Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 09-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/148/135

Height: 5'5"

Default First loss and I've been staying on track!

So today I woke up and I found the scale telling me I'd lost my first two pounds!

I've been working out every other day at the gym and tracking everything I eat on livestrong.com. I tend to cycle my calories a little, keeping it at 1100-1200 for several days (I eat a LOT of fruit, vegetables, high-fiber foods and lean protein, so I don't usually feel hungry at all), and then bumping up to around 2000 every once in a while. (Though I haven't been trying to lose for very long, I've tracked my calories on livestrong before. It's very illuminating!)

Well, last night I went out with my friends to a bar.... AFTER I'd eaten pretty much all I needed for the day. I had a Captain and diet coke, and a couple small glasses of beer (We got a pitcher of Blue Moon on the house! How could I resist?)

The smell of french fries at the bar was SOOOO delectable. Since I hadn't eaten recently, the relatively small amount of booze (for me) made it nearly impossible for me to resist ordering some. They had two dollar homemade potato chips... And I swear they were speaking to me from the menu.

I summoned all my willpower and resisted their siren call. My weakness, health wise, is fried foods like chips and fries. I overeat them constantly, and I never feel satisfied. So I've decided that if it's a fried snack, I simply can't allow myself more than one bite.

My friends and I came back to my home, and we sat around visiting. I made some lowfat popcorn and brought out my strawberries and clementines as a snack.

Although I ended up going a little bit over my calories last night, I am so proud of myself for having a good time SANELY and not consuming thousands of calories!

As a reward, my scale let me know I had lost my first two pounds!

Thanks, scale!
Lula Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Congrats LB!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Awesome!