South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 05:49 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Chatter

Good morning! It's a tad chilly this morning so I'm back to the velour robe and fuzzy slippers. I think Hurricane Earl scared summer away. The long-range (14 day) forecast shows below normal temps and lots of rain.

I made good progress on my backlog of work yesterday but found a lot of niggles. Right now my monitor is wreathed in small stickies. I should get he multi-coloured ones to make it look more festive. I have a pot of chicken stock on the hob right now and will let if cook away as I kill off niggles.

Hmmmm - maybe a bowl of veggie beef soup for breakfast. Whadayathink?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:06 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ruth! Sure, veggie soup might warm you right up! I'm not too perky, yet, but am working on it. I have so many niggles but I guess I'll wait until Mom leaves later this morning. Nothing too interesting here.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, girls!

Ruth, veggie soup sounds good for this chilly day, but I don't think I'd like it for breakfast. I'll go with my good old standby, oatmeal. I hope you finish up all those Mill niggles this morning so you can clear the afternoon for pleasure!

Debbie, I hope your day is productive and fun!

It's pretty chilly here, and now my mind is on soup. I have lots of butternut squash from my garden, and I think I'll make a nice pot of Curried Squash Soup this morning. The girls have the day off, but they're fox hunting this morning, and I don't have to go over until noon. I'm staying late this evening, though, and today is my Friday. Whoo-hoo!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:33 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning!

It's cool here too. Ruth, I could enjoy a bowl of your vegetable soup right now!

I hope parents will remember to send jackets or sweatshirts with their kids this morning. It's so hard when the weather keeps jumping back and forth from sweltering to chilly! We teachers keep showing up dressed wrong for the weather too..... But I NEED to get everyone outside to run around a couple of times a day this time of year.

I'm looking forward to my long walk in cool weather this afternoon though. (I was rained out last night.)

Enjoy your 'Friday' Cottage. Debbie, I hope you enjoy your day - perky or not. Hello to those who haven't posted yet.

Have a great, on plan Thursday, friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 09-09-2010 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:38 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It definitely feels like fall has arrived in Vermont. Luckily I love fall I'm looking forward to sweaters and crockpot stews.

Ruth - I am the queen of stickies. I have them in every size and color and use them constantly. I agree with Debbie, soup sounds like the perfect breakfast for a cool morning.

Debbie - Not so perky here either. Maybe another cup of coffee?

I am hoping that last night will be the turning of the stress insomnia arc. It was the worst night yet, even though I've got a good handle on the stress part. Usually that means that I'm due for a couple of good catch-up sleep nights and then will be back to normal

I am counting down to vacation (7 more work days!) and am really looking forward to being away. I'm due for a little refocusing and a week of walking, biking and bird watching will be just the thing.

Today though I'm off to a coffee shop this morning. I planned to spend some time doing data entry and other computer stuff. What I didn't know is that the power company planned to replace the transformer. Oops. Luckily there are several good coffee shops with WiFi and I have a brand new work laptop to play with. I might take a little time off in the middle of the day before a 6:30 meeting. I'm learning to balance these days that end with meetings so that they aren't 12 hour work days.

Hope your Thursday is a breeze.

ETA - I had this sitting around too long!

Heidi - Enjoy your walk this afternoon. I was thinking the same thing

Cottage - I've been thinking about curried carrot soup. I'll have to try the butternut this year.

Last edited by CyndiM; 09-09-2010 at 06:40 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hey chicks We are getting the remnants of Hermine here today so no bike ride. The break from being outside may be good for my eyes. They are feeling the worst of the ragweed. So boring elliptical for exercise today. Dinner at my mom's tonight - very off plan. It is time for a return to PH1 tomorrow. Sigh.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Okay, 0734 hrs is DEFINITELY a record for me making it into the daily thread!!! Just got home from the gym and I'm about to hit the hay. Gotta get up in time to go to the gym before work AND call the DA's office to make sure that I'm definitely needed for court Monday so I can call and cancel my doctor's appointment that I've had for 3 months. So much for addressing my possible shrimp allergy w/ my doctor. Oh well.

Vegetable beef soup sounds really great right now. I have been CRAVING it lately. I've been craving all kinds of soup lately, actually. Hmmmm...I think I'll have to work on making that this weekend. Don't know WHEN considering I'm booked solid Friday and Saturday w/ haircuts, dinners, parties, cooking FOR parties, football (GO DAWGS!!!), etc. Eek!!! Anybody wanna come make some soup FOR me??? LOL

Anyway, ladies, I'm going to bed. I hope you all have a great day. By the time I head in to work for the day your days will mostly be over with.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Flying through-catching up...I need to go check on Mom.

Natasha, I'll make soup for you!
Old 09-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Hey, beef and veggie soup for breakfast is great! I added Franks hot sauce and a tablespoon of Parmesan. I followed it with yogurt and some agave. Now I feel as if I've had lunch and it's time for a nap but there's probably some rule about having afternoon naps at 9 AM. Who makes these rules?

Right now my house feels warm and cozy with rain outside, heat inside and the aroma of chicken stock drifting through. I wish you could all be here.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #10  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning little lovely chickadees
I am in a great mood ready to tackle my day... up and showered before 8:00 is a miracle these days! No coffee either, some sparkling water with 100%cranberry juice(not from concentrate) that zip will wake me up

Ruth- I think veggie soup sounds delish! I was thinking of putting a pot on this morning myself(w/o the beef, of course!) Robe and fuzzy slippers sounds pretty fabulous too! ETA- I LOVE Franks red hot! YUM!

Debbie- Enjoy the afternoon with your mom! Way more important than the niggles!

Cottage- Whoohooo for "my fridays!" However, these days my husband has been saying"everyday is a weekend to you!" in a way I guess he is right, but working on the house I think makes everyday a week day!

Heidi- Hope you get your walk in today!

Cyndi-whew- your days do sound packed! Hope you get a couple days of extra sleepytime!

Karen- Enjoy your time w/o allergies

Natasha- Sounds like a busy weekend! Hope you aren't needed for court too! ugh, sounds dreadful!

As for me- I have a busy day of tiling ahead... hopefully by this weekend I can post finished pictures! lol Looks dreary out right now but the weatherman says sunny today, we shall see! Im off to home depot to find a mini trowel...Hope you chickies have a great day!

I WANT THESE SOY JOY ADS GONE!!! ARG!!! Everytime my 3fc is running slow its because its waiting on one of those ads to pop up... Joy Bauer doesn't do it, and groupon doesn't either... Only the stupid soy joy. \rant. sorry.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #11  

Good morning ladies!

I've got my exercise in. Today, I plan on staying at home today and getting some much needed housework done. If I have enough energy left, I may cook some for the freezer.

Okay, I think I need a mid morning snack already. I feel a twinge of hunger.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdw1 View Post
I WANT THESE SOY JOY ADS GONE!!! ARG!!! Everytime my 3fc is running slow its because its waiting on one of those ads to pop up... Joy Bauer doesn't do it, and groupon doesn't either... Only the stupid soy joy. \rant. sorry.
If you buy a subscription to 3FC, all those annoying ads will disappear!

I think subscriptions to the forum are still available, but I may be wrong.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Greetings to your Mom. I've decided to stick with my sister as my payee. Too much hassle to change, lol.

Last edited by BellaLucia; 09-09-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #14  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Hmm, I am going to check on those subscriptions....
Old 09-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Subscriptions are no longer available since the change of ownership. At least, I think that's right. I've been wrong before - married twice.
Closed Thread