General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #1  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Default Not enough calories

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble getting enough calories. I set myself at a goal of 1500 a day. My doctor has told me no more red meat - trying to get cholesterol down before having to go on medication. So I am eating chicken and fish, and substituting beans to get protein. I am eating lots of fruits and vegetalbes and I am eating 5 - 6 small meals a day when I can. I work as a restaurant manager so I eat when I can during the day and paired with drinking water I am not hungry. I have been losing 1-2 pounds a week and this week I am hovering at 286.5. Am I not getting enough calories or do I need to increase the amount of exercise and cardio I am doin
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #2  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

How many cals are you eating?

I'm a little confused by you're question. If you're losing 1-2 lbs per week, what's the issue? Are you looking to lose quicker?
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:49 AM   #3  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

No I don't want to lose quicker, I am not sure if I am getting enough calories a day. Most days I am only managing to eat 1000-1200 calories a day and I was asking if that is enough to sustain a weight loss diet or do I need to eat 1500 calories or higher? I was asking how to get more calories in a healthy way. Not sure if I am making sense.
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:30 AM   #4  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

not to doubt you, but are you weighing and measuring our food? tracking every bite? At your weight, i highly doubt you are only eating 1000-1200 cals a day if you are only losing 1-2 pounds a week. In water weight ALONE you should have dropped 8-12 pounds (at your starting weight) considering you just started doing this (so no, your body has not kicked into "starvation" mode this early on) I think you are still losing, so thats great!~ i think you are also eating alot more than you think. Thats ok, 99% of us drastically underestimate our caloric intake, and as long as you are losing, its fine.

Im sorry, i ASSUMEyou recently just started, due to your september join date, but that might not be true at all.....??
Either way, WEIGH AND MEASURE everything!
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote