Old 09-27-2010, 05:30 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W Halloween Challenge Week 4

Week 4~ Can you all believe it? I hope everyone is doing a great job at this challenge.

After my initial drop of 5 pounds, the scale is just sitting there. But I did get in workouts on my days off last week. Not quite up to the 5 I wanted, but I did do some good runs.

This week I will challenge myself to 5 workouts as well.

W 64 oz
E extra laps. Maybe workout during Maks swim lesson
E 1400 cals
D keep up a good attitude.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #2  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Hi everyone!

Jeni – I can’t believe the problems you’re having getting into PT. Hopefully it will resolve this week! Also, belated congrats to Mak

Mothermavis – Oh how I wish we could have a dog –allergies prevent it.

Mtiger , Freethetoys – my sympathies re: TOM. I am sooooo happy for chemopause (and crossing my fingers it turns into menopause)! I will be one girl if TOM comes back to visit!

WillsAngel – I love this: “Enjoy this beautiful weather and celebrate my transforming diva self!!”

My day is looking to meet up with this:
W-64 oz – looking good
E - exercise – it’s a strength training day
E - follow menu – so far, so good – only the cooking left to do
D – To be, or too busy to be?
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #3  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I know I haven't been posting much, but I'm still here. I haven't really been setting a WEED goal, but I'm staying on plan pretty well with everything but the exercise. About the only thing I've been doing is some upper arm exercises, trying to get my arms ready for that strapless dress (5 1/2 more weeks). Saturday I finally reached that 40 lb mark that I thought I would hit no later than Labor Day (and had dreamt about reaching by the 4th of July - ha ha). I now weigh less than I have in probably 15 years (and I didn't stay at this weight very long back then). I'm also getting very close to onederland - a place I've not been in 20+ years.

Even though I've not been posting much in this thread, I've been trying to keep up with the reading. I've been dealing with some serious family drama and stress and because of that I've been a little (a lot) scattered

My WEED for today.

W: 100 ounces
E: Zumba video (hope I have time - have a funeral visitation to go to tonight)
E: 1200-1400 calories - low carb
D: I started some decluttering on Friday that I need to finish tonight.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:19 PM   #4  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hello Hello!

I think I have hit my first mini plateau - i am hovering at 286.5 I am having problems getting 1500 calories in. I am going to increase the amount of exercise, i was doing 30min every other day, I am going to go to 5 days a week.

W - 64 oz plus
E-Zumba class tonight
E - 1000 cals
D - don't be discouraged if I am at a plateau

Last edited by WillsAngel; 09-27-2010 at 09:20 PM.
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I am irritated as he!!. I have been busting my butt with exercise, making pretty good food choices and the scale has been going up for about 10 days. What????????

W 100
E Nothing!
E OP
D Take a break, see if it helps
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #6  
from Here to There...

Kris (MamaP) - nice to see you again! Congratulations on the weigh loss and staying OP.

WillsAngel - I've been having problems for the past 3-4 days getting even half my calories in - what gives? Is it the time of year?

mothermavis - I would be more than irritated. Not sure what would cause that... but I hope it's resolved soon!

As for me, I start my radiation therapy today, so my focus will be on getting things organized for supper before I leave, and getting a little nap before (haven't been sleeping well lately):
W - 64 oz – this shouldn't be a problem
E - exercise – I'll be taking advantage of being at the hospital to do some indoor walking, and I'll check out if I have access to their gym. There are days where I might be there a while, depending on how my transportation goes.
E - follow menu – this should be good today; yesterday, had forgotten an appointment and so ate out at a fish place. I thought I was doing reallly well (mussels steamed in a veg broth, and broccoli). Then I got home and input into SparkPeople -- OMG the sodium! the cholesterol!
D – To sleep, perchance to dream zzzzzz
Old 09-28-2010, 07:58 AM   #7  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Sea Wave - Yeah I have no clue on how to eat more without eating bad stuff, I am kinda worried I am not getting all I need.

Mother Mavis - I am feeling your pain, it will break soon!! Don't give up!!

Mama P - Gratz!! Whoo hoo on your weight loss!!!

W - 64 oz +
E - Knees are swollen and hurting, will try to do something in the evening.
E- 1500 cals
D - nap today

Last edited by WillsAngel; 09-28-2010 at 08:04 AM.
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:18 AM   #8  
Calorie Counter

MM~My best unscientific guess is that your body is revolting. It is saying NO NO NO I am comfortable!!! so its holding onto every bit of water and fat that it can. You will probably see a big whosh coming up.

Kris~I hope your famly stuff works out okay.

Willsangel~ If your are only eating 1000 cals and getting in 30 minutes of workout a day your body might just not be getting in enough calories. I think you should get in more calories. Maybe add a couple of more higher cal fruits to your diet.

Seawave~hope your radiation therapy works. You are so positive!

So TOM came early. Dang it anyway. I am extra irritated with everyone right now. and I am frustrated with Wills work because they are not able to get him into the payroll system for some reason. I have been expecting his first paycheck on friday and now it looks like it will be 2 weeks out. ERRR

I think I need a day away from everyone to regroup myself. Maybe My mom will take my kids for the weekend.

W 100 oz
E 40 minutes of cardio
E 1400 cals
D housework, laundry dishes and cook meals for 2 days.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #9  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Jeni ~ I hope they get your husband's pay issues resolved soon. That can be so frustrating. A day away would be nice, too.

SeaWave ~ good luck with the radiation. I hope all goes well. I agree with Jeni - love your outlook!

WillsAngel ~ try adding in a protein shake or green smoothie. I was having trouble early this summer getting in enough calories so I started drinking green smoothies - they are loaded with healthy stuff and taste pretty good. Right now if I'm low I add in an extra protein shake or eat a can of tuna or sardines - that way I'm adding in calories and protein. If you like avocados they are about 250-300 calories and are very good for you.

Mothermavis ~ I agree with Jeni. Your body is just fighting letting go. Keep doing what you are doing and I'm sure things will start moving the right direction again.

I did pretty good yesterday. Got over 100 ounces of water in, 1200 calories (low end, but better than the 1000 I've been hitting lately) and got a chunk of the decluttering done. I didn't get a chance to do the Zumba video because I got home late from the funeral visitation.

I hope everyone has a great day.

My WEED for today.

W: 100 ounces
E: Zumba video
E: 1200-1400 calories - low carb
D: Finish up the decluttering project from the weekend.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #10  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

well done on everyone for keeping going through there various barriers.

im hoping TOM comes tomorrow been so blaoted and feeling sick the last 2 days from food, scales are up and i feel blue.
but my main focus at the moment is to just maintain and keep working out. Im gyming tonight, and going back to capoeira tomorrow (which is crazy brazillian exercise)

w-175 (up 1lb) damn tom
e- trying for 1500 today after a pitiful 2000 yesterday
e- nothing yesterday, gym today in about an hour
d- dont give up, 4 weeks till halloween get through TOM smiling, and work hard afterwards to get down the last 5-6lbs after the bloat and digestive system calms.

fingers crossed this wave is easily rideable.
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #11  
Calorie Counter

just stopping in to say I got in a 60 minute workout today first one in a while. I am going back after I drop Tommy off at school to swim for 20 (if there are no classes) and then a 25 minute steam. I am so looking forward to the steam.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

SeaWave, I agree with the gals! You are awesome!

Today was not my day, after this am, I threw my back out opening a door at work. Will be a forced few days off, which means I will need to be extra careful with food.

Hugs to all, bengaying my neck and back and going jammy! Enough already!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:24 AM   #13  
Calorie Counter

MM~take care of yourself! get some rest.

Back to work today. two days left. I can make it.

W 64 oz
E extra laps at work. Maybe a quick workout tonight no swim team
E 1400 cals I'm doing pretty good with this number.
D stay awake. only got a few hours sleep
Old 09-29-2010, 08:01 AM   #14  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

urgh feelingsuper ill today mixed with TOM and food posioning.....urgh trapped in bedroom trying to feel better
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #15  
from Here to There...

WillsAngel - Protein drink? I'm practically force feeding myself to get the calories in, and now they want me to do high protein (apparently it supports healing).

Jeni - Crossing my fingers that you can get your break this w-e. Keep up with the exercise - it helps with stress.

MamaP - glad it's going well for you!

freethetoys and mothermavis - snuggle in and duck until it's all over. Hope it's all better soon!

W - 64 oz – this shouldn't be a problem
E - exercise – I was able to do some walking at the hospital while waiting, and some of my stealth exercises (see my blog for explanation) while waiting. Didn't get a chance to check out gym access; hopefully today.
E - follow menu – this went well. Didn't follow menu, but had healthy alternate. Also threw stuff in the slow cooker so supper will be ready when we get home tonight.
D – To sleep, perchance to dream zzzzzz - yeah, that was the problem with supper. Fell asleep after my boys left yesterday morning, and woke up at 11:30 a.m. Cleaned up, ate, and off to the hospital. Learned my lesson, though. It's called an ALARM CLOCK!