Old 09-19-2010, 06:15 PM   #1  

Default Day one on the 4 day metaslim

I started day one today. Ok, so far. I wonder why a 1/2 an Orange is in the Menu? Can anyone tell me what to expect after 4 days?
kayak123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #2  

I thought 1/2 and orange was a bit ridiculous too. Will it really matter much if you just eat the whole thing? I just finished day 2 of the same menu. I did only eat the 1/2 orange both days. I've been surprised at how generally filling the seemingly small amounts of food per meal has been. I also wish I knew more about what to expect after day 4. I'm getting a bit tired of salad for lunch every day. I like salad but not that much.

Last edited by Nicmom24; 09-19-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Nicmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #3  
Shawna

S/C/G: 157.5/143/125

Height: 5' 3"

For days 5-10 you switch to a new menu. This menu adds the option of an egg in the morning and better protien at lunch. After the 10th day, you can forget the salads. On the green menu (the one you're on until you reach your goal) there are more options, and you can do either 8oz raw veggies or 4oz cooked veggies for lunch/dinner. I have made a huge stir fry one night of the week and then just have leftovers for a few days.

Hang in there for the green menu-you'll get alot more variety!
sgustin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

It really does matter...the diet is chemically balanced with the exact right amount of protein/carb/fat that will give you the greatest loss per week. If you have that other 1/2 orange, plus a bunch of gum (1-2 carbs in each), etc., pretty soon you're over the very delicate line that keeps you in ketosis. When I follow the menu exactly, I lose like crazy. If I make little modifications, I don't.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #5  

I started Sunday. The food is good and the drinks are fairly good, but it's Tuesday night and i've not lost one pound - I am so dissapointed! What now?? I go in for weighing tomorrow at noon
Old 09-21-2010, 10:57 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayak123 View Post
I started Sunday. The food is good and the drinks are fairly good, but it's Tuesday night and i've not lost one pound - I am so dissapointed! What now?? I go in for weighing tomorrow at noon
What now? Keep going! This works. Just give it time. Most people lose only water weight for the first couple of weeks anyway.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:45 PM   #7  

I also lost nothing the first few days of preconditioning. I'll be one week in, finished with the Days 1-4 Metaslim tomorrow when I hope to go WI. I might have lost 2 pounds in that week. I'll be happy with any loss though as long as it's moving in the right direction. Slow and steady is much better for keeping it off long term.

I'm sure your center staff will have suggestions/ideas on what comes next if you're not losing like you want. But while I'm sure they want to see you losing, it is a business so what they want more is to see you spending. My biggest concern is if I haven't lost a whole lot I'll end up getting the heavy sales pitch. I've spent enough already.

Hang in there. I'm in the same boat too.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #8  

I weighed in today and lost 2 pounds, which CLEARLY lifted my spirits! Now, tomorrow I start on the Blue menu. One thing interesting my hubby went to the store today to get more "I can't believe it's not butter" and found the no-fat tub of "I can't" was better nutritionally. He called MRC and they told him it was part of the MRC Bible and not to purchase anything else. I'd like to know more, just because.
Anyway, I am hanging in there! Good luck to all!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #9  

I think some of it may just be pyscholigical. The fewer options you have the less likely you are to stray and think things that are off plan are ok. For instance...hummm the tub of ICBIN seems better for me...I wounder about Country Crock light?!?!? Then before you know it you're way off base.

I also think it's easier to limit your self with the spray countainer than if you were to spread it on. I think less choices just equate to less chances to make a mistake for some of us!
jakesmommy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:39 PM   #10  

I agree with jakesmommy05. Plus, sometimes the non-fat varieties often have more carbs, which is bad news. The nonfat yogurt that I use (I'm on a different menu) has more carbs than the low-fat.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #11  

Yay for you kayak123! I'm also down this week. 2.5 which is more than I expected but it just so happened I was wearing especially light clothes so in reality I think my difference is likely closer to two pounds as well.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #12  

Yeah for me again! Weighed at home and lost another 1/2 lb. Interestingly, DH bought some keto sticks and I guess I tested myself well into the day - after much water! Plus I worked out yesterday, so maybe not Keto there. I'll try again around 10 am Friday - But Gawd I want a glass of wine! :0)