Old 09-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #1  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Default I'm hoping this will work

I've made the decision to give Atkins a second chance. I did induction for three weeks almost 3 years ago and then went nuts on on bread and just gave up. I didn't have a scale during this time so I don't know how it affected me weight-wise.

During that time I felt really good health wise and it was later on that I discovered I have a intolerance to gluten. I've cut out gluten since April of this year, and have been working out steadily since May (weight lifting for two months now). The whole month of September I have lost my motivation. I'm maintaining my weight, but I still have more to lose. Because I lift weights protein is essential and I find it hard to manage how many carbs I eat so I have a healthy balance.

I finally clued into the fact that I need an eating plan to follow so I can stay on track. I saw a lot of success with ideal protein which reminds me of a mix of atkins and la weight loss (atkins because of low carb, la weight loss due to the fact they make you buy their products). So I say no to that, I can't follow a diet program where they encourage me to buy products I am allergic to.

Thinking of that, I decided "Why don't I try Atkins again?" I've learnt how to work out, I've learned how to make good food choices, why not apply that to this program?

Today is grocery shopping so I'm planning ahead so I can start induction tomorrow.

I look forward to chatting with you guys and sharing our success and supporting each other Not looking forward to the withdrawals though, I had some gluten free pasta today and then threw the rest out so I'm not tempted. Good thing is that I don't eat gluten free breads too often as they are far too high calorie, haha.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #2  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I hope you'll post often.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:29 PM   #3  
Losing the baby weight

I frequent the forums daily, just never in this area. I'm hoping I can find other like minded individuals to help support me through this. One thing I love, is the website lists a meal plan to give ideas: http://www.atkins.com/TwoWeekMealPlan.aspx

It's really helping me write this grocery list and giving me some good ideas
Old 09-28-2010, 07:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I suggest checking out some low-carb recipe sites like genaw.com. There's some great meals on there like modified stuffed bell peppers and no-bean chili. Make sure you look for the * next to recipes. If there's a * next to it, it means you can eat it on induction. Good luck!
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:34 PM   #5  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

good stephanie, you have done really well already. I am envious of your weight, and salute your goal! Atkins will be a great way to achieve it, and you can find, when you need to up your carbs, that the carb ladder is the way to go long term on atkins, so you never need to diet again, but manage your weight through that. As Jersey girl says, read the BOOK again.
good luck, and visit us
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #6  

Best of luck to you!
Zaftig Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #7  
Losing the baby weight

Thanks guys! It's nice to know I have some partner's in crime over here I usually hang out in the general sections, and everyones doing something different but giving general support. fatmad, When I was your weight I was always jealous of those below me to, and when you get to my weight you'll be jealous of the next group hehe. It doesn't go away until you hit goal I'm guessing.

I went shopping and I got some stuff, I'm a little confused by the labelling and what I've seen online. My olives say they are zero carbs, same with my feta and I saw that they should have a small amount.

I wanna make sure I'm doing everything right! I've been doing a lot of reading today to refresh my memory on how to do all of this. It's better sounding than I remember, but I do eat better now anyways and I don't have to modify much with my eating habits. I'm excited, because the days I managed to get my carb intake down I always had a drop in weight after. I'm thinking that is the key to my stall in weight loss.

I'm having a whiskey and diet coke right now because today is my "Saturday" and I start tomorrow. I think it's a good way to say goodbye to alcohol for the next while

Last edited by StephanieM; 09-28-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:50 AM   #8  
All power is from within

S/C/G: 192/190/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post
I've made the decision to give Atkins a second chance. I did induction for three weeks almost 3 years ago and then went nuts on on bread and just gave up. I didn't have a scale during this time so I don't know how it affected me weight-wise.

During that time I felt really good health wise and it was later on that I discovered I have a intolerance to gluten. I've cut out gluten since April of this year, and have been working out steadily since May (weight lifting for two months now). The whole month of September I have lost my motivation. I'm maintaining my weight, but I still have more to lose. Because I lift weights protein is essential and I find it hard to manage how many carbs I eat so I have a healthy balance.

I finally clued into the fact that I need an eating plan to follow so I can stay on track. I saw a lot of success with ideal protein which reminds me of a mix of atkins and la weight loss (atkins because of low carb, la weight loss due to the fact they make you buy their products). So I say no to that, I can't follow a diet program where they encourage me to buy products I am allergic to.

Thinking of that, I decided "Why don't I try Atkins again?" I've learnt how to work out, I've learned how to make good food choices, why not apply that to this program?

Today is grocery shopping so I'm planning ahead so I can start induction tomorrow.

I look forward to chatting with you guys and sharing our success and supporting each other Not looking forward to the withdrawals though, I had some gluten free pasta today and then threw the rest out so I'm not tempted. Good thing is that I don't eat gluten free breads too often as they are far too high calorie, haha.
YES, it will work! I've tried everything and nothing works like Atkins. It's true that it should be a way of life and not a diet. I believe that now. I hope to never go back on all that sugary stuff, and if I need to I will take the time to find low carb recipes for my desserts and sweet tooth moments. Good luck!
onelife2live is offline   Reply With Quote