Old 09-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #1  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Default Need pep talk...self esteem issues...thanks

Hello, I have been on IP for 2 weeks. I am down 14.5 pounds, but have 60 more to go. I am talking bad to myself because I am so ashamed that I let my weight get so out of control. I ignored the pounds as they packed on. I can't stand to think about my number on the scale. I am very excited about my loss, but hate the actual number that I am at. I just need to focus on the future and all the losses ahead...just wondering if anyone else out there has experienced these feeling. thanks gang
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #2  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Hello, I have been on IP for 2 weeks. I am down 14.5 pounds, but have 60 more to go. I am talking bad to myself because I am so ashamed that I let my weight get so out of control. I ignored the pounds as they packed on. I can't stand to think about my number on the scale. I am very excited about my loss, but hate the actual number that I am at. I just need to focus on the future and all the losses ahead...just wondering if anyone else out there has experienced these feeling. thanks gang
Why don't you hop over to the daily chat and read Dave's post, among others'?

Last edited by Linden; 09-27-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #3  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Affirmations! Look in the mirror every morning and say to your self, "I love you, and I will be with you all day long". In the beginning it is difficult, but it gets easier. Just try it for two weeks and let me know how it worked. We have to love ourselves unconditionally, just like we want others to love us unconditionally. If we can't do it - no one will be able to because we throw walls around us so that no one can get in. You have lost 14.5 pounds - be proud of your self.
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
There is really nothing you can do about the past. Should of, could of, would of is pointless. But there is NOW!! NOW you realize it is time to take control of your weight and your life. NOW you have lost 14 lbs. NOW you have made the choice to stay on IP. Focus on the here and NOW, do what you have to do NOW to get where you want to be. There will be days when things are tough. Come to the daily chat and read the struggles of others. They will encourage and motivate you. You can do this.
nursemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #5  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

I don't know if this makes you feel any better, but remember everyone's starting point is someone else's next goal! I've lost 63 lbs, but I'm not quite halfway to my final goal yet. 63 lbs for you puts you past your goal!

I do know what you mean about being ashamed of having put the weight on in the first place. I am proud to tell people how much I have lost, but dodge any questions that might reveal my starting weight. Obviously when I weighed 274 lbs I wasn't fooling anyone...but there's just something about saying that number out loud that is just so mortifying. You guys here on 3FC are actually the only ones who know my "number". Even DH doesn't!

But as others have said, we can't change the past. Yeah, it sucks that we've "let ourselves go", but as long as we're alive, we still have a second chance! Of course I wish I would have taught myself to live a healthy lifestyle 10 years ago, but at least I didn't wait another 10. We can look in the rear view mirror or we can keep moving down the road. I am choosing the latter, and I hope you will too! Remember, you are NOT alone!!

Last edited by NorthernExposure; 09-27-2010 at 09:19 PM.
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #6  
Choco-holic Expert

S/C/G: 165/158/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I think you should be so proud of yourself for making the decision and choice to make a change. The past is the past, just keep looking ahead. One foot in front of the other... I think you'll do amazing! You're stronger than you think.
crimsonorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:31 AM   #7  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

You can hate the number you're at on the scale, but if you hadn't started IP, what would it be? Higher, most likely.

If you DON'T stick with IP, what will it be in a month from now or a year from now?

So, really, what is the best choice?
amylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:10 AM   #8  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Darbs7,
Yes I think we all have felt those shameful feelings at one time or another. Everyone deals with their feelings differently. It sounds to me like you are using your shame to help you stay on track with this diet and that would be a good thing. We all can come up with excuses not to stay on track and some do just that. But me, I was ashamed for a while then this weekend I went to the Golden Corral to eat, looked around and was happy about the choices I made on my plate. I was not ashamed at all.
paygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
You can hate the number you're at on the scale, but if you hadn't started IP, what would it be? Higher, most likely.

If you DON'T stick with IP, what will it be in a month from now or a year from now?

So, really, what is the best choice?

Absolutely, print this out to remind yourself when you need a good pep talk.
elle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:25 AM   #10  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
I don't think you have any reason to be ashamed. So you're 75 lbs. heavier than you want to be. So what? 75 is just a number. Treat it like a number.

75 is your goal, not your identity.
75 is where you were, not where you are.
60 is where you are now, not where you'll stay.
You're down 15, and headed in the right direction
You're already 20% of the way there!
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #11  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Thanks everyone.....I have no thoughts of cheating....I can't imagine eating anything that is not on the plan....I just want to get the weight off. I am very motivated and doing great with the diet....JUST every once and awhile...I hate the reality of where I am currently at.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:09 PM   #12  

I have learned alot during my IP journey. My two new mottos to live by are...

(1) THE PAST IS PRACTICE. LIFE IS NOW.
Forget about how you came to be where you are today. Focus on where you are now, where you are going and how you are going to get there.

and

(2) WAKE YOUR DREAMS.
Only YOU have the power turn your dreams/hopes/wishes/aspirations into reality.

Good luck!
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote