Old 09-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238.5/212/150

Height: 5'1"

Unhappy Frustrated!

Does anyone else have problems at their location with getting different answers from different people? How about from office to office?

One time I went in asking about Walden Farms products, was told absolutely no way could I use any of these products. Then it was just the dressings. When I asked on Facebook, it finally came down to yes per #18(?) on our "contract" sheet they could be considered a condiment and can be used.

This hasn't been the only instance, just one of the more recent ones that's still stuck in my head.

Moving on, I've been really struggling the last couple of weeks and went in today looking for some support. I feel I got none. The person I met with talked to me about some of the recipes I've tried, wrote them down on a sticky, handed it back to me at the end of the meeting session and said to try those to help stick with the plan. Umm, ok...I just gave those to you, of course I've been eating those.

I don't know what I was looking for out of this meeting, maybe a kind word, a bit of encouragement, maybe a pep talk. All I got was a blank stare and rushed through the blood pressure and weigh in.

I also asked about the Meta-Quick (?) program (shakes/bars for breakfast/lunch) and was told basically they don't have anything like that. Something similar but for only 3 days and that's only recommended after being perfect on plan for a year. Said it must be something new. I left feeling unsupported, used for my money and in tears.

Sorry this has turned into a book but I'm really frustrated with my center. Don't get me wrong, there are a couple of gals that I really like but there are just as many that seem to just go through the motions.

Has anyone else had this experience with their centers? It's gotten to a point where I trust you all on here versus the center. It just seems like the center isn't consistant from one counselor to the next.
icansucceed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Hi there! YES I've experienced the same thing. Right now, I've been on the plan for 5 months and know more than many of the new counselors. If there are girls that you work better with, don't hesitate to ask for them. There are a couple at my center who are total duds.

I did a program very similar to this in the past and was so irritated with the counselors that I stopped going. Don't make my mistake! I gained it all back. I've decided that good counselors or not, this is MY weight loss journey and will get out of it what I put into it. Speak up for yourself and set clear expectations for what you need from them. YOU are paying THEM! Many of them act holier than thou and like they're doing you a huge favor by meeting with you. You are the client, let them know what you need.

Hang in there and let us know if there is anything we can do to encourage you!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:51 PM   #3  

Don't sweat it! :0) I got the same "feeling". The day they signed me, couldn't have been nicer. Then when I had detailed questions, it was like "you really are kidding, right". But today, my weigh in, a lady I had not met could not have been nicer. BTW, lost 2 lbs! Just remember, you OWN them!
kayak123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #4  

Thanks ladies, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has gotten the inconsistancies. You're so right, it's my plan, my money, and I shouldn't feel akward about requesting a certain person if I just feel more comfortable talking to them about any hurdles I come across.

kayak123: Great job on the loss!

Hatethesweatpants: Wow, in 5 months, you have really dropped #'s. I think you are my new inspiration (if you don't mind).
Old 09-25-2010, 08:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by icansucceed View Post
Thanks ladies, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has gotten the inconsistancies. You're so right, it's my plan, my money, and I shouldn't feel akward about requesting a certain person if I just feel more comfortable talking to them about any hurdles I come across.

kayak123: Great job on the loss!

Hatethesweatpants: Wow, in 5 months, you have really dropped #'s. I think you are my new inspiration (if you don't mind).
LOL, I've made mistakes for 10 years and needed inspiration myself, so if it works for you, I will be your ! (cheerleader, not dancing carrot - haha!).
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200.5/166.5/135

Height: 5'4"

It's been frustrating for me too. Almost everyone at my center has changed and it's been really hard for me to go in now. I tried the metaquick a couple of weeks ago and ended up gaining and all the new counselor said to me was "Oh that's wierd." Yeah, thanx for the encouragement! Needless to say I've been way off plan since then. But starting today I'm getting back OP. My contract is up the 29th and still 20 away from goal. Not sure if I shud sign up again or not.
Gward714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:22 AM   #7  

I do get the general feeling if you're loosing everything is great and the counselors are there to cheer you on. If you hit a road block and need actual guidance, they are lost on what to do or what to say. I think alot of it comes from the majority do not have an educational background in fitness or nutrition and simply go through the motions. I think if you're going to work in a profession where you deal with weight loss, you should be able to handle the emotions and psychological aspects that go along with it, but that's just my opinion.

Many times I have shed tears while in the office only to get a very nervous blank stare from the counselor. It's actually rather funny when I think about it. I mean, I don't mean to cry sometimes it just happens and boy has it made a few of the counselors very uncomfortable...lol. I have found a couple that I really can talk with and do give great feedback and suggestion. From here on out, my plan is to request one of them to meet with.

My contract is up in November and I am planning on really going strong until then but after doing it on my own through the knowledge and support I find here. Oh and I'll be purchasing my product online as well.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #8  
fab4two

S/C/G: 289/277/165

Height: 5'5"

Reading these posts, I feel very fortunate that my center (in Macon GA) is so wonderful!! I have had the same 2 main counselors ever since I initially joined in October of 2008 (I lost 35 lbs and decided to 'go it alone' which did not work so well.....okay, it didn't work at all for me).

With that said, I returned in January of this year after months of them calling and leaving me "We miss you, hope you are doing well" messages. The only player that is constantly changing is the center's manager.... but this has not affected the GREAT service Sunny and Niki provide at all!!

I can only imagine what it must be like to experience the obstacles you all are mentioning. Don't know if I would be sticking it out.......

two
Fab4two is offline   Reply With Quote