Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 02:48 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Great Thread!!

I was snooping around on some of the other groups today and came across a great thread. Thought you might enjoy!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=23170
Old 03-13-2003, 02:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I love that thread, too. I go back to it when I need some motivation. If they can do it, I can do it!

Last night I went to Dotti's Weight Loss Zone and read every single success story. I guess I needed some incentive.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:49 PM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

wow Sandi - they gave a lot of great ideas! - that thread could become a book! - they could make millions! - I book marked it.

Thanks for sharing! That was the best thing I've read in a while!

Dana
Old 03-13-2003, 06:12 PM   #4  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

thank you so much for posting this! One of the suggestions in the thread was to lose 10% of your weight and then maintain it for a few months, then lose another 10% etc. I don't know if I am patient enough to do that on a routine basis, but I unwillingly "stalled" for a point after the initial weight loss. I feel like I'm just beginning another "push to the finish line" now.

I can't wait to write my own 100+ success story and reading all of the 100+ stories of the people on this list!
Old 03-13-2003, 06:51 PM   #5  
Meg

Hi guys! Please forgive me for butting into your forum, but I like to "snoop around" too (just like Sandi) and read the other forums. I used to post in the WW 100+ forum and still feel at home with those who have a lot to lose.

I'm one of the "losers" in the thread that Sandi posted and I wanted to say that I know that EVERY one of you can do this too. We want lots of company in the 100+ success stories!

I was fat my whole life, tried every diet known, failed, but picked myself up and never quit trying. Then, when I was 46, I finally lost 123 pounds and am keeping it off. No secrets, no magic pills, no drinks in a can, etc. etc. Just consistent day-in, day-out sticking to my diet and exercise plan. I'm not going to kid you and say it's easy -- we all know it's not. But it is SO worth it!

I love reading the way you all support each other. Just do it one day at a time and don't worry about how far you have to go -- you all will get there! Never give up, never quit trying, tell yourself that failure is not an option.

I post most of the time in the Ladies Who Lift forum under "General". Feel free to drop in and post or just read. We are (mostly) women who follow an number of different diet plans but who all lift weights. For me, that was a big component to my successful weight loss. There are at least two other 100+ losers who also post there regularly -- MrsJim and Diamond Deb.

If you believe it, you can achieve it.

Meg
Old 03-13-2003, 07:09 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Thank you for sharing this! What a fantastic thread!
Old 03-13-2003, 08:01 PM   #7  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I love that thread, I have read it several times.
Closed Thread