Old 09-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #1  
Rawk Star

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7

Talking I gotta share, and it has nothing to do with weight, but does have to do with wait.

Ok - I hate my job. Truly hate it, and have never really been in this predicament before. It's also the job where I broke through the glass ceiling and became the company's first woman VP. It hasn't been easy, fun or rewarding. I also believe the stress of the situation has been less than forgiving in regards to my health.

So, I quit. Two Fridays ago. Without having another job. But I've never been so relieved in my life of not having to deal with the totally uber condescending crapola I was dealing with. I'm excited in a number of ways in that I'm taking some time off - one of the biggest things I'm doing is jump starting a healthy routine, working out, and getting my diet into something that resembles health and not the local drive through, or out of a bag dining.

It's been hard - I guess you can say I'm a workaholic, so being off these past two weeks has made me see in excruciating detail that I don't know what to do with myself if I'm not under deadline, walking around an empty house. I guess you can see I'm having a few realizations I'm working through, but it's all good.

Also, I've put a couple of feelers out with the companies I worked with while at the "**** job" over the last couple of years, and I'm very happy with the results I'm getting. I have an interview tomorrow, and there's another person who is taking a job with a company this week as their CEO who has stated that he'd like me to come and work for him (and this would be the ideal for me as I really think I could learn a lot from him and how he works).

But the waiting... the waiting is killing me and I'm honestly not doing well during the day while at home. I'm doing a little consulting so that's breaking the lull but gah! I think my house is the cleanest it's ever been, and I've gone to the gym every day since I quit... so I am truly excited about that!

Did I mention the waiting was killing me? I'm ready to get back to work, keep up the habit of eating breakfast and lunch, and really continue to eat healthy(er)... I have a long way to go in this area in making sure I eat the "right" foods. ..

So I guess this is a ramble, but I've been dying to tell someone, and my DH (bless his little ol'heart) is tired of hearing it!! I think part of my excitement is that I know I'm finding my balance and every thing seems to be coming together and I'm damn ready to have it all So everyone keep their fingers crossed that I get exactly what I want!! (I'm so bad)
SassyPoppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

It'll workout! I wish I could afford to take a month or 2 off. I don't hate my job, just tired of working.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #3  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyPoppet View Post
Ok - I hate my job. Truly hate it, and have never really been in this predicament before. It's also the job where I broke through the glass ceiling and became the company's first woman VP. It hasn't been easy, fun or rewarding. I also believe the stress of the situation has been less than forgiving in regards to my health.

So, I quit. Two Fridays ago. Without having another job. But I've never been so relieved in my life of not having to deal with the totally uber condescending crapola I was dealing with. I'm excited in a number of ways in that I'm taking some time off - one of the biggest things I'm doing is jump starting a healthy routine, working out, and getting my diet into something that resembles health and not the local drive through, or out of a bag dining.

It's been hard - I guess you can say I'm a workaholic, so being off these past two weeks has made me see in excruciating detail that I don't know what to do with myself if I'm not under deadline, walking around an empty house. I guess you can see I'm having a few realizations I'm working through, but it's all good.

Also, I've put a couple of feelers out with the companies I worked with while at the "**** job" over the last couple of years, and I'm very happy with the results I'm getting. I have an interview tomorrow, and there's another person who is taking a job with a company this week as their CEO who has stated that he'd like me to come and work for him (and this would be the ideal for me as I really think I could learn a lot from him and how he works).

But the waiting... the waiting is killing me and I'm honestly not doing well during the day while at home. I'm doing a little consulting so that's breaking the lull but gah! I think my house is the cleanest it's ever been, and I've gone to the gym every day since I quit... so I am truly excited about that!

Did I mention the waiting was killing me? I'm ready to get back to work, keep up the habit of eating breakfast and lunch, and really continue to eat healthy(er)... I have a long way to go in this area in making sure I eat the "right" foods. ..

So I guess this is a ramble, but I've been dying to tell someone, and my DH (bless his little ol'heart) is tired of hearing it!! I think part of my excitement is that I know I'm finding my balance and every thing seems to be coming together and I'm damn ready to have it all So everyone keep their fingers crossed that I get exactly what I want!! (I'm so bad)

Wishing you all the best. I am sure you will find the wait a good thing and more power to you in recognizing that your situation wasn't good for you and just walking away. That takes real guts! So, More Power To You! Change is good and just around the corner! --Joy
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #4  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

geez, I wish I were in your shoes right now. I don't hate my job, but having time to clean and work out...wow...that would be heaven.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Oh man, I'm super proud of you....and wish I had your courage.

You'll find something great that won't make you miserable What an awesome opportunity.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/187/145

Height: 5.6

I hated my job too and i quit and started my own business with a frienda couple month ago .Thats the best decision i ever made (along with quitting smoking in the same breath lol) so now i get to work out every morning and i work in the afternoon and i just love it .

Hope everything work out for you ! don't be afraid of change!
Bree 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #7  
Leave shame behind

Height: 5'10"

That's great! Looks like the future is very bright for you! I quit the job I hated in May and haven't regretted it for a single moment since.
Kismet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #8  
Rawk Star

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I was really hesitant to do this, but am glad I have. Spending time with myself has been interesting haha.

Thanks ladies - everyone have a great day!
SassyPoppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #9  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Hi Sassy!

I was in a similar situation and I quit after working there for nearly 7 years. I am much happier and know my talents will be appreciated some where else.

Good luck and the wait is almost over!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote