Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy Tell me it gets easier!!!

OK, I just need encouragement. Jillian Michaels kicks my butt!!!

I'm thinking to myself: "The lighter you get, the easier these exercises will be"
Right? Did someone in the 230's discover a big difference in the 220's or 2-teens? I feel like my blub is holding me back from being a fitness queen!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #2  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

I haven't lost much in the month I've been working out at the gym.

I am 233-235.

When I started, I welcomed death after 5 minutes on the eliptical.

I kept pushing.

Those 5 minutes are easier, yes. But the workout as a whole doesn't get easier, per se, I am just able to DO more. 65 minutes on the eliptical, using intervals, and I have added classes (zumba, bosu).

It will get better. Keep moving forward.
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

I'm convinced Jillian is difficult at ANY weight.

I started using 30 DS at around 185. It is easier for me now around 35 lbs lighter, but by no means easy. I can push myself more, for sure, but I still have to modify some moves and I end the workout sweaty and tired (which is as it should be).

The exercises will get easier, but in the meantime, remember that your body IS changing and getting fitter, even if you can't tell on a day-to-day basis.

Last edited by JenMusic; 09-22-2010 at 11:05 PM.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #4  
A runner wanna be.

Height: 5'1

It is a great thing what you are doing for your body! Keep on going. If you maybe add variety on your work out. Just dancing around the house or in front of a mirror is in my opinion a great exercise.
Hugs
lili58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #5  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

I haven't done 30 day shred. BUT I can tell you that I DEFINITELY notice a difference between exercising at 230 lbs and exercising at 206. Even at 216 it was easier. Hang in there! It gets easier!!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #6  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

It gets better - you are becoming less fat and more fit as you progress. Keep your chin up and keep sweating!!
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #7  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I don't know if this is any help, but Jillian kicks my butt too!!
She's tough

If it's too hard on you, there are other videos that you can try.
30DS was not for me. It killed my knees and I couldn't work out for a couple of weeks afterwards. Her No More Trouble Zones dvd is better for me. Sometimes it's trial and error to find something that you like and can do and it won't hurt you. That's the most important part--don't get hurt.

Good luck

Last edited by ddc; 09-23-2010 at 01:05 PM.
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #8  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I'm doing the 30DS (I started maybe around 242lbs) and I think it definitely gets easier but not necessarily only as you weigh less, but the more you do it. I did Level 1 religiously and after the 10 days I was a LOT fitter and began to incorporate running into my exercise plan. It's been more like a 50DS because after Level 1, I stopped doing it everyday, because I was running more etc.

I'm currently on level 3 and to be honest I've found Level 3 a lot easier than Level 1 not necessarily because I was lighter but mainly because I was fitter. If you stick with it, it does get easier. Your body is in shock so give yourself time, it will get easier as you get fitter. By like the 5th or 6th day you're doing it, you'll be surprised how much easier it feels.

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 09-23-2010 at 02:07 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Shred is tough! The biggest thing I've done to make it easier is to truly be consistent. In the spring I piddled around with Level on a day here and a few days there and it was hard every time. This month I've dedicated myself to it and I've been doing it 5-6 days each week and I was so encouraged by how much more I could do each day.
KimProbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:30 PM   #10  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

I'm an on-again-off-again 30 Day Shredder. I typically do L2 now, and I can say, that it depends on the day as to just HOW hard it is...but it is always hard. The good news is, I modify less, I am doing the moves with better form, and I definitely see the difference in my body.

Soooooo, easy (unfortunately) isn't the goal. Effective is - and Jillian has that goin' on! Keep it up. Modify where you need to, and know that you'll always find it challenging, but you will improve & get stronger as you do it more.

She's a monster, in my opinion...but I love her anyway . Anyone who can whip my butt into shape in under 30 minutes is a hero in my book!!
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:13 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattymcfatty View Post
OK, I just need encouragement. Jillian Michaels kicks my butt!!!

I'm thinking to myself: "The lighter you get, the easier these exercises will be"
Right? Did someone in the 230's discover a big difference in the 220's or 2-teens? I feel like my blub is holding me back from being a fitness queen!
I only did a Jillian Michaels video once. Personally I like Jay Johnson. He has a boot camp dvd and it was featured on my cable's "On Demand" Exercise TV feature. So I video taped anything that had him. When I first began doing harder cardio I did his routine he has with the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. It was pretty tough at first even though it's your basic cardio routine. Nothing too difficult for intermediate's and advanced people. After I did that I tried his boot camp cardio routine and it was way too tough. So I went to other cardio routines to build me up. Earlier this month I did his boot camp cardio routine for a while and it was a lot easier. At first I was still huffing and puffing hard and long. The first time I had to stop two/three times to take a drink of water and catch my breath. I couldn't make it through the jumping jacks without stopping. The second time I did the dvd I did better and was able to make it through the jumping jacks. I still had to stop the tape and catch my breath and get a drink.

The third day I was able to make it through the jumping jacks and get started on the second routine without having to press stop. I did everything with him (he does give ten secs breaks for water) until halfway through the second exercise. So it does get better. Sadly when classes began I got lazy and have been so into my studies I haven't made time for exercising and need to get back into it. But it does get easier. When I first exercised my muscles all over would be so sore and painful. It'd be horrible. Now days the area around my calves just feels a bit like jelly, but after a bit it gets better. I still get sore sometimes around that area but not like before. However, I am happy to say that all the days I did the video I made it through the whole routine even though I so wanted to stop.

Last edited by LittlePinky82; 09-29-2010 at 12:15 AM.
LittlePinky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:19 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMusic View Post
I'm convinced Jillian is difficult at ANY weight.

I started using 30 DS at around 185. It is easier for me now around 35 lbs lighter, but by no means easy. I can push myself more, for sure, but I still have to modify some moves and I end the workout sweaty and tired (which is as it should be).

The exercises will get easier, but in the meantime, remember that your body IS changing and getting fitter, even if you can't tell on a day-to-day basis.
I also think your mentality changes too. When I first began exercising I wasn't very strong mentally. I stopped more when things were painful. If something seemed too hard for some reason I wouldn't even think of trying it. Now days I welcome the challenge. When I last did Jay Johnson's boot camp cardio routine I pushed myself through it no matter how hard it was and how tired I was. If this was me back earlier in the year, even just in April, I probably wouldn't have made it through. After doing exercising for a good while now I've definitely noticed my mentally about things in general has changed. And I like that new part of me. It goes into other areas of my life.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:21 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddc View Post
I don't know if this is any help, but Jillian kicks my butt too!!
She's tough

If it's too hard on you, there are other videos that you can try.
30DS was not for me. It killed my knees and I couldn't work out for a couple of weeks afterwards. Her No More Trouble Zones dvd is better for me. Sometimes it's trial and error to find something that you like and can do and it won't hurt you. That's the most important part--don't get hurt.

Good luck
Even trying other trainers works. To the op go to http://www.exercisetv.tv and just check out different trainers. Everyone has a trainer they like the best. There are some good one's out there that challenge you. If you don't like Jillian Michaels, or aren't ready for her, try someone else.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:01 PM   #14  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

It gets easier AND more enjoyable with every time you do it, keep up the workouts....but dont feel trapped to do just one. Maybe your body likes something else better. Try many things and see what works for you as you progress and change.
xty is offline   Reply With Quote