Old 09-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Default What triggers your cravings?

I don't usually have really serious cravings and never have. I didn't know what a true craving meant until the other night.
I wanted a snack but didn't feel like preparing anything so I poured some Crystal Light into my jug of water for a treat. After drinking it for a while I realized that I'd probably had too much and decided to not drink any more, but I had this unbelievable urge to drink more so I went and dumped the rest in the sink.

When I got back and sat at my computer my throat felt weird and I wanted to drink Crystal Light SO BAD. It wasn't even really a craving for other sweets...I just wanted that Crystal Light, LOL. I even had to dump out a little bit that was in bottles by my bed which had been there since before I started Atkins because I was afraid I'd drink them! I took all three containers of the mix that I have and put them in the coffee drawer so they would be out of my sight. I eventually got my mind off of it and stopped wanting it.

Has anyone else ever had an experience like this after starting Atkins?
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #2  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

If all I had ever craved was Crystal Light, I wouldn't be on Atkins. That's so funny! It had to be triggered by the "sweet" although it was fake sweet, don't you think? When I'm on Atkins, I can't keep peanut butter in the house because I'll eat it with a spoon. Normally, a jar can stay in the pantry forever...til I throw it out! It's the sugar in peanut butter that calls me because when I started Atkins it was the only sugar and fat combination in the house. I'm not thinking too long about what I crave. That's a trigger for me!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Haha, I'm more of a boredom eater and I've never had really bad cravings. I've had them before but I can't remember a craving as powerful as the other night. The weird thing is that I usually like dinner foods more than dessert so I didn't think I would fall victim to the sugar cravings a lot of people get on Atkins. I was definitely wrong! I didn't realize that hidden sugar was in almost everything until I started this diet.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #4  

I just learned that I cannot have a pack of beef jerky at work. I literally ate 12 oz in 2 days.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:51 PM   #5  
cher37

Hawkins cheesies... ice cream... sweet dinner rolls.... popcorn... chocolate... pie crusts.... pizzas... anything from the bakery...

do you want me to go on???

hee! hee!

/cher
Old 09-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #6  

lol cher yes to all that.

I thought she meant while on atkins!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote