Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 06:47 AM   #1  

Default Weekend 3/14 thru Sunday 3/16 ????

or do you want to make seperate days?

Makes no matter to me!!!

Suns up, Coffee is HOT, kid is still hacking and whining for his Grandma, and I am off to hit the showers...be back soon!

What ya doing today?

peach
Old 03-14-2003, 06:59 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

peachie, this is good!!!

at the big kid not wanting to dance with a girl. I'll second the hoping it lasts until he's 30.

Is Grandma coming over again today while you go out? Did you really put stickers in her lunch? That is so cute!!

Jiff did you make it yesterday??

Hazel..........POST!!!!! I'll be forced to kick your rapidly thinning butt tomorrow at the support group.

My froggie throat is better.......now I just sound like I have smoked 8 packs of ciggies for 30 years.

The band trip to Disney World is still on, as far as we know. As the treasures wife, I have the pleasure of mailing the last payment to the tour company today. This is it, if we don't go now, we lose our money.

Beautiful week, but going to turn icky for the weekend. Tried to tell hubby, it was a good time to paint our bedroom, I don't paint, he does. He said, he was cleaning the basement........not a job I want to do........I don't do basements!!! Except when we have tornado warnings, and than only if I have to.

Off to get this day started.
Old 03-14-2003, 10:18 AM   #3  

Glad to hear your froggy throat is better, Debkay! Is your trip to Disney contigent on current events or is a band parent thing?

I wish Hazel and the other gals would post too. I am beginning to think that we smell bad!!!!

Yep! I really did give mom stickers in her lunch! The kid just called her and moaned that she should come over NOW. I think, well, I KNOW that she is much nicer to him than I am...I seem to be losing patience with him....he is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo....needy..... get me this, get me that, I don't wanna dance with a girl and you can't make me, whine whine and double whine.....................just like a man. I know he is only nine but sheeeeesh!!!!

I'll get mom something special for lunch and beg her to stay all day!!!

peach
Old 03-14-2003, 11:15 AM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

peachie I'm beginning to believe it is the "peachie and debkay daily." Even Ruth hasn't popped in to say hello.

I'll talk to Miss Hazel tomorrow!!! See if her finger's are or are not working. You work on Jiff.......and the rest, well we will just have to wait until they show up.

The poor little guy......and he is just practicing his needy voice for when he does decide to dance with girls

Yea, the trip is contigent on current events. We do have an ace up our sleeve, the principals son is in band and going on the trip. His wife is a hoot.......she is our.........gee Mr principal.....we need......fill in the blank!! But, if there is any type of threat to safety, even she won't be able to talk him into letting us go.

Wish we were close enough to "do" lunch!!
Old 03-14-2003, 11:18 AM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Oh, as for lunch......doesn't the Sycamore Grill in Stone Mountain sound good right about now.
Old 03-14-2003, 02:31 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Talk about needy!!! You two! I was out all morning socializing with my skinny pal Claire. We sat in her sunny farm kitchen and talked, drank coffee and admired her new dog. It was great.
Sorry you felt neglected!
Old 03-14-2003, 03:31 PM   #7  

I'm here darn it!

I've just missed so much work, and man are we busy!

John had his 2 week check up, and got the OK to go back to work (Thank God!) Great guy, but he really needs to get out of MY house! LOL

He is down 30 lbs. feeling great, and driving me crazy.

Will try to post more later!

Diane
Old 03-14-2003, 03:52 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

well, someone brought in the BEST bagels.. kosher ones from long island. how did i know they were the BEST??? i ate 1/2 of one, with the iinsides pulled out!! and no, i didn't eat it at one sitting, i snacked!!!! a big no no.

and now, i finally had lunch, and i doubt that it's going to stay down. now, aren't you sorry i posted?????

gotta go. this lunch isn't working.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:34 PM   #9  
Slowly going crazy!

Peachie:

Just wanted to answer your question from the last 'chat' postings. I had my fill on 2/28 (so about 3 weeks now) I started losing quite a bit once I had my fill. The weeks before your fill and just after surgery are for healing, so I don't count them really as 'weight loss days'....

I'm really restricted, but still enjoying food. *wink*. I keep forgetting portion control. I throw away so much food.

I'm pms'ing now...boy do I need to watch the chocolate intake. I had some sugar free chocolate but didn't pick up as much as I need *LOL*.... I hope this gets over soon...I want to eat chocolate, but can't...get too stuffed.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:36 PM   #10  
Slowly going crazy!

Oh and Debbie, thanks for the new signature...what an inspiration.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:32 PM   #11  
Hang In There

Peachie: didn't anyone warn you? that's whaat little boys do, they grow up to be MEN!!! it only gets worse until they start to becme human again.

Deb: I love your new little icon. Did you get the "she who must be obeyed" from Big Dog?

I really don't have anything to say, I just want to make my "presence" felt!!!
Old 03-14-2003, 09:34 PM   #12  

hey everyone! i would post more but i work way too much and by the time i get home, my bed is my best friend. i am glad to see everyone is doing well. sorry that your lunch didn't like you, jiff.

guess what?! i got my surgery date!! 4.29.03

wooooohoooooo!!!
Old 03-15-2003, 06:01 AM   #13  
she who must be obeyed

heaven 4/29......just around the corner!!

Diane, so glad John is doing so well.

Thanks Ruth for posting with peachie and I. We really were beginning to think we had a bad odor.

Amy I know I have ask this before but, how often do you need a fill?

Jiff sorry that lunch didn't sit well.

Barb, I don't know who "big dog" is. I got the "she who must be obeyed" from the talk show host I listen to everyday. He calls his wife, "she who must be obeyed." I started calling myself that in front of my husband and kids..........didn't help, but hey.......a girl must try!

I'm up way to early this Saturday. This cold or whatever it is, has now turned into a cough. I was just laying in bed hacking, so instead of waking hubby up, decided to get up. The radio station I listen to, has a lawn and garden show on at 6am......right now I'm listening to Bubba tell me how to catch trout.

Today is an anniversary, I guess somewhat worth noting. One year ago today, March 15, 2002.......I was moved from ICU, after 45 days, to the rehab hospital, where they weighed me for the first time since having my wls on 01-14-02, and I had GAINED 20 pounds because of the high calorie tube feedings. As sick as I still was.........I was PO'd...........I couldn't believe I had gone through all that to GAIN weight!! Of course it's "all good" since that time.

Going to the support group meeting this morning and after that, not sure what I will be doing.

I have prattled on long enough......time for someone else to spill.

Have a wonderful, terrific day!!

Last edited by debkay; 03-15-2003 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:06 AM   #14  
Old Cackler

Default well, i think it's a GREAT anniversary!

after all, we all knew at that point that you were out of the woods. thank goodness!

Let's see.. what can i prattle on about? first, chicken breast is hard for me to eat. it's just too dry, no matter what i do to it. legs and thighs are easier. lesson hammered home. AGAIN!!!!

on today's agenda [not nearly as interesting as debk catching trout!]: manicure for mom, hiking with the dog, weights, and knitting class. i'm so far behind they might throw me out!

and deb... please give hazel a big hug from me...

luna.. glad to hear john is doing so well that he's being evicted to go back to work!!!!

on thursday at work, one of the graphics guys came by with the camera and announced that it was TIME! the company posts our pics on the website, and the graphics guys have been so nice about updating my pic whenever they feel that i've lost enough for it to be noticed. it kind of caught me by surprise this time, since i haven't actually lost weight, but i've lost inches [quite a few of them, although heaven forbid i actually MEASURE anything!].

so, now i finally have a jpg of the pics taken before the surgery, and next week i'll have the most current, so i'll post both. maybe my collar bones will be showing!!!!!!

and this goes to the continuing discussion about whether or not to tell coworkers, or anyone else, about the surgery. at some point, it's hard not to notice the weight falling off. and people will ask. sometimes they're concerned that you're really sick, and sometimes they're just curious, and sometimes they're just plain stunned over the dramatic change, but it does get attention!

OK... so. i'll just chalk yesterday up to a 'bad food day' and do better today. am planning to take mom to dinner, rather than lunch, and i'm fantasizing about lobster at the moment. makes sense to me!!! did you all know that 3 oz of lobster has 23 grams of protein and 90 calories??? at least, that's what the food guides say. however, since each gram of protein has 6 calories, i calculate that these 23 grams of protein have 138 calories at least!!!! does this mean we can't trust the food lists?????

it's always something!!

have a great day, ya'll... stay out of trouble. give yourself a treat. food or non-food... doesn't matter.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:02 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just popping in to let you know I always read this butterfly thread. You chicks are great.
Closed Thread