Old 09-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #1  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Default Red Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 1 (9/19-9/26)

Hello red team!

Glad to see so many of you participated in the getting to know your team thread. Let's carry that on over to here as we head into our first official week of the challenge.

A few reminders:

1) You must post at least once weekly in the chat thread in order to be eligible for weekly biggest loser and overall biggest loser.

2) Weigh ins for this week must be posted by September 26th at 10pm AST. (NOTE: If you weigh in earlier in the week, that is fine you can post your weight anytime during the week as long as it is before Sunday at 10pm AST.) If you miss the weigh in, I will automatically enter in your first freebie. Every member has two freebies. After you use those two freebies, if for any reason you miss a weigh in you will be elminated from the running for the biggest loser title.

3) Once the weigh in cut off time has been reached, I will be tallying up our weight loss/ or gains and be back with the results within the following two days. Red team and blue team leaders will always post the new threads every Sunday evening for the following week and results will be posted weekly by Tuesday evening, if not sooner.

GO RED TEAM!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #2  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Another reminder: When you post your original weight in format on the Red Team Fall Focus Weigh In thread, you must post your original starting weight at the time you signed up. I did go through and edit some of your posts because you posted the wrong numbers. Please realize this is so we can keep it fair for everyone. Some may have huge losses this first week because sign up was several weeks ago...but after we get through the first week of weigh ins, then everyone will be on a more even playing field.

Thanks so much!

GO RED TEAM!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 08:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 328/309/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan84 View Post
2) Weigh ins for this week must be posted by September 26th at 10pm AST. (NOTE: If you weigh in earlier in the week, that is fine you can post your weight anytime during the week as long as it is before Sunday at 10pm AST.) If you miss the weigh in, I will automatically enter in your first freebie. Every member has two freebies. After you use those two freebies, if for any reason you miss a weigh in you will be elminated from the running for the biggest loser title.
Thanks for posting this. I was wondering when we were able to update our weigh ins and by when. I hope everyone remembers to update!

GO RED TEAM!
Old 09-19-2010, 09:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Red Team!
Nice to meet everyone. I was in the last BL challenge and was able to lose 6 lbs.( that's good for me) Near the end I had alot going on and lost my focus on what I was trying to do... I have dusted myself off and am ready to go again...
Good luck to everyone!

Shan- thanks for being our leader for another round. BTW I like your new photo

Terapet--Congratulations on being the BL for the summer challenge!!!

Pinkpolkadot- Welcome!

LOL @ me- I came rushing here worried that I missed the 1st weigh in... I'm down 2lbs, I hope I can keep them off till next week.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:19 PM   #5  

It's gonna be a great week! We have the fair here and my daughter's bday, but I will be strong and limit the carbs! I have to do this for the long run...and get myself into better shape! Let's go RED TEAM!
Old 09-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #6  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Can't wait to see how the challenge goes! I'm off to exercise here in a minute!
Old 09-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 328/309/180

I feel stupid now lol...I thought today was the 26th. I am a week ahead of myself. I was freaking out because no one was updating their weigh ins and then I thought maybe I wasn't posting them in the right place...haha. I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 09-19-2010, 11:02 PM   #8  

Hi Red Team,
I hope everyone had a great weekend, mine was pretty good even tho it was cold and rainy. I'm getting close to picking out a color for my living room, it is kind of between a peach and salmon color and I think it will give the room a warm glow if I can get it right. I'm going to paint the trim a creamy white color to match all the other trim in the house. Unfortunatly all the woodwork has been apinted and I just don't have the patience to strip everything and refinish it. Also I would be dealing with lead removal if I did that so it's best to just repaint. I also have to get more paint for my bedroom and finish there. The only problem is the brand of paint I've been using is only sold at a store that is a 40 mile one way trip so I won't get there soon.

Shan, Thank you for being our leader, and I hope that I'll be able to keep up this time.

Everyone, It's been fun getting to know you a little through your posts, I'm trying to read all of them and will get better with personals as time goes on.

I hope everyone has a great week
Bette K
Old 09-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #9  

Hope everyone has a great week! I have to go back + see what I weighed when I signed up. I will be lurking on the board all week since I have my first exam on Thursday. Just hopping on to ward off cravings as of course I want to munch on something while I study!
Old 09-20-2010, 03:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: (High:270) C:212/210.4/160

Height: 5'5

How's everyone doing?? Things are going great here. My hubby will be home tonight after a month in the field. I'm so excited! And I have a non scale victory: I made 6 boxes of brownies yesterday for the guys coming home tonight and I didn't even have any! Not even a lick of batter! And chocolate is definitely a weakness. I'm off to get my nails done for the ball but I'll be back to check in later. Have a great day!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:01 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpolkadot View Post
I feel stupid now lol...I thought today was the 26th. I am a week ahead of myself. I was freaking out because no one was updating their weigh ins and then I thought maybe I wasn't posting them in the right place...haha. I hope everyone had a great weekend!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does things like that :P
Old 09-20-2010, 08:01 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette k View Post
Hi Red Team,
I hope everyone had a great weekend, mine was pretty good even tho it was cold and rainy. I'm getting close to picking out a color for my living room, it is kind of between a peach and salmon color and I think it will give the room a warm glow if I can get it right. I'm going to paint the trim a creamy white color to match all the other trim in the house. Unfortunatly all the woodwork has been apinted and I just don't have the patience to strip everything and refinish it. Also I would be dealing with lead removal if I did that so it's best to just repaint. I also have to get more paint for my bedroom and finish there. The only problem is the brand of paint I've been using is only sold at a store that is a 40 mile one way trip so I won't get there soon.

Shan, Thank you for being our leader, and I hope that I'll be able to keep up this time.

Everyone, It's been fun getting to know you a little through your posts, I'm trying to read all of them and will get better with personals as time goes on.

I hope everyone has a great week
Bette K
Sounds like a project...but it will be pretty
Old 09-20-2010, 08:04 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse2be View Post
Hope everyone has a great week! I have to go back + see what I weighed when I signed up. I will be lurking on the board all week since I have my first exam on Thursday. Just hopping on to ward off cravings as of course I want to munch on something while I study!
ahhh....i remember munching and studying! I don't know what WOE you are on but stocking up on safe munchies beforehand may help you! Good luck on your test

Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife88 View Post
How's everyone doing?? Things are going great here. My hubby will be home tonight after a month in the field. I'm so excited! And I have a non scale victory: I made 6 boxes of brownies yesterday for the guys coming home tonight and I didn't even have any! Not even a lick of batter! And chocolate is definitely a weakness. I'm off to get my nails done for the ball but I'll be back to check in later. Have a great day!!!
WOOHOOO for not having the brownies!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 242.6/236/140

Height: 5'7"

Good job armywife! Brownies are my worst weakness.

This week will be a good one. I need to get to the grocery store at some point today. I've decided to be brave and try baking something pumpkin-related. Yay.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #15  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Leslie Lou -- Good luck with resisting temptation at the fair! Our town's fall fair was this past weekend, but I just couldn't go, I wasn't feeling strong enough to resist a corn dog, so better not to go at all for me!

Pinkpolkadot -- lol about the date, I think we're all just anxious for that first weigh in.

Bette -- Your paint sounds nice, is there an online chip you can share with us? I love decorating talk!

Armywife88 -- That's definitely a NSV! All those brownies and you held strong - amazing! Enjoy your manicure.

Nurse2be -- If you get an overwhelming craving try brushing your teeth, that sometimes helps me. Good luck with your studies.

I'm staying home today with my DS who is a little under the weather. He was up several times last night with a sore throat. He felt quite warm then, but no temp this morning.

The last week has been amazing for me in terms of weightloss, unfortunately the number I posted a few weeks ago was also lower, so there's not as much difference since that number. I've got another week though, so we'll see.