Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 07:33 AM   #1  

Default think spring...and summer-can't wait!

Hi,

After this winter, I can't wait for spring and summer.

What are you looking forward to doing in the nicer weather?

I am looking forward to:

taking Matthew to the park, playground, and zoo

swimming in my mother in law's pool

going to the beach/boardwalk (and not being tempted by ice cream)

wearing my summer dresses and skirts -and not having to wear pantyhose or tights under them!

wearing capri pants again (I love them!)

planting some flowers-even though I have a black thumb and will probably kill them

being outside, and it staying light outside later!

Anyone else have some ideas?

Enjoy,
Sherry
Old 03-12-2003, 10:29 AM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Getting out of the damn house! I love to exercise outside...walk, play, run....
Old 03-12-2003, 10:43 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Oh Sherry...
your message sounds wonderful!!
We are expecting 58 degrees here on Saturday (a heat wave for WI) We plan to go for a hike with Sara - just be outside! I am so excited.

I've already started looking at summer stuff. Thinking about outdoor furniture. We are going ot buy a new bbq this summer. BTW - does anyone do anything special (diet wise) on the barbie?

I can't wait to plant a garden. We rent - but I want to do a veggie garden this year. I think it will teach Sara so much (she's 3!)

Dana
Old 03-12-2003, 11:20 AM   #4  

Dana, gardening with the kids is definately a treat!!! The only problem that I have is keeping Drew (he's 3 too) from picking the fruit too soon! As soon as he sees the green tomato or white strawberry, he picks it! Uggh, but the whole reason for the garden is to teach him about how things grow. He loves helping me plant and prepare the soil, and then pick the fruit. I suggest radishes and carrots and sunflowers (they are easy to grow and radishes are quick). You tapped into one of my favorite subjects! You can actually grow a small garden in pots, if you don't want to dig up the yard your renting.

Another of my favorite subjects - the bbq!!!! I love to grill. I like to marinade chicken and veggies in a little light italian dressing and just throw them on the grill. They turn out so yummy, and they are pretty good for you, too! Love to grill onions and mushrooms. They just come out so great, put a little light margerine and garlic powder and mushroom slices or sliced onion in aluminum foil and stick them on the grill. So yummy! Another low fat idea that makes chicken yummy is to buy some wood chips and smoke it! Easy, smeasy and so good. Oh, and have you ever tried beer-can chicken?

You are all talking about the things to do to get out of the house as I am preparing myself for a few months inside. When the temp starts hitting the 100's, I can't bring myself to be outside too long (I feel like my eyes sweat, yuck). It's been in the 70/80's here, so I've been doing the outside things, but I do miss the pool. Can't wait to start swim season. Actually, the neighborhood pool is open the next two weeks for spring break, but Mark (my 5 yr. old) just got 11 stitches Sunday morning while we were at disneyland, so he can't swim until they come out.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:22 AM   #5  

Gardening! We had a lovely, warm day on Saturday and I cleaned our back yard. It had really gotten the winter grungies.

It felt good just to be outside and OUT OF THE RECLINER! Pre-Spring Warm days help me wake up and realize I was in winter hibernation!

Angi
Old 03-12-2003, 12:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Gardening for me, too. I'm working on a whole landscape plan for our "new" house. I'm trying to get rid of the over 200 roses my parents planted--have managed to adopt some to good homes, but still have lots left. Maybe I should offer free shipping!

Our family vacation at the coast.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:45 PM   #7  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I can't wait for summer so I can start jogging. I want to go camping and swimming and fishing, I can't wait to wear shorts for the first time in 8 years, and wear tank tops and not be selfconscious about myself. I love the summer, and I can't wait to go to the mountains
Old 03-12-2003, 01:42 PM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I like to go for walks for my exercise, but hate doing it in the cold, so I can't wait to walk in warm weather. I also love to walk my boo. He will not walk when it's too cold/wet/rainy, so I'm hoping it gets dry soon!

Visiting my aunt, uncle & cousins in Superior in June.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:12 PM   #9  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Awwww... those poor people in the cold parts of the country!

I love LOVE cooking on the barbie. Even though it's just the Cute Boyfriend and myself, we fire it up at least once a week. I'll refrigerate BBQ chicken to add to a salad mid-week. I also love grilled veggies and grilled pineapple (YUM!).
Closed Thread