Old 09-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #1  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Default mind lagging behind body?

I havent had this feeling in a long, long time - but I def did after I lost some of my first weight....

But has anyone else experienced the feeling of their mind lagging behind their body in quite grasping the weight loss? Ive dropped into the 130s for the first time ever in the last couple weeks and it *suddenly* hit me Friday - holy crap I feel tiny. It was almost startling.

Almost like I have a new toy - my body.

Haha. I keep feeling my thighs, or being surprised by how something looks or feels or fits. Pretty fun

I usually have the opposite problem - where I feel fatter than I should, instead of newly thin and accepting.
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #2  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I definitely feel fatter than I am most of the time. I have a hard time accepting the fact that I'm wearing clothes in a particular size.

Recently, however, I have hip bones. That is odd. When laying on my stomach I can feel my hip bones sticking out on the side. Its a weird feeling. Who knew there were bones under all that fat??

Do you have the "apron" of skin hanging down your waist? For me, I think that makes me look really fat. There is definitely fat there and I'm really hoping that if I get the body fat % low enough this will go away.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #3  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

*raises hand*
Right here! I'm still catching second and sometimes third galnces when I walk past a mirror or window and always with the "Seriously . . . thats me? Whats wrong with that mirror"
And I'll admit it, I totally stare at my legs when i'm lying down or driving LOL
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:51 PM   #4  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

I still get that quick stab of jealousy when I see someone posting who is a lower weight than I am - the "Oh I wish I were that weight" jealousy - and then I realize that I am that weight. My mind has me stuck somewhere around 180. I also don't recognize myself in store mirrors from across the room. Weird...
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:16 PM   #5  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Maybe I am weird - scratch that, I know I am weird. But I have the opposite problem. I have lost 50 pounds. I feel so good, so strong, my clothes are all loose and my body feels so strong and I am walking taller and taking longer strides.

Then I catch sight of my reflection - or I bump into something - and I realize that I'm still a great big beached manatee. I'm still so damn fat even though I've lost so much weight and feel so good.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

what carter said
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #7  
xty
bright hearted

matt_H: You are so funny with the hip bones! I have the most vivid memory of being at my highest weight, when my chronic back pain started 10 yrs ago, and laying on an xray table while some guy hopeless tried to find my damn hip bone! I actually wanted to die. And now they are the widest part of me and totally stick out.

And no, I luckily have no hanging skin issues. A little loose skin - it makes me look fatter than I am because the fat can sorta..move around? But considering the abuses to my skin I am amazed at the shape it is in. Should continue to improve for at least a year after the weight loss stops though.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I got through fits and starts. Sometimes, all of a sudden, I feel smaller... then my mind catches up and I feel big again. Honestly most days, I have trouble remembering that I was ever truly morbidly obese. The one thing I really notice is my thighs...When I walk around, I really notice how slim they are because they don't rub up against each other even a little bit.

Matt, I have an apron and it's JUST AWFUL. I look fairly slim all over, but my belly protrudes and has a rounded shape. I feel like no matter how much I lose that will never change.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #9  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchick View Post
I still get that quick stab of jealousy when I see someone posting who is a lower weight than I am - the "Oh I wish I were that weight" jealousy - and then I realize that I am that weight. My mind has me stuck somewhere around 180. I also don't recognize myself in store mirrors from across the room. Weird...
Oh, similarly in the morning when I weigh in, I jump for joy sometimes and I say aloud, "Finally 183, I mean 173, I mean 163!" LOL! It takes several decades to land on the right one.

I have a hard time with pictures still. I expect to hate them and am always amazed that I like them. As the picture is being taken I have immediate old feelings of being fat and I want to hide. Then I dread looking at the picture. And then I just stare at it in amazement.

Last edited by Eliana; 09-27-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #10  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Put it this way ... I'm surprised more people haven't caught me feeling myself up. Because at work, when I'm not working from home, I sit in a fairly private cubicle, near a window but nowhere near the aisle where people walk past. When someone comes back to talk with me, I usually jump because I don't expect them. I'm just waiting for them to walk in when I am rubbing & feeling the knob of my knee bone, or running my hands up & down my biceps & squeezing them a little, or feeling for my quad muscle on top of my upper thigh, or even running the flat of my hand over my stomach. I take such liberties: I should slap myself. This is the kind of thing that would get a girl in bad, bad trouble with her momma and grandma, if they caught her.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, I feel the same way that Carter does. Especially since I broke my toe on Sept. 3 and I'm STILL not exercising as I should be. Very frustrating and depressing.

Last edited by ChrissyBean; 09-28-2010 at 09:46 AM.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #12  
xty
bright hearted

saef - I actually just lold at work, everyone looked. You crack me up!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #13  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I had to take my granny to walmart to make a return. We were standing at the service desk and looked up and there was a tv. I though who is standing that close to my granny??? Then I looked again and noticed that lady was wearing the same outfit as me. It was me!!!! LOL i shock myself alot
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #14  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Oh absolutely. Generally I don't realize that I'm as skinny as I actually am. I still feel like a heavy person.

But every once in awhile I'll feel a bone that didn't use to be there or see a picture where I'm astonished at how different I look or anything of the sort. On my morning walk, I (very awkwardly) looked down at my side as I was walking. I kind of twisted my head so I was seeing a sideways view of my waist from the side, if that makes sense. And (again, awkwardly), I watched my waist and hips and thighs as I walked for a few steps. I was amazed at how little my body has become, lol. Where's the rest of me?
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #15  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Gosh, I have so been feeling this today. I've had a bad week weightloss wise (due to a ridiculous TOM for the first time in ages) and I feel fat as a bacon pig. Up til now I had been feeling gooooooood having lost nearly 70lbs. Isn't it strange how our brains have such a strong hold over us??
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote