Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: September 27- October 3

New Pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good morning everyone.

Well, we're all still here this week, I hope! There's nothing like a high school reunion to drive the point home. Sandra, thanks for the compliment. I had more conversations with men about weight than I did with women. There was one male friend there who has gained 100 pounds who wanted to talk about it. As I thought about it, I realized that I had, at one point, been almost 100 pounds more than in high school. I told him that and encouraged him just to get started and get ready for the 50th reunion in 3 years. I'm going to reach out to him and see if wants to talk about it more.

But, Chickies, get Sandra to tell you about the really cool belt she was wearing that she said she hadn't been able to wear for a while. Lookin' good!

I'm going to have a quick breakfast and go to dance aerobics at 8:30.

BBL

Last edited by Tejas; 09-27-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #3  

I am sorry I have been off the board for a few weeks.
I am going to catch up with everyone today..

Sloan.. Happy late birthday ..I know it is a hard one ...
We had a sermon yesterday about men being engaged
dads and I thought about the stories you have told us
about your dad.. He was amazing !!

I am going to get serious about my eating this week.
I have gained 2-3 pounds in just a few weeks.
I am going to try a fiber drink about 15 minutes before meals
and try to stay core/south beach for my meals.
Also I am going to start at the YMCA and stop over analyzing
the exercises & JUST DO IT .... I am going to start with the treadmill
& a few weight machines for abs,arms & chest... Then when I am used to those machines I will add a few at a time .

Last edited by nancy237; 09-27-2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: grammer
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone.

Sloan, happy belated birthday. I'm so sorry about your dad. I lost my dad in 2005 and I know how hard things have to be for you right now.

Nancy, I'm doing core/sbd too. Been doing 30 minutes on my treadmill. My dr. doesn't want me doing any weight lifting due to my coronary artery spasms. Haven't seen any loss, but it's only been less than a week since I got serious.

Tejas, were you in Canada? I seem to remember the sisters, one in Texas and the other was going to retire and moved to Texas.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #5  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had some grocery shopping to do and than I got involved with some of the choir members I met in the supermarket. We are having rehearsal problems as the director wants to have choir practice right after the 9AM daily Masses and most of the woman can't make it.We want our practice to stay on Thursday afternoon at 3.So we'll see what happens when we meet again at church on Sunday.

Otherwise nothings new,its going to rain some time the afternoon so I'll be on my trusty bike for 45 min.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up as usual.I think more men are more complimentary than woman as woman I think are a little more envious than men are. You're doing really great with your weight now that you have Tod as a trainer. Maybe I should look for a personal trainer,but first I'm going to take up Tai Jei at the senior center to get some stretching for me neck/shoulder area before I work on the rest of my body.

NANCY-What fiber drink are you going to use. I heard that the SB uses Metamucil.You'll lose those 2-3 lbs in no time. You're lucky you have a Y near you,right now I have to depend on the senior center for exercising as our curves burned down and never rebuilt.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #6  

Pam, yes, I was in Toronto. I moved to Texas in December '09, after retiring. Sandra and I are cousins by marriage, and "sisters" in spirit!

Nancy, it's a really good idea not to overanalyze..."just do it" is the operative phrase here...just move, move, move..

Todd just cancelled today's session, so what that means is that I will go out to the gym anyway and lift weights on my own. I can do a lot without him now.

Last edited by Tejas; 09-27-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages--and for the wonderful compliment. I wish we lived closer, but at least we get to see each other every now and then. That's really nice of you to help your ex-classmate with his weightloss journey. Maybe you could get him to join us here. I remember we had a male here a few years ago. Also, there was on young man at OA last time I went. He's already lost over 30 pounds in 30 days. Men lose so fast when they get started, don't they?

JoJo, welcome back. I missed you, my friend. I always enjoy reading your witty posts. You'll have to tell us some of the things you did on your trip. I'm all ears. Or is that "all eyes"?

Nancy, Rhonda's right. Just hop back on the wagon. You'll be fine.

Vickie, where are you? Did you go to JC today? Are you and Jim out having fun?

Pam, it's so good to have you back here. Where in KY do you live? We drove through last July going to Hamilton, OH for an archery championship. Beautiful state! (and lots of Crackerbarrels)

Maryann, you ladies stand firm. If none of you could go right after Mass, then he'd have to leave choir practice as is.

I began a new eating plan today. It's called HOW. It's one of the programs that Overeaters Anonymous offers. It's a lot like CORE just stricter on portions and no potatoes as well as a few other differences. So far so good. I'm 2/3 into Day 1 of this but am on Day 111 being abstinant from sugar. Life is good.

Last edited by ontarget; 09-27-2010 at 04:52 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:01 PM   #8  

Sandra for being sugar free!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:47 AM   #9  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

It's really nice to be back girls. Isn't it funny, we've never met but I feel I know you all and I missed posting every morning.

Glad the reunion went well Tejas. We have a nursing reunion every 10 years, but we are getting a few less every time. 3 have died, one was killed by her husband and the story was in all the papers over here a few years ago. My old friend has recently returned to the UK from working overseas and we eventually met up at the last reunion. I turned to her and said ' Tell me straight now Di; Do I look as old and wrinkled as these old ladies here?' Without stopping to take breath she replied: 'No way Jo! You even had a fat face when you were a size 10'... I like to think that there was a compliment in there somewhere

Have a good day everyone. We are having our garden fence renewed today. It's not a huge garden and it will cost £880 for a small fence... At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:55 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone:

Jojo, with those prices you should be living in London! I love your friend's compliment! I must say that I was shocked at how some of my high school compatriots have aged. One woman, whose husband has barely survived a disfiguring cancer on his face (he's a few years older, but same school) has aged decades in just a few years. The stress is written all over her. But, he is alive and she said the most wonderful things about their journey.

The area I'm from is still mostly rural and a lot of people have been farmers or otherwise worked outside and the ravages of the weather have left their mark also.

I am still 6 pounds over what is posted, but I'm really dedicated to losing that and more by Christmas. I don't think I told you that there is a chance I'm going to dance in a program, so now I really really want to be smaller! If you're curious about the dance group, just go to Google and type in "Syncopated Ladies Denton" and watch a class and a performance (not long).

I ate about 1500 calories yesterday. I didn't go to the gym after all so I kept the calories on the low side. I have a NSV. I made turkey and (boxed) dressing and potatoes at DH's request and all I had was turkey and 1/2 cup of potatoes. I tasted the dressing and thank goodness I didn't like it!

I've got a busy day here, stained glass class and registering voters at one of the local universities.

I hope each of you has a great day!

Rhonda
Old 09-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #11  
beachbum

HI Ladies

Hope it doesn't rain like they promised as I want to get down to the beach & get some walking done.When down at the beach I met my friend and we walked & Talked for 20 mins. This afternoon IO going on my bike for another 20.

Going to my walking group tomorrow and there where you walk for 45- 1hr and have a good walkout.

SANDRA-That's what we are going to do, next Sunday. The directer will have to change her mind if she wants to have a choir.

JOJO-Welcome back, missed your post also.I think that the worst to have a reunion and find that your friends are gone. Never went to my reunion as our neighborhood turned bad,and no one would go. The canceled and never rescheduled.

RHONDA-I have faith in your you're probably lose the rest and even more with all the dedication you put into the diet and exercising.

Have to go my dinner is ready have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #12  

I enjoy reading about our amazing group...
Everyone has such interesting things going on.
Maryanne ..I feel like if I had the beach nearby I would walk a lot more..
I would probably retire near the beach , but Robin dislikes it..
I just need to find some friends for day trips since it is only 2 hours from me.

I am going radical at the moment...I am so disgusted that I have been trying to lose 10-15 pounds for years . I lose 2 and then gain 3 back.
I am going to try to do fiber drinks (benefiber) at meal time and just
100 to 200 calories afterwards of protein. Yesterday I only ate 2 eggs,
1 yogart, 1 blackbean burger & one piece of cheese. I really wasn't hungry
either. I know this isn't healthy so I only plan to do this a few weeks
(if I can stick with it) to hopefully see a few pounds drop quicky.

After that I may do the same thing with some fruits & veggies added in.
I started my exercises yesterday ....
I am feeling better & adjusting to my empty nest, but my older son has the flu so that makes me wish he were here to take care of.
He is trying to see the doctor today and get Tamiflu ...

Sloan..hope you are feeling better...

I am procrastinating on getting a job because I know once I start I will be working the next 5 years ... Every week I think ..just one more week and then I will job hunt... I wish I could just retire and if we had not tried to start the business we did a few years back we probably would be able to...
I think I will enjoy it though because of being challenged and making new friends....
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Our group is amazing, isn't it? I, too, love reading all of the posts.

Nancy, thanks, I'm feeling better. It's just a process, I guess. I am irritated with myself, also. The same few pounds over and over. Have we talked about you looking for a job with a school system? I think it would be the best of both worlds for you. School schedule with no papers to grade!!!

Rhonda, I have not looked at the "dancing" site, but I plan to. You are so busy! How do you keep track of all of your activities?

Maryann, we are having chilly weather here. Hope you continue to have good "beach walking" weather.

Sandra, good luck with your new program. Keep us posted.

Jojo, welcome back! Sorry about your fence. That's such a steep price! Hopefully it will be exactly as you want it when it's done. How was your holiday?

Hey Vickie and the rest of you chickies! See ya later!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

JoJo, I feel like we've known each other a long time, too. Now as to that compliment: I call that a give and take compliment. Given with one hand and taken away with the other. That said, I think she really meant it as a compliment.

Rhonda, I am excited that you'll have a recital. Let me know time/date/location and maybe I can come. I'd love to see it. And thank you for the congratulations on my abstaining from sugar.

Maryann. I'm proud of you ladies for standing your ground.

Nancy, I think it's hard to "go back", too.

I love our group, too. Each day it's like we're all sitting around a table chatting. Life is good.

Nancy and sloan, I have been losing/gaining the same few pounds for a long time, too. Mine were around 200, though, but I know extra weight is not wanted no matter how much it is. You will both find what works best for you. Just look how well you've done already.

Vicki, I'm getting worried. Are you and Jim all right?

Got to go. "Biggest Loser" is coming on in a few minutes.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #15  

Yes, Vickie, where are you???