Old 09-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'7"

Default vloging

So I just started vloging on youtube/Sparkpeople under after deciding I needed a moving version of myself for progress, and well... just because.

I've been going really strong the last couple of weeks, and while had an annoying 16 weeks of flopping around in the 270's I have been really motivated lately. that includes keeping myself motivated.

Does anyone else vlog? I blog like mad on LiveJournal, and lurk a lot here to get inspiration, but vlogging is totally new to me. There are a lot of inspirational people I've found on youtube. BUT I'm wondering if anyone else here vlogs? If yes where do you vlog, and do you find it useful in addition to blogging or forum hopping at wonderful places like this and etc?
tsuninight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

I want to vlog, but honestly - I tried to a few years ago and the youtube comments were so awful and so negative that I decided to stop until I lost some more weight. Good luck to you and let me know what your channel will be - I'll subscribe!!!!
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:38 AM   #3  

Yeah, I haven't gotten any bad comments yet, but from what I've seen they will come. Some people just can't help but be jerks to people who are trying to do something positive.

BUT until a jerk finds me I'm probably good, and after an experience earlier this week I really decided it was time to tell the negative turds of the world to shove it where the sun don't shine.

my username on youtube is TsuniNight (imagine that)

I'm sorry you ended up with jerks on your channel
Old 09-23-2010, 09:22 AM   #4  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

It always floors me that ppl can make the comments they do . . . under the disguise of the internet of course.
I mean really, here you are sharring your struggle with weight loss and being brave enough to let others watch your journey, that alone is amazing to me. I don't have the balls for it thats for sure. Maybe its just me, but I've always figured if you don't have the guts to stand behind what you say, and have to voice your opinon in an annoymos way (which to me is what screennames are on youtube anyways) then you need to shut up . . . . either be proud of what you say, or shut your pie hole

Well aren't I a little fiesty today ha ha.

I'd love to get the link and watch your videos - I'm sure I'll be inspired by your success!!
Kudos to you
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #5  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

I keep track of my weight loss on youtube. My channel is attached to my siggy. I do find it helpful with keeping me on track.

Last edited by JennieLovesKisses; 09-23-2010 at 03:49 PM.
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:53 PM   #6  

@Coon I can't post links yet, I lurk to much and post too little lol. Though I'm getting closer. BUT If you do a youtube search by TsuniNight you'll find them.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #7  

@Jennie woot subscribed.Good vids. I'm not sure why but I find other people hugely motivational I need to show more than from the chest up in my next one *twitch* BUT if hte point is to "see" the difference I guess I need to suck it up and wear something where I can *cough* show me off. hehe.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaTurnHeads View Post
I want to vlog, but honestly - I tried to a few years ago and the youtube comments were so awful and so negative that I decided to stop until I lost some more weight. Good luck to you and let me know what your channel will be - I'll subscribe!!!!
You can always make a video have the option of NO COMMENTS. That way you can still keep vlogging. You can also make it private so only certain people have the link to the video.
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:01 PM   #9  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Way to go chicas!

I agree. I find them motivational AND I never thought of doing one... now I'm thinking.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:34 PM   #10  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I started blogging about weight loss...but I'm too scared to make it public so therefore no one but my sister reads it lol. I have been thinking about doing a video log, but same story! Kudos for your bravery!!!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:01 AM   #11  

If you do let me know. I'd be happy to subscribe. I love the extra motivation and to see how others are doing

I am a nerd like that.