Old 09-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/241/125

Height: 164cm

Default Dizziness after sugar?

Hey guys,

So this morning, I came down stairs still half alseep and without thinking poured myself some full sugar squash. Drank it, and then realised what I'd done!
It had 32g of carbs as sugars in it. Since then I've had a headache and have been getting the sweats and shakes. Is this normal? I figured it just might be from my body leaving ketosis, but its getting worse.
Crabcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #2  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb!

S/C/G: 350/ticker/200

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabcakes View Post
Hey guys,

So this morning, I came down stairs still half alseep and without thinking poured myself some full sugar squash. Drank it, and then realised what I'd done!
It had 32g of carbs as sugars in it. Since then I've had a headache and have been getting the sweats and shakes. Is this normal? I figured it just might be from my body leaving ketosis, but its getting worse.
Wow. That sounds scary. I've never experienced that after sugar. Have you eaten anything since...any protein? I get the shakes, sweats and headaches when I don't eat.
Simona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #3  

please be carefull. I did the low carb diet a few years back.. sure I lost 40 lbs . However I became hypoglycemic, and gave myself a siezure after eating one twizzler.. I woke up in the hospital. Unfortunately your simptoms are similar to what I had , but chose to ignore., figured it was just my body getting adjusted.
FERK34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabcakes View Post
Hey guys,

I would call your doctor and let him/her know!

A sugar bomb like that is actually really hard for our body to handle. It makes your liver etc work really hard to process it. Your insulin levels spike etc.

I would eat some protein to try and balance your blood sugar levels and drink some water.

This is why atkins calls for adding back carbs SLOWLY. You add fruit whole grains etc. Those are way easier on your body.

Sorry you dont feel well!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 249/241/125

Height: 164cm

Thanks guys, I just had a big protien dinner (mmm steak..) and a lot of water and I'm feeling a bit better now. Tho' I think I am going to the doctors on the morrow. Better to be safe than sorry
Crabcakes is offline   Reply With Quote