Old 09-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #1  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up 15-20 pounds to "normal" BMI

Okay, so some of us will never be normal. However, I wondered how effective the decade threads will be for us as we get closer to the "normal" weight zone (by BMI), because different heights will have us stopping in different places. Some of our taller ladies will stop in the 160s and some of our smaller ones to the 120s or beyond. And yet, in many ways we occupy comparable places in our journeys and we could help each other.

Would it be effective to have a thread where we can go as we approach normal BMI targets? Wonderful to commiserate slow losses, celebrate sizes and keep each other focused. What do you think?

Right now I am 13.6 lbs from BMI=25, which is also right at 100 lbs. How about you?
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #2  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I've been 1 pound from a normal BMI for like 2 months now (well, there was some gain and then losing of what I gained). I thought for sure that my weight this morning would be at 200 or lower and it wasn't. I was back sitting at 200.8.

I have a good feeling about tomorrow. It might be the first time ever that I see a number on the scale starting with a 1. Lets hope!

I like the idea of a thread counting down those close to a normal BMI.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #3  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

I'm 14lbs from a BMI of 24.9, just into healthy, and it feels like it's going to take forever for me to get there lately. The summer vacation has really messed with my plan and I really need to see the number on the scale start dropping steadily again.
So I'd love to join a thread for those of us working to get to a healthy BMI.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I think "Into the normals" alongside all the "Out of the XXXs" is a great idea!

As I've still got 44lbs to go, I don't quite belong here yet!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #5  
Argh.

Rosinante, if you like the idea then you belong here.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:37 AM   #6  
Token rooster

and no, it didn't happen this morning. Even though I had an excellent day yesterday and was well under my calories, the number fluctuated up to 202.

Onederland keeps eluding me. I am going to do my best to see that number this week!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:26 AM   #7  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

I am currently 7.2 pounds from a normal BMI.

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:29 AM   #8  
Fighting The Binges

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_H View Post
and no, it didn't happen this morning. Even though I had an excellent day yesterday and was well under my calories, the number fluctuated up to 202.

Onederland keeps eluding me. I am going to do my best to see that number this week!
Oh Matt, I know how frustrating that must be for you
I seem to get stuck at every decade for some reason. At the moment I just can't seem to get away from 160, have been up and down from 159-163 for what seems like ages.
Stick with it and I'm sure you'll see a 1 soon.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:43 AM   #9  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh, fabulous idea! I am 21 pounds away from a normal BMI which will happen at 145 pounds. You're right! There are many of us at this mile store and the decade threads just don't accurately represent that.

I am trying to watch my calories, trying to budge the scale again. Today is a no sugar day! LOL! No chocolate!! Chocolate is my weakness and maybe taking it out will move the scale. I know I at least need to cut it back and cutting it out is actually easier. Also, lately almonds and chocolate go together and that's a lot of calories.

Matt, I'm not at all surprised you are stuck just above. That happens to me every time too, not to mention you're at the stage where you have to fight for every pound. Hang in there!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #10  
Argh.

Keep on, Matt - it is horribly frustrating when you're that close to a key goal and can't...quite...seem...to get there!

I have put a pretty tight reign on sugars myself, Eliana, as that is most certainly my major weakness. I love chocolate.

At 183.8 this morning, so the scale is still slightly elevated. Was good with food yesterday, so-so with water, and took a day off exercise. Tonight I'll be doing upper-body workout and some cardio - should be fun.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:33 AM   #11  
Token rooster

Once again, no dice

200.4. I guess I could round down, but that would be cheating. At least it is a new low weight by .2 pounds.

soon soon soon a number that starts with a 1 please!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #12  
Calorie counter

Yep, no dice in the downward direction for me either. I suspect I'm fighting uphill right now for a couple reasons, one of which is ALLERGIES! I'm so tired!! And I really think my body is hanging on to weight because of it. I'm plugging along with the workouts but my heart is just not in it right now. There's no joy. LOL! I get such a rush from exercise and I hate that the joy is missing. But it's temporary!
Old 09-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #13  
Argh.

This slogging is why we need a thread like this one, I think. I didn't make any downward progress today, but did weigh in at 182.8.

I lived in Italy for a while, and this reminds of it. In Italy when someone was not getting something done, it was always 'domani, domani' (tomorrow, tomorrow). So, domani. Perhaps domani it will go down...
Old 09-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #14  
Fighting The Binges

Saw a half pound drop this morning taking me to the lowest I've seen! Been to give blood this afternoon and I know after last time I'll have an approx 2lb drop tomorrow just because of that, so considering not even weighing tomorrow as I can't stand the disappointment of the bounce back I had last time again lol.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #15  
Calorie counter

Domani! My new favorite word. It makes me feel a bit like Scarlett O'hara though. At work I OFTEN have this "I'll think about it tomorrow" attitude.

So if you go home and eat too many chocolate chips and popcorn, do you just skip dinner? I have got to get this figured out! 3:00-4:00 is my old pigging out time. I had it conquered at the end of last school year. I would eat a large snack BEFORE coming home and made the kitchen off limits until dinner. Then summer hit and I developed new (good) habits that worked for being home all the time. Now I'm back to the grind and darn if I can't go ONE day without chocolate chips or some other snack I don't need. I am ravenous when I get home and for no good reason! And the thing is, once I have that snack, I can go the entire rest of the evening without eating...except that I have to feed the family! And it isn't exactly a good example for mom to eat chocolate chips and popcorn for dinner...at 3:00.

Tonight I might get away with it because I think I'm just going to have them all heat up leftovers. I never do that but the fridge needs to be cleaned out. I have no problems skipping dinner! It's not like I gorge myself, but about 200 calories of chocolate chips completely satisfies me whereas if I didn't get them, it's all I would think about until dinner.

Last edited by Eliana; 09-09-2010 at 04:59 PM.