last 10 lbs on my own.

Anyone else experienced anything like this? I've been on plan for 7.5 months.

Hi.

I've been on MRC for a year, lost 70 lbs and about 70 to go. I also had high liver enzymes found in a blood test. I stopped taking all MRC supplements, but, also had my arthritis medicine changed. I don't know what did it, but, my levels went back to normal.

My Dr.'s all know I'm doing MRC and are very supportive, one even writing a letter of support for the program to see if my health insurance will pay for it. Perhaps it's because I have other health issues and they know that having the weight off will help, however I do it.

Good luck to you, I hope you start feeling better and get to your goal.
nepeanut is offline   Reply With Quote